McDonalds

Options
124»

Replies

• loganboo2
    loganboo2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When we take a road trip up to our cabin, the only feasible option along the way is McDonald's at a certain point (because they are nearly everywhere! ) I discovered I can order the $1.29 side salad with a separate grilled chicken breast for $1.59..... Add in the low~ fat balsamic dressing and I get a satisfying meal for 185 cal, 2g Fat, 7g Carb, 24g Protein....... All for a cost well half of their regular specialty salads :)

Thanks for this info! If I ever get in a rut and have to go with the family I'll know what to order!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    When we take a road trip up to our cabin, the only feasible option along the way is McDonald's at a certain point (because they are nearly everywhere! ) I discovered I can order the $1.29 side salad with a separate grilled chicken breast for $1.59..... Add in the low~ fat balsamic dressing and I get a satisfying meal for 185 cal, 2g Fat, 7g Carb, 24g Protein....... All for a cost well half of their regular specialty salads :)

I drive a lot, so before I go, I stop at a grocery store and buy some sandwich meats, loaf of bread, Coke Zero in small cans, water, mix trails, and fruits. Usually bananas, because they feel me up better than apples.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    loganboo2 wrote: »
    I went through the drive through and got my husband two double cheeseburgers and cheese sticks. I didn't get anything for myself. At home he left the cheese sticks on the counter and I ate one. After fiding out it didn't taste nearly as good as I thought, it made me never want to eat it again! I beat myself up about it but I said "hey it was only a cheese stick and not 2 burgers, fries, and a soda!" After that I just don't crave it anymore! Lesson learned! From having no sugar and limited carbs my taste buds have changed dramatically! Just keep healthy stuff ready and in reach!

Cheese sticks?! At McDonald's?! I need to move.

I'm in her state and I was unaware of this too! But I think I had McDonald's twice in all of 2014. OP, if you love it make it work in your calorie budget (easier to stick to this way of eating that way), if you don't, definitely give it up.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pretty much everywhere I look someone is eating McDonalds. Especially at work! LOL
    At least 1-2x a week someone is offering some fries, apple pie etc. My resolution is to have a McDonalds free 2015. Has anyone also tried to do this? If so how are you going about it?

I have been saying no thank you, or if they insist I take it and give it to someone else. I work at a school so there is always someone that wants a snack.

My boss and her teenage kids who often come to work with her bring in fast food breakfast every. single. day. And the breakfast was always my weakness. With time it's gotten easier. Now when I smell it I tell myself,

That's not food. It won't nourish my body. It won't give me energy. It's poison. Not food.

(whether you agree or not it works for me.) Those thoughts usually make the smell change from tempting to nauseating. Lol.
    Then I go make myself a cup of Yerba Mate and pat myself on the back. :smile:
    My lifestyle changes don't allow fast food. Some people's do. If it works and you want to make room for it, that's great, but I salute you for your decision to avoid it. It will get easier with time.