50 Shades of Grey

Options
1235»

Replies

• strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    I will be seeing it! By myself :'(
    @lucyledbetter21‌ Your man doesn't go to see movies like that with you? Good! he gets a extra stamp for his Man Card. lol jk
  • lcbaby16
    lcbaby16 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @strozman‌ dont talk about anyones man card.. you are taking me.. remember???? <3
  • strozman
    Options
    lcbaby16 wrote: »
    @strozman‌ dont talk about anyones man card.. you are taking me.. remember???? <3
    I must have forgot to tell you, I have to work, go to a funeral, wash my hair, prep my meals for the week, or any other excuse that seems reasonable
  • lcbaby16
    lcbaby16 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    its ok.. we will keep it a secret! lol i wont tell anyone!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no. Not going to watch it. The books don't give the BDSM lifestyle the right treatment and, also, I think it would be really awkward to watch it with people around. Call me strange, but I like my erotica in private.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't envy the cleaners at the cinema
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Noogynoogs wrote: »

And lets be honest, it's not going to smell the greatest in the theater during the movie.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I "read" the first book -- meaning I flipped through it looking for the "steamy sex" and found . . . just regular old sex that I could read in any old book. I also thought it was boring as heck. The movie is probably just going to be them emailing and texing each other since that's all they did in the book.

I can't imagine the movie being any good and the sex is going to be very, very tame. My guess is the scenes that they picked for the trailer are probably the best ones in the movie.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

And lets be honest, it's not going to smell the greatest in the theater during the movie.

I don't understand this. The film is rated R. (17 and under not admitted without parent) I read the books and as much as I didn't care for the plot, or how they were written, if the movie is going to be true to the book this film should have been rated X. I don't think people going to see it are going to be getting what they think they are going to be getting (AT ALL). Rated R = No touch yourself worthy moments IMO!

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Yeah, no. Not going to watch it. The books don't give the BDSM lifestyle the right treatment and.

^^Agreed. I read somewhere... I can see if I can dig it up... that the relationship in the book hits many of the abusive relationship markers.
  • Lucy_Love_25
    Lucy_Love_25 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    @lucyledbetter21‌ Your man doesn't go to see movies like that with you? Good! he gets a extra stamp for his Man Card. lol jk

Lol good lord! I have asked everyone and no one will see it with me. Il go by myself! I have no problem with it
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options

Lol good lord! I have asked everyone and no one will see it with me. Il go by myself! I have no problem with it

I'll pick you up at 8

• ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    They are a series of badly written books by a complete untalented, hack of a writer. According to some friends who worked on the shoot, she was an absolute nightmare to deal with. Wouldn't go see it with YOUR money!
  • strozman
    edited February 2015
    Options

As pretty as you are, it's hard to believe that no one would go.

I know you don't have a problem seeing it alone, I was just being silly. Even a team of wild Playboy Bunnies would have a hard time to get me to see most chick flicks
  • mhecht32
    mhecht32 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    May I suggest some Dave Barry! :)http://time.com/3030375/dave-barry-50-shades-of-grey/

Also - I was really disappointed in the casting in this movie, which is why I will probably wait for Netflix. Yep the books were terrible; however, most erotica is after a few chapters. Lol there are only SO many ways to describe all that limited anatomy and shenanigans! :smiley:
  • goddessofawesome
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

I don't understand this. The film is rated R. (17 and under not admitted without parent) I read the books and as much as I didn't care for the plot, or how they were written, if the movie is going to be true to the book this film should have been rated X. I don't think people going to see it are going to be getting what they think they are going to be getting (AT ALL). Rated R = No touch yourself worthy moments IMO!

How many movies are "true to the books"? I mean honestly.

• goddessofawesome
    Options
    They are a series of badly written books by a complete untalented, hack of a writer. According to some friends who worked on the shoot, she was an absolute nightmare to deal with. Wouldn't go see it with YOUR money!

You forgot "ripoff artist" since it's a Twilight rip-off.