Whatcha Makin' for DINNER tonight?

Options

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This recipe from WW - had it last week and CANNOT wait to have it again! So easy, and whole fam damily loved 'em. :heart:

Roast Beef Roll-Ups

If you have a pepper grinder, use it. Bigger chunks of pepper add bite to these sandwiches.
    Ingredients
    2 Tbsp light cream cheese
    2 7-inch whole wheat tortillas
    6 oz deli-style roast beef
    Freshly ground pepper to taste
    1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
    2 Tbsp mustard, horseradish-variety
    Instructions
    Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese down the center of each tortilla and top each with 3 ounces of roast beef. Grind some fresh pepper over top. Place 1/2 cup of lettuce on each tortilla, drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of mustard and then roll tortillas up. Yields 1 roll-up per serving.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    For me, dinner will be:
    chicken breast tenderloins grilled with seasoning
    quinoa
    sauteed vidalia onions, green peppers and mushrooms

Throw the chicken and veggies on top of the quinoa and voila, dinner is served.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    tonight i'm making

THAI LETTUCE CUPS
    one of my FAVE dishes

What is your recipe for the Thai Lettuce Cups? I loooooooove lettuce wraps.

Hey there, I have several variations depends on what I have in my fridge and how much work i really want to put into it. If I feel like imitating the ones I LOVE from the Cheesecake factory - if you've never had them you should cause they're out of this world and really not that bad for you...I can say that's the god's honest truth cause I worked there for many years and know exactly how they make them

I was a little short on time last night so I made mine with flank steak, romaine, cucumber salad (sliced cucumber, red onion, rice wine vinegar) , shredded carrot, and thinly sliced fresh jalapeno (i love a little spice)

I pound out the flank steak really thin, a little s&P and flash grill it on high heat
    cut it into bite size pieces
    add it with all the other ingredients into the romaine and enjoy

*the person I originally learned this from made them with iceberg which is a really nice, cool contrast to the heat and spice, but I wanted to bump up the nutritional value (slightly) with romaine
  • rcatr
    Options
    I call it my "kitchen sink" pasta

i want to get rid of the bits and pieces of veggies and meats i have lying around before they go bad and i'm trying really hard not to waste any food.

Tonight - i think - it will be peppers, onions, broccoli, carrots, and ground turkey
    I sautee it in a bit of olive oil with minced garlic and toss it with penne (or whatever pasta i happen to have)

sprinkle a little parm on top

YUM!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Grilled skirt steak with a dash of montreal steak seasoning! YUM! Grilled shrimp kebabs if I can stop to buy shrimp! :laugh: Otherwise sauteed squash and onions. :love:
  • rcatr
    Options
    Fried Rice

-yes, you read that correctly. homemade. :bigsmile:
  • rcatr
    Options
    Here's what's up for me!

I love this magazine

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pork_chops_marsala_sauce.html
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Here's what's up for me!

I love this magazine

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pork_chops_marsala_sauce.html

That looks good! I'll have to add that to my favorites to try soon. I really like porkchops sometimes.

I think tonight I'll be trying Shiitake and Pea Risotto: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1963967&cookbook_id=5273291

I think it will accompany a recipe I saw on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90496-spinach-and-goat-cheese-stuffed-portabello.

I'm such a sucker for mushrooms, too!!
  • rcatr
    Options
    Loved the ideas I was getting so I'm bringing this back too!

grilled skirt steak
    mango salsa

haricot vert
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Vegan sushi w/ Lemon Pepper grilled seitan
    Fresh lettuce mix from the farmer's market with Maple Fig dressing, yum!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Stir fried veggies and tofu with some stir fry sauce(well I have to check 1st to make sure its vegetarian appropriate) over some brown rice or WW couscous if I'm out of the rice
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Vegan sushi w/ Lemon Pepper grilled seitan
    Fresh lettuce mix from the farmer's market with Maple Fig dressing, yum!

Um, yummy :smile: I might have to pull out my sushi mat and make some veggie sushi tonight!! Otherwise, I might be doing a veggie vichysoise (sp?) (cold potato leek soup) with crusty bread and salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump for great recipe ideas! :)
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like quick and easy dinners since I go work out straight from work so by the time I get home, shower, change, etc. It's already at least 6:30pm.

I cheated and bought a rotisserie chicken yesterday so I wouldn't have to cook, and I'm planning on chopping some of that up and making a BBQ chicken pizza with it. Whole wheat tortilla (or whole wheat Lavash), BBQ sauce, chicken, red onion, cheese and baby spinach. I would normally toss some bell pepper on there too but I think I'm out and forgot to pick some up at the store last night.

I'll probably use the Lavash tonight because I still have a lot of calories left, otherwise I would use the tortillas.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Tonight - http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1809103

Crab, Corn, And Tomato salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing.
    Mmmmmmmm

I saved this recipe. It sounds yummy!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Grilled NY Strip(with a bit of Montreal Grillmates), roasted brussel sprouts, and baby spring mix salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, and carrots.

Never roasted brussel sprouts before....We'll see....
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There were some amazing ideas on here - thought i'd bump it up! Hope you find something you like! :drinker:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Yummy....I made turkey burgers and had an avocado as my side!! It was awesome!!
  • chonnyj90
    Options
    This (but in wholemeal tortillas, with a side salad rather than with naan bread, using more fresh ingredients and steaming the chicken) http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1652/curry-in-a-hurry
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I bought Trader Joes mixed asian stir fry (in the fresh section). Heated that up in some EVOO and added some shrimp. It was deish and very light