Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• Bobzfit
    Bobzfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    prof_newme wrote: »
    I had a little victory I'd like to share. I went to a birthday party tonight and they served cake and ice-cream. Neither one was too appealing (which has never stopped me before) so I ate none of it! Not one bite and I even sliced and passed out the cake.

I feel strong and invincible! I know this time is different

That is not a little victory. That is a major triumph!
    That is definitely a major hurdle to cross. Congratulations! These positives add up and make it all come together.
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    Good morning to all and greetings to the new ones!! I want to share a story of my wife's journey. She had a goal to run a 5k after her loss of 200+ lbs. She ran it Saturday and finished. Her story is on my blog at guidancefitnesspt.com I enjoy hearing of all the successful stories you share and am glad to be a part of the support to help everyone through their journey. One step at a time.
  • didjaever
    didjaever Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Up 3/4 of a lb this week. Not giving up. One meal at a time.

How has everyone's week start off?
  • SojournerYouth
    SojournerYouth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So far so good. I worked out, even though I really didn't want to, and I brought all my food. So, for a Monday, things are stellar, Lol!
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So far I'm putting in the effort physically and with food. Still looking to finish this month feeling good. I noticed when I was running around the yard today breathing is much easier. I don't get winded quickly. Love that NSV.
  • danielle7577
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry for the double post. Positive vibes going into Tuesday! :)
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It really felt good to log my calories for the day and not have to add that cake on.

In the past I would have eaten the cake and just not logged it and that would have meant not logging anything that night. a big gaping whole in my weeks diary. Not this time!

Thanks Danielle and inchworm for the encouraging words! Welcome @KP3868 so inspiring!
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So I went to the Dr today. 2/18 was at 169.7 and today was at 157.2.. Not bad for a little over a month. I've really focused this month on my protein intake!! My scale and the Dr's vary slightly. He was extremely pleased with my focus and commitment this month since I had a 10lb gain over the last 3 months. As I near the 100lb mark the last 25lbs are the hardest and where I usually hit the wall and give up. so the next 60 days will be the hardest of all... focus focus focus...

I suppose the heavy meal I cooked yesterday was sitting high but I so enjoined eating real food and still staying within my goal! Roast beef, braised cabbage, baked carrots, baby green lima beans and macaroni n'cheese..
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So many new people to welcome and so many victories to celebrate! It's so exciting to read about the motivation running rampant and the successes you are all having!

For those of you struggling, share your struggles because most of us have most likely had the same struggles or are currently working through them. This support system is so awesome!

I crave being able to share my weight loss with you all and it helps keep me focused. Sure I step off the path every once in a while but I'm human and just like falling off a bicycle, you get right back on and ride forward!

I'm so proud of all of you and thankful for every word of encouragement you give to one another.

Have an awesome Tuesday!

Oh PS... my coconut curry chicken turned out amazing if anyone wants the recipe!
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    kp3868 wrote: »
    So I went to the Dr today. 2/18 was at 169.7 and today was at 157.2.. Not bad for a little over a month. I've really focused this month on my protein intake!! My scale and the Dr's vary slightly. He was extremely pleased with my focus and commitment this month since I had a 10lb gain over the last 3 months. As I near the 100lb mark the last 25lbs are the hardest and where I usually hit the wall and give up. so the next 60 days will be the hardest of all... focus focus focus...

I suppose the heavy meal I cooked yesterday was sitting high but I so enjoined eating real food and still staying within my goal! Roast beef, braised cabbage, baked carrots, baby green lima beans and macaroni n'cheese..
    1-2 lb weight loss per week is typical, so you are doing great! A plateau is usually beaten by adjusting intake or exercise since the body adapted.
    shirayne wrote: »
    So many new people to welcome and so many victories to celebrate! It's so exciting to read about the motivation running rampant and the successes you are all having!

For those of you struggling, share your struggles because most of us have most likely had the same struggles or are currently working through them. This support system is so awesome!

I crave being able to share my weight loss with you all and it helps keep me focused. Sure I step off the path every once in a while but I'm human and just like falling off a bicycle, you get right back on and ride forward!

I'm so proud of all of you and thankful for every word of encouragement you give to one another.

Have an awesome Tuesday!

Oh PS... my coconut curry chicken turned out amazing if anyone wants the recipe!

I just made curry the other night but always enjoy different recipes. Please email me a copy shirayne.
  • Kasey_Ford
    Kasey_Ford Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I love food, and I've been a cook for half a decade, my husband is a cook, and my future son-in-law is a chef...I'm surrounded by nummy nibbles always, and it makes this trek more difficult. One success I've had is holding myself accountable. I enter everything, even the Hardee's meal I shouldn't have had. I also make my lunch for work for the entire week on Sunday. I already have the entire week scripted for me, and I don't take money to work with me. It helps me fight temptation from the Krispy Kreme down the street. My nutritionist has me on 5 meals: 3 light snacks, and 2 full meals. Green veggies, squash, salad (sans dressing) all free calories. I have to eat a carb with every meal, and with that carb, I have to eat a protein. So, Breakfast = banana and Canadian bacon. :) Feel free to add me! I would love to have a buddy on the same journey! I'm hoping for 100lbs total myself.
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked been here to check in for awhile but great job to all of you ladies! It's great motivation to keep me going!

I see some of you have Fitbits.. I have been going back and forth for a month or so about getting one. Do those of you that have them think they help to keep you moving & on track?
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    I haven't checked been here to check in for awhile but great job to all of you ladies! It's great motivation to keep me going!

I see some of you have Fitbits.. I have been going back and forth for a month or so about getting one. Do those of you that have them think they help to keep you moving & on track?

Speaking from a personal trainer standpoint, they are great. Anything that helps you track your movement or exercise will benefit you. My wife links hers to her MFP.
    If cost is an issue, start with a pedometer or phone app that has one. Set yourself a daily goal and stick to it.
    Welcome back!
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    Kasey_Ford wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I love food, and I've been a cook for half a decade, my husband is a cook, and my future son-in-law is a chef...I'm surrounded by nummy nibbles always, and it makes this trek more difficult. One success I've had is holding myself accountable. I enter everything, even the Hardee's meal I shouldn't have had. I also make my lunch for work for the entire week on Sunday. I already have the entire week scripted for me, and I don't take money to work with me. It helps me fight temptation from the Krispy Kreme down the street. My nutritionist has me on 5 meals: 3 light snacks, and 2 full meals. Green veggies, squash, salad (sans dressing) all free calories. I have to eat a carb with every meal, and with that carb, I have to eat a protein. So, Breakfast = banana and Canadian bacon. :) Feel free to add me! I would love to have a buddy on the same journey! I'm hoping for 100lbs total myself.

Congratulations! Holding yourself accountable, tracking intake and pre-making lunch is awesome. Getting a nutritionist is a huge plus too. Keep resisting the nummies!
  • didjaever
    didjaever Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I use Pedometer++ on my iPhone. It was free and you don't need to keep it open to track steps. It has been a great motivator in keeping me moving.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Does anyone else here have an erratic schedule? I'm really struggling with that right now. I'm an English teacher at a language school and my schedule is all over the place. For example, today I worked 8:30-12 at one school then had to go to a company an hour away to teach a lesson from 3-6. Tomorrow I have physical therapy for my back from 9:20-10, teach 10:30-12, then teach 5:40-8:50. That's what my week is like. It's exhausting and it's really hard to keep any semblance of normalcy in my life :( Any advice?
  • danielle7577
    Options
    Crazy schedules are hard! Food prep probably would help you. So you can grab and go in the morning with plenty of good foods to eat. To resist temptation on the quick and easy fast food. I would also say if you are exercising and basically start your days at the same time try to get up early enough to get some exercise in.
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @Bregalad5 I have no advise only sympathy! I'm an adjunct professor This semester isn't bad but I have had some doozys! One semester I worked Monday/ Wednesday until 10:00pm and on Tuesday/Thursday at 7:30 am at a campus over 1 hour away...That meant to bed at 11pm and up again at 5it was awful! But having healthy foods that are portable will definitely help and maybe keep a cooler in the car with ice packs and water
  • dbowen7984
    dbowen7984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm looking to lose 135 lbs. So scary! Some days I don't even know where to start.. I have tried and failed so many times. A friend of mine recommended this app. It's been an eye opener for sure! This thread seems to be very encouraging! It's good to know I'm not the only one out there trying to do this the healthy way! I welcome any support or advice!
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @bregalad5 The Prof and Danielle suggest a good thing--- plan your food ahead of time! The extra effort will pay off. The better you eat, the more energy you will have, and cravings will dissipate.

I haven't checked in on this board for a while and it's hopping!! So cool! Any new folks who are active and looking for support, feel free to add me. I'll cheer you on ! :)

Here's a fun NSV for me: I went down a belt notch! :) Yippee!!

A reminder to myself: Eat your greens! They fill you up and boost your energy.

We CAN do this. One baby step at a time is all it takes.