Kit Kat or pear??

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    That is a LOT of carbs. Personally, I'd dial it back and add more protein and fat. Carbs are a great energy source, but protein and fat are also very important.

To answer your subject line - if the pear is in season and at perfect ripeness, it would win over Kit Kat. If it's not, then I'd take the Kit Kat. There are few things more delicious than a perfectly ripe pear.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    jhitt1975 wrote: »
    You would think fruit would be good for you but it's not, here's why:
    - glycogen reserves for fructose are tiny (liver) compared to other sugars (muscle glycogen).
    - because of this post exercise you have a greater chance of spillover to fat
    - Fruit often contains the enzymes to break itself down so it's faster digesting than many simple sugars
    - fruit often has very little fiber and is far more acidic than vegetables.
    - in human development fruit was very rare,truly a treat. Remember til a few hundred years ago when sugar because accessible to the masses fruit and honey were the junk food of the times. In fact it's only since the 1920s grains entered our diet and only since 1950s sugar was wide spread.

Say what?! Grains and sugar have been harvested by humans for 1000s of years.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Definitely the Kit Kat.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    - glycogen reserves for fructose are tiny (liver) compared to other sugars (muscle glycogen).
    - Fruit often contains the enzymes to break itself down so it's faster digesting than many simple sugars
    - in human development fruit was very rare,truly a treat. Remember til a few hundred years ago when sugar because accessible to the masses fruit and honey were the junk food of the times. In fact it's only since the 1920s grains entered our diet and only since 1950s sugar was wide spread.

Just no..smh. Honey junk food...more like super food
    10600650_459670594174276_2385158564478176256_n.jpg?oh=296fa5382512fd4928f9a3e820b9d885&oe=55276D5D&__gda__=1428715905_0be51a842b013200bd29a8d69c609426
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Creationism history. God didn't invent grains until March 13th, 1922...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    Neither.

Snickers. Snickers is the answer.

Or Milky way.

Or Reese's Whipp's. I haven't had one of those in forever *drools*.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

really so the ancient romans and greeks did not eat grains?????
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I look forward to the 100 year anniversary in 2022. I'll eat all the grains.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Then how did Jesus feed the multitude fish and loaves??
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yesterday I had a KitKat. It's only 90 calories! A mere blip in the calorie world. Here is what you should do: if you feel like having a KitKat, have a KitKat. If you feel like having a pear, have a pear. In my personal experience fiber and pool don't mix well. They make me bloat and sit like a rock in my stomach depleting my energy. (although my diet is pretty heavy in fiber outside the pool).

Unfortunately many people ignore mental and emotional balance as an essential part of a balanced diet. If a diet is too hard to stick to, you are likely to fall back into a less stressful diet based on old habits that are detrimental to your desired results.

The question you should be asking is not "what foods should I eat/remove" but "how do I balance the foods I already love in a way that does not compromise my health and nutrients."

Unfortunately, no one can answer the latter for you because the answer is very personal. It's the holy grail for anyone who is trying to establish a new life-long perspective regarding food. For me personally, I have adopted the "don't eat it unless you want it" approach. You'll be amazed how much people eat just because something is lying around even if they don't want it or even like it all that much. I usually ask myself if eating something is worth the calories or if I would rather spend them on something else I like more. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it's not.

That said, none of that has any weight in the matter unless you are eating within a deficit. Also remember, weight fluctuations are normal and you are likely to go a couple of weeks without losing every now and then just because of these fluctuations - especially if you are close to your goal weight, in which case the loss is so slow that it can be masked by the slightest fluctuation.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

-Thank you.
    -This post was very informational.
    -I try to avoid fat spillovers as often as possible.
    -Now that I know that fruit, especially pears, has very little fiber, there is no reason to eat them.
    -I also enjoyed learning about how our ancestors ate. So was it all bark and twigs before the 1920s? This sounds grim.
  • Lyndonbearsmommy
    Lyndonbearsmommy Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm not great with diet, but if you're looking to lessen the fruit, maybe swap some fruits for eggs, nuts, peanut butter (or add to an apple, I love that), or cheese. Good luck!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Surprised nobody said both yet
  • auddii
    Options

Almond flour... :wink:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Almond flour... :wink:

If today's people lived back then...

funny-jesus-vegan.jpg

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you."

Um, what are the macros in that?
  • auddii
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you."

Um, what are the macros in that?

Lots of protein...
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    lseed87 wrote: »
    Surprised nobody said both yet

I said neither.

I'm so edgy.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Kit kat. Erry damn day
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Pears have no taste imo, so I'd choose the Kit Kat (even though I haven't eaten Hershey in close to a year)

emily_stew wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    Neither.

Snickers. Snickers is the answer.

I had a Peanut Butter Snickers yesterday...party in my mouth.
    Edit: Twix is still my fav though.

agreed with all of this! have you tried the PB Twix?

ETA: i don't agree with the original quote up there though. i love pears too, i think they have wonderful flavor.