Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• mrsgrimmm
    mrsgrimmm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi! I am looking to lose quite a bit. please feel free to add me. I'm 255lbs & 5,7. Since Christmas i've dropped about 37 lbs. 22 of them since joining mfp. Would love to lose 100 lbs. I'm in it to lose it! Logged in for 71 days so far.
  • tammyvalin
    Options
    I am new here and navigating my way through. Started by keeping diary of what I'm really eating so I can really see where I go wrong. Need to lose 150 but I'll be happy with anything that is less than the 320 I'm at. Don't know ho to add friends yet but add me if u can

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    linzee32 wrote: »
    jonesm97 wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting of those fitbits, or some other type. I just wasn't sure how effective they were. Does anyone know if they work in wooded areas where cell phones are lycky to get service? They are connected right?

I love my vivofit, you don't need cell service to use it

And FitBit connects to your computer via USB so no need to have cell service.
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @bloodewine I am doing the thigh challenge. But not logging it in. You may be able to figure something out under strength training.
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So I just did the first of the 30 day shred. I could only do 10 min. before I had to stop. I felt like I was about to pass out. I had just came back from a 15 min. walk so I was already worn out. I prob. should of pushed myself but when I started getting light headed I knew to stop because if something did happen I'm the only one here with my kids. Tomorrow I'll push myself and do 20 min. I am just going to have to work up to it. I can't tell you when the last time I actually did real exercise was. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm proud of what I've accomplished today. Oh and I wore my Fitbit all day.

I have never tried it, but it sounds intense. Make sure you stay hydrated! Good luck!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @want2behappy31 We did day one and two and half way through I was winded and so sore the next day! I'll be restarting from Day 1 again tomorrow as we've been busy the last couple of days. If you were lightheaded, definitely stop! Maybe you can lower the intensity and slowly follow along...

• bregalad5
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Went to an all-you-can-eat brunch today. Only had one plate plus a small dessert pudding. I sooo wanted to go back for more bacon but didn't :P WIN!
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job @bregalad5 !! NSV!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. I just started the day doing level 1 day 2 of the 30 day shred. It kicked my butt but I am determined. Also, I wanted to make room for cake later today! :p
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Gratz bregalad! Awesome win for you! Gratz to you also Hippychick for doing the shred! I got up this morning an hour before my alarm, laced up my runners and took the dog for a walk in the beautiful sunshine! Ok, so it wa chilly and snowed a bit... but hey! the sun was out and I was walking! :)
  • heathrlynn50
    heathrlynn50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. I just started the day doing level 1 day 2 of the 30 day shred. It kicked my butt but I am determined. Also, I wanted to make room for cake later today! :p

You did 1 and 2?!? That is awesome! Just doing the 1st one kicks my butt. Love JM workouts!
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

You did 1 and 2?!? That is awesome! Just doing the 1st one kicks my butt. Love JM workouts!

No kidding, no way could I do 1 and 2 both the same day. But awesome for you!!! I'm starting day 1 again today.

• want2behappy31
    Options
    So yesterday I wore a dress for the 1st time in I don't know how long. Although I still felt like a cow in it I wore it to church and kept reminding myself that staying on the right track with help with that. I didn't over eat yesterday or indulge in a ton of candy like normal. Although I did have a few pieces.

Oh & went to the movies Sat. and didn't get any popcorn. That's huge for me :-)

Today's Goals
    Get 24 oz of water
    Go for a walk
    Reach 9000 steps
  • racheln2017
    racheln2017 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So I'm new tooth's as I just found the thread today, so Hi! I'm in the same boat (wanting/needing to lose 100lbs but in a healthy way) I'd love to join in on this and hopefully find some friends to motivate me along the way! But regardless, I'll be happy to be a motivator to anyone who needs it :smiley:
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well, the scale hasn't moved in either direction so I guess that is good in some way. I'm trying to find my way back to the good habits I started to develop in January. Now that the weather is finally getting better I'm finding myself taking longer walks at lunch which is a good thing. Thanks for the support, I really need it.

So yesterday I wore a dress for the 1st time in I don't know how long. Although I still felt like a cow in it I wore it to church and kept reminding myself that staying on the right track with help with that. I didn't over eat yesterday or indulge in a ton of candy like normal. Although I did have a few pieces.

Today's Goals
    Get 24 oz of water
    Go for a walk
    Reach 9000 steps

hey there Want2behappy, I'm just up the road from you in Mechanicsville, what a small world. Good luck on your journey. BTW, I find taking the long way around to the ladies room at work helps with getting to your Fitbit goal.

• bregalad5
    Options

I read it as Level 1, Day 2. since you're supposed to do each level for 10 days, a lot of people say, "I'm on Level 1 Day 5" or "I'm on Level 3 Day 3"
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Today I had made a goal to go for a walk but my foot is hurting pretty bad when I walk. It's ok when I'm sitting or laying but the pressure from walking hurts it. I'll ask my doctor about that when I see her on Thursday because this is really strange. I suppose I'll have to go with a goal of 2.5 liters of water. 'Course that'll hurt a bit because I'll have to keep walking to the bathroom :p
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Nooooo.. I did my second day of Level 1. No way I could do both but I am flattered you all thought that! ;)
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Today's Goals
    Get 24 oz of water
    Go for a walk
    Reach 9000 steps

Great job- the Easter candy got me over calories lol - but I'm still under calories for last week.

Wonderful about the popcorn- my husband is struggling with that- he loves it so so much. But the calories in movie theater popcorn? Yikes!
  • rachel_mouse
    Options
    Hi guys! I am "new" to MFP. (I say new because I joined years ago but never used it). I have 130 lbs to lose, and I hope to do it over the next 2 or so years, so, healthy and steady! I'm on a low-carb diet and starting to see a dietician through my insurance in the coming weeks for more specific tips. Please add me! I could use all the dietary support I can get! :)
  • want2behappy31
    Options
    racatjd wrote: »
    Hi guys! I am "new" to MFP. (I say new because I joined years ago but never used it). I have 130 lbs to lose, and I hope to do it over the next 2 or so years, so, healthy and steady! I'm on a low-carb diet and starting to see a dietician through my insurance in the coming weeks for more specific tips. Please add me! I could use all the dietary support I can get! :)

Welcome