Whatcha Makin' for DINNER tonight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Made my homemade veggie soup last night. having some of that with a lean pocket (look away if you can't stand it :sick: )

Veggie soup (replace with whatever veggies you prefer)

1/2 yellow onion
    1 clove garlic minced
    1 tbsp olive oil
    2 red potatoes diced
    1/2 large zucchini diced
    1 large carrot diced
    1 14oz can organic diced tomato
    1 quart of vegetable stock
    pinch oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes

saute onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes
    add diced carrots
    add veggie stock
    bring to boil
    add diced potatoes and reduce to simmer
    after 15 minutes add diced zucchini
    simmer for 15-20 minutes

add spices to taste

so yummy and the veggies are tender but not overdone.
  • octobher
    Options
    Italian baked flounder, steamed brussels sprouts, loaded cauliflower (some shredded cheese, low fat sour cream and a slice of turkey bacon)
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    I'm cooking for the first time in ages (my boyfriend normally cooks). i'm cooking steak, patatoe bake, + creamy pasta salad :D
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It's either lean pork chops with veggies and mashed potatoes or tacos and burritos! The kids think thy have dies and went to heaven when I make mashed potatoes! Alas, no hubby to cook for since I'm divorced. I have a hard enough time making nightly dinners for me and the kids, sometimes I just want a quick piece of salmon and brown rice without the fuss and thats so easy to make. Salmon in the foil, then in the oven, minute brown rice, instant in a cup and whalla, I'm eating in 20 minutes!
  • carmen62
    Options
    Salmon, steamed asparagus and a 1/4 cup of mashed potato. It was delicious!!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been inspired and I may make ground turkey soft tacos with whole wheat tortillas....delish.