Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    YAY!!! Pool is now open! Now I can start charting swimming exercises!!! Woop Woop!!! Hey, I have a question! I have been working on the pool since 11 this morning. Just got done so, could I count that as any type of calorie burn???

Mmm...vigorous cleaning?
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    YAY!!! Pool is now open! Now I can start charting swimming exercises!!! Woop Woop!!! Hey, I have a question! I have been working on the pool since 11 this morning. Just got done so, could I count that as any type of calorie burn???

Mmm...vigorous cleaning?

Thanks @modacielo73 , I think I put it under gardening! I only posted 90 minutes even tho I was busy for over 3 hours! Today I have to clean and vacuum it! That will be another 2-3 hours! Getting my burn on in 2 ways! LOL! Suntanning and burning calories!
  • LisaJeanOzzy
    LisaJeanOzzy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love this discussion. Everyone seems so motivated and positive! I'm just starting my journey and need to lose around 85-95 pounds. My focus is on healthy eating and exercise.
  • ptkat28
    Options
    I love this discussion. Everyone seems so motivated and positive! I'm just starting my journey and need to lose around 85-95 pounds. My focus is on healthy eating and exercise.

welcome to the group @LisaJeanOzzy :wink:
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie and have 140 lbs left to lose. I'm glad everyone is into doing this the "healthy way."
  • CrystalA1984
    CrystalA1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome @amy_kee and @LisaJeanOzzy! This is a great group. I'm sure you'll both enjoy it very much :)
  • jambodesign
    jambodesign Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 4 Day 1 of C25K!! I am focusing on time and not speed. I am jogging slowly but at least I am doing it!
  • trupii
    trupii Posts: 37 Member
    Options

welcome!! this group is fun and supportive, come back often!!
  • trupii
    Options
    i got a decent workout in today, which i am happy about! i totally skipped yesterday. part of this weight-loss journey is really discovering what works for me. And when it comes to exercise i just HAVE TO DO IT IN THE MORNING!! at the end of the day, the last thing i want to do is exercise!
    is anyone else this way?? sometimes when i lift weights i like to do that after work (just cause i'm more limber and can lift heavier weights) but if i do cardio, it's gotta be in the morning.
    what do you all do??
  • trupii
    Options
    I just finished Week 4 Day 1 of C25K!! I am focusing on time and not speed. I am jogging slowly but at least I am doing it!

you're an inspiration. i cannot stand running or jogging! go you!!
  • ptkat28
    Options
    trupii wrote: »
    i got a decent workout in today, which i am happy about! i totally skipped yesterday. part of this weight-loss journey is really discovering what works for me. And when it comes to exercise i just HAVE TO DO IT IN THE MORNING!! at the end of the day, the last thing i want to do is exercise!
    is anyone else this way?? sometimes when i lift weights i like to do that after work (just cause i'm more limber and can lift heavier weights) but if i do cardio, it's gotta be in the morning.
    what do you all do??

@trupii , I jog in the pool! There are a lot of times that I put off exercising, then I so regret it! But since the pool is open now, I have all day to jog!
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Had a bit of a discouraging upswing in weight, with first, company in town (ate out alot) then my T.O.M. So glad the scale is moving downward again! My husband and I have been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week so I look forward to good progress.
  • elliotread
    elliotread Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I've never joined any type of online support community before but I'm interested in this one. I'm a work in progress (down 18 lbs) focusing on high protein and lower carb mixed with cardio and HIIT and circuit training with body weight. I noticed there aren't many guys in this community so feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    OMG, I feel like I've been gone for a MONTH! Sorry for that. After we finished our last audit of the year (YAY!!) I ended up pinching my sciatic nerve on Sunday so I've been down for the count all week. Pain killers and muscle relaxers have kept me happily drooling on the couch all week. I finally started feeling better today so I hit the gym for some relaxed recumbent bike work. I gained 2.5lbs according to my doctor's scale, but I'm alright with it considering that I haven't monitored my food for like 3 weeks now. Any way, I'm back on the eat-right-plan starting tomorrow and hope to have a nice big success to cheer over in the next 30 days. Welcome to all the new folks, and best wishes to all the regulars!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    good to see how active this thread got

props all
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. Things have been happening in my life that has really stressed me out. I haven't been as diligent as I should have been on my eating. My mom passed away on the 20th and my family and I have been trying to raise the money to bury her. We didn't have the money for a life insurance policy so it's been extremely difficult. Hoping to get back on my eating plan. I hope everyone is doing well

• ptkat28
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. Things have been happening in my life that has really stressed me out. I haven't been as diligent as I should have been on my eating. My mom passed away on the 20th and my family and I have been trying to raise the money to bury her. We didn't have the money for a life insurance policy so it's been extremely difficult. Hoping to get back on my eating plan. I hope everyone is doing well

@jasonschick01 , so sorry for your loss! Sending hugs and prayers your way <3
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options

OMG... I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I'll have your family in my prayers. Take care of you, things will work themselves out. Have faith...
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I would like to introduce myself. I am 51 and need to lose 100 lbs. I am in a local group that is part of our Public Health promotion o prevent type 2 diabetes. We focus o Low Fat foods and exercise. I have lost 25 lbs since April and still need to lost 100 lbs. Gayle
  • CrystalA1984
    CrystalA1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @gawworthington. You've certainly picked a great group. I'm on day 48 of my MFP journey and the amazing members of this group make every day a pleasure. They're all an inspiration to keep going and succeed! Welcome to the group!