People that try to deter you

Options
we have them all around. "Have a piece of my birthday cake. Birthday calories don't count!" "You'll hurt my feelings if you don't have some of my going away cookie!" "If you only knew how hard I worked to make this!" "It's only a few calories, it wont kill you!" "Did you seriously just weigh those berries. You've become obsessive. Live a little!"

If you say I'm gonna hurt your feelings, I tell you to be sad. If you say you slaved in the kitchen, I remind you I didn't ask you to. Oh, and those birthday calories that "don't count?" Im saving them for a GOOD homemade cake, not some nasty frozen cake from Kroger. ;)

How do YOU respond to these comments from people that seem to try to get you to fall off the wagon , or don't have respect for the healthier changes you've made in life?

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I have no troubles like that. Maybe it is you throwing your diet in their faces.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    We all live with noise and it just depends on how you let it effect your life. Personally, I don't have a problem supporting my own decisions, after all it's me that is responsible for my actions.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    No. I don't do that. When I am offered something I cannot fit into my day, I say "No" or "I can't have it today, sorry!"

And for the record, I'm not on a diet. :)
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    We all live with noise and it just depends on how you let it effect your life. Personally, I don't have a problem supporting my own decisions, after all it's me that is responsible for my actions.

Oh, I have no problem supporting my own decisions. Was just wondering if any of you wanna scream "shut the [bleep] up!" at some people sometimes. Haha!

It can get rather annoying explaining to a coworker that while you KNOW going a few hundred over isn't gonna kill you, you prefer not to
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just say "no thank you." Unless, of course, it some fantastic, homemade, gonna hurt someone's feelings food, then I would have some. Then tomorrow I would eat a little less or add little more exercise just to even it out for the week. This is your new lifestyle, you can't say no for the rest of your life.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I've never actually used it, because no one who I've wanted to absolutely crush has ever said anything like that to me, but you could always go for the throat and say "if I wanted to look like you, I'd eat like you." *blows smoking barrel*
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I've never actually used it, because no one who I've wanted to absolutely crush has ever said anything like that to me, but you could always go for the throat and say "if I wanted to look like you, I'd eat like you." *blows smoking barrel*
    I would never say that out loud but I need to work on thinking it in my head. I work with people who eat donuts cake and pizza all the time and bring it in for everyone in the room... It's a nightmare there it is right in front of me all day! It's bad news but if I think what you said in my head I am sure I can start being firmer...it's SO NOT WORTH IT!

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I use the 7 day average for calories and not daily. Even monthly if there are more than I'd like of events or special days. I try to be +/- 500 calories for the week.
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I just say "no thank you." Unless, of course, it some fantastic, homemade, gonna hurt someone's feelings food, then I would have some. Then tomorrow I would eat a little less or add little more exercise just to even it out for the week. This is your new lifestyle, you can't say no for the rest of your life.

Well, I do have what I want, when I want, providing it's in the range of my calorie goals.

When a coworker comes in with chicken and dumplings for the department unannounced, it's not my responsibility to appease them.

Another example would be someone who is very active and healthy telling an overweight diabetic that it "makes them sad" to see that person eating a huge slice of cake that they shouldn't have.

I do have a great support system in my life. My boyfriend, close friends, and family are proud of the progress I've made. But there is always someone in EVERYONES life that will be the Negative Nancy.

Honestly, I'm tired of being judged for not putting in on the random pizza lunch I don't intend to eat, ya know?

If I made a coworker a salad, and said it would make me sad if s/he didn't eat it, would it be any different?
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I use the 7 day average for calories and not daily. Even monthly if there are more than I'd like of events or special days. I try to be +/- 500 calories for the week.

I look more on the week in general too. Example, I'll go over this weekend; I have a super sappy sweet weekend planned for the beau for Valentine's Day, and of course it'll involve food, lol. That's a special occasion. A special occasion isn't dominoes at the office in a Tuesday.
    I work with people who eat donuts cake and pizza all the time and bring it in for everyone in the room... It's a nightmare there it is right in front of me all day! It's bad news but if I think what you said in my head I am sure I can start being firmer...it's SO NOT WORTH IT!

It isn't worth it to me, either. (Unless it's a maple donut from this awesome local hole in the wall bakery. Then I'm done! Lol

I think we've all thought it. Haha.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    We have a co-worker that won't stfu about organic this and grain fed that, and always going on about the hfcs in everything and her work outs at the gym. I want to punch her in the teeth, tbh. We purposely eat pizza and bring in cupcakes to annoy her :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    We have a co-worker that won't stfu about organic this and grain fed that, and always going on about the hfcs in everything and her work outs at the gym. I want to punch her in the teeth, tbh. We purposely eat pizza and bring in cupcakes to annoy her :)

Haha the hubster has a pseudo-vegan workmate who goes on and on and on about how vegan is the way, but has a sweet tooth that overrides her ethics. I always get a smug sense of satisfaction when I send in something yummy and full of butter, cream and eggs, and she caves and eats some.
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

Lol! Too funny. I don't think it's right to imply to anyone that their lifestyle choices aren't right. Me, personally, I believe a gluten free diet is pointless unless you have celiac allergies. And I don't buy organic crap, as 75 cents for a bell pepper makes me happier than 3 bucks for one.

I mainly have one coworker that is bad about telling me to live it up, or to stop being methodical in my logging. I might just mention how many calories she consumes when she sits there and eats that 5th oatmeal cream pie. (I'm kidding, I really won't. As I said earlier, that's their life choice!)
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

Haha the hubster has a pseudo-vegan workmate who goes on and on and on about how vegan is the way, but has a sweet tooth that overrides her ethics. I always get a smug sense of satisfaction when I send in something yummy and full of butter, cream and eggs, and she caves and eats some.

Haha I think I love you!!

And all you animal rights vegetarians: you eat all the animals food. How CRUEL!! :smiley:
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Easy. "sorry, I'm diabetic. doctor's orders."
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

grumpy-cat-good-1.jpg

Serves her right. Lol.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    All I can say is just don't let anyone mess you up.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    <3 Grumpy Cat!
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Wow, hardcore. I like it.

• hollyrayburn
    Options
    jjscholar wrote: »
    All I can say is just don't let anyone mess you up.

Don't have to worry about that now. I'm focused on me! :)