Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Only got in 16oz of water yesterday and not the full 24 that I wanted. However I'm happy that I drank any at all. Today I'm going to try again to get 24oz or more.
    Todays Goals
    1-Go for a walk
    2-Buy Fitbit
    3- Only 1 coke

I need advice on a new scale. Since I'm getting the Fitbit I don't have a lot to spend on one but still want a good one. Any recommendations? The one that I have shows that DH and I weigh the exact same thing every time either of us weighs. We have always been pretty close in weight but there is now way for the past month we have weighed the exact same thing right down to the xxx.x each time!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! What are your mini-goals (If you have them)?!
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I want to start some sort of 30 day challenge tomorrow. And complete it. Just so I know I can do it. Doesn't really matter how much I loose doing it. I just want to work up my activity level a bit.

Oh and not binge eat the Easter candy that my mom got me. Thankfully the hubby to be is doing that all on his own :p
  • sabrinaw1027
    sabrinaw1027 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I too am on a life changing journey, however I think different than most of yall on here. The reason I say that is because my goal isn't to eat healthy or clean eating just because I know it's not something I can do and be successful at it in my daily life. However, I have found that cutting back on my portions and for the most part picking fruit for snacks instead of candy bars have helped along with the added workouts. I love Zumba and I tell you what 3 years ago I started this journey and in 4 months I lost 57lbs and went from a size 24 to a 18. So, I know I can do it and I believe I'm ready since I've lost 27 lbs so far this year. My goal is to weigh between 165-175lbs and right now I'm at 254lbs. I've lost a lot of inches already this year because I've only lost 27lbs but I'm between a size 18 & 20. I've started just this week tracking what I'm eating and making myself not drink sodas but more water. My water intake goal us 4 to 6 bottles of water a day & each bottle has 16.9 oz in them. As you can see I have at least 90 lbs to lose and I really want to stay on track and bring this skinnier healthier me out!!
    Please add me I would really appreciate the help, friendship, & motivation.
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I need advice on a new scale. Since I'm getting the Fitbit I don't have a lot to spend on one but still want a good one.

I have a weight watchers body analysis scale. I love it! (well as much as I could love a scale) It not only tells you your weight but also gives BMI, % water, and other stats. Good for tracking changes. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/weight-watchers-reg-glass-body-analysis-scale/1016900427

It is low priced too. It helps me not focus on the weight only.

• prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My mini goal for today is to get in 8, 8oz glasses of water. I want to walk a 5K.
  • MelyssaMallonee3
    MelyssaMallonee3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I needed a mini-goal today. My spring allergies are driving me crazy with itchy throat and eyes and all I want to do is binge on food. I know it won't make it better. My goal today is to just eat 3 solid healthy meals and healthy snacks if I need them. Thanks for the challenge! What's your mini-goal archanajoyce?
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am 33, 5'10". In the beginning of 2013 I started my "diet." I was at 260 and after a year I was at 173. I have since gained back a little, currently between 195-205 depending on the day/week. But I've signed up for a half marathon June 20. So I'm refocusing my diet and actually training for this run. Week two, so far so good! Feel free to add me.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new peeps in here! I have been procrastinating about setting goals fro drinking more water. UGH! LOL Today I will drink 4 cups, tomorrow 5, the next 6 and so on until I reach 8!!!
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Out of the loop due to family stuff. Start my new monthly challenge tomorrow. It's a thigh challenge. If you want to join in let me know! Sticking to my 125oz of water a day even though these past two days I haven't been able to exercise.
  • bloodewine
    bloodewine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My watch finally broke (been limping along with it, taping the band, etc) so I finally decided to break down and buy a FitBit Charge HR. And now they're out of stock until JUNE!! So bummed. Trying to decide if I should buy the regular Charge, or hold out for the one I really want. :(
  • archanajoyce
    Options
    prof_newme wrote: »
    My mini goal for today is to get in 8, 8oz glasses of water. I want to walk a 5K.

Excellent goals. Love the fact that you have both fitness and nutrition goals.
  • archanajoyce
    Options

I needed a mini-goal today. My spring allergies are driving me crazy with itchy throat and eyes and all I want to do is binge on food. I know it won't make it better. My goal today is to just eat 3 solid healthy meals and healthy snacks if I need them. Thanks for the challenge! What's your mini-goal archanajoyce?

Hi Melyssa! 3 solid meals is a sound goal :) My mini-goal at this point is weight related. Lose 1.5 kg. I've been on an awful plateau. So breaking that would be welcome relief!
    Hope you are feeling better.
  • archanajoyce
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new peeps in here! I have been procrastinating about setting goals fro drinking more water. UGH! LOL Today I will drink 4 cups, tomorrow 5, the next 6 and so on until I reach 8!!!
    Fabulous mini-goal shirayne. When faced with similar struggles related to water, I flavored them with Mint leaves, Mint-cucumber, Mint –Ginger… It helped. Now it has become a habit to have 8 cups. I am confident that you can do this!
  • archanajoyce
    Options
    Out of the loop due to family stuff. Start my new monthly challenge tomorrow. It's a thigh challenge. If you want to join in let me know! Sticking to my 125oz of water a day even though these past two days I haven't been able to exercise.
    Super! Hope you measured and clicked some pictures. I didn't know there was a thigh challenge. Sounds interesting!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options

I printed the calendar! It's a start! lol Now I need to see if it's realistic for me to think I can fit that into my every day. :) (Ya I'm lazy I admit it... lol)

• danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @shirayne. It isn't hard to fit in. Even if you break it up. It will become a habit. A good habit.
    Here is the link. Just look for thigh one guys. Today isn't over!
    http://magicisintheart.tumblr.com/post/71498083047/oh-dear-gods-im-gunna-be-hurting-but-damn-will
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @bloodewine you can get them at other places like target and best buy.

@ninthnarnian sorry I haven't been here for a few days and just saw your post. You could try Ted hose. That is what we do sometimes for patients with low blood pressures. Also they are very sexy. Lol. I don't know if your dr has said anything or maybe you or him don't want it but there are meds that will increase your bp.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of 30 day thigh challenge is done! Thanks for sharing @danielle7577 !!
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @shirayne and @want2behappy: Remember that stupid large picture I mistakenly posted of my Nalgene bottle a while back? :) I have two of them and they really, really help me to get water everyday. Each holds a quart (plus one cup). Yup, I lug them to work. But, I feel great consuming that water. It's nice to see the levels go down. I'm a proponent of Nalgene because 1) It's what I happen to have! :) 2) Each holds a quart plus. Good luck! :)