Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So this morning i woke up and put on my capri's from last summer...they're way too big!! I think someone is going shopping this weekend....YAY! :blush:
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    So this morning i woke up and put on my capri's from last summer...they're way too big!! I think someone is going shopping this weekend....YAY! :blush:

Yay! Awesome feeling :)
  • modacielo73
    Options
    [/quote]

@ninthnarnian - It sure is....i cant wait to squeeze back into my size 10-12 pants...i gave all my old clothes away but kept one box of "One day I'll get back into these clothes"...just in case....Well, today I'm one step closer...i cant wait...i soooooooooo miss my low rise jeans and stilettos!
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

@ninthnarnian - It sure is....i cant wait to squeeze back into my size 10-12 pants...i gave all my old clothes away but kept one box of "One day I'll get back into these clothes"...just in case....Well, today I'm one step closer...i cant wait...i soooooooooo miss my low rise jeans and stilettos![/quote]

WTG @modacielo73 !!! Super proud of you! I am back into some shorts that I wore 2 years ago. And I have a ton of clothes from about 8 years ago when I wore a size 2-4! I swore to myself that I would get back into them, and I am going to!!!
  • modacielo73
    Options
    WTG @modacielo73 !!! Super proud of you! I am back into some shorts that I wore 2 years ago. And I have a ton of clothes from about 8 years ago when I wore a size 2-4! I swore to myself that I would get back into them, and I am going to!!![/quote]

A "size 2-4"???....that would be the AWESOME!!! The last time i was able to squeeze into a size 2-4 i was 5 yrs old...lol
  • ptkat28
    Options
    WTG @modacielo73 !!! Super proud of you! I am back into some shorts that I wore 2 years ago. And I have a ton of clothes from about 8 years ago when I wore a size 2-4! I swore to myself that I would get back into them, and I am going to!!!

A "size 2-4"???....that would be the AWESOME!!! The last time i was able to squeeze into a size 2-4 i was 5 yrs old...lol
    [/quote]

Yes I did feel quiet awesome! I am only 5 ft tall, and I think I have a small frame. But right now my 2 daughters, ages 16 and 13 don't want me to get that small!! My 16 y/o weighs about 150-155 and my 13 y/o weighs about 175. They don't want me to get smaller than them :(
  • modacielo73
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »

Yes I did feel quiet awesome! I am only 5 ft tall, and I think I have a small frame. But right now my 2 daughters, ages 16 and 13 don't want me to get that small!! My 16 y/o weighs about 150-155 and my 13 y/o weighs about 175. They don't want me to get smaller than them :([/quote]

Sometimes it's not about the number it's about what looks good on you ;-)
  • tetorteson
    tetorteson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!! What a week for me. Had something come up at work which meant long hours and eating junk food. It was unexpected so I didn't have any back up food on hand. And stressful so I gave into stress eating. Not to mention we celebrated family birthdays this week. BUT today is a new day..I got up went for a long walk, got rid of the junk food, and donated all my clothes that are to big to a woman in need. Its a win, win. I hope everyone has a great weekend where ever you may be.
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and in need to lose a little over 100 lbs. I been having trouble with staying full. Any pointers??
    At first split meals into 2 parts, eat every couple hours (fruit, vegs), lots of water, more protein. It will get better. Just be determined. This is my fight song
    Take back my life song
    Prove I'm alright song
    My power's turned on
    Starting right now I'll be strong
    I'll play my fight song
    And I don't really care if nobody else believes
    Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

• trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ok...kind of down post..so turn away if you want/need. I'm on target with my 9 pounds lost at the healthy very SLOW rate of 1/week....I know this is a lifestyle change and im choosing to do it for my health. It is rough atm. The journey is slow, health is far away and workouts are painful and a can i do anything else to get out of this chore. (I frankly envy those that enjoy their exercise). I read the forums and am encouraged by yawl. So I thought I would post my feelings and see how others joyfully keep going, cause i will keep going I hope ..but im not liking the journey these days.
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @trailgirl777 It's a slow process and a very personal one too. Down days are inevitable, but drowning in them is optional. You have done well. Almost at a double digit weightloss. That is awesome! You are here, you are speaking up, you are alive, you can put one foot in front of another - You my friend are on your way to success! I remember the day I walked 100 meters and fainted with asthma- ashamed, embarrassed beyond belief and dejected- the lovely people on MFP lifted up my spirits. Today, I'm on Week 6 of C25K, 90+ lbs gone. All because, one day someone told me not to stop. So please... don't stop. The best is yet to come.

csrssue2c5qe.jpg
  • ptkat28
    Options
    I have incorporated T25 into my exercise! Add that with approx 2 hours of dancing and over 1000 calorie burn!! I am determined to get this weight off!!! Hope that everyone is having a great weekend! Oh on another note, going to the beach in a week, and made sure that the hotel had an exercise room! Maybe I am obsessed?? LOL
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've been BAD this week! In am avoiding the scale until later when I have a week of decent eating under my belt! hope everyone has had a good week! :smile:
  • modacielo73
    Options
    I have incorporated T25 into my exercise! Add that with approx 2 hours of dancing and over 1000 calorie burn!! I am determined to get this weight off!!! Hope that everyone is having a great weekend! Oh on another note, going to the beach in a week, and made sure that the hotel had an exercise room! Maybe I am obsessed?? LOL

Whats T25 and where can i get me some...lol :smile:
  • ptkat28
    Options

Whats T25 and where can i get me some...lol :smile:

@modacielo73 Focus T25 is an exercise video by Shaun T. I will see if I can find a link for it!! It's only 25 minutes!
    type in shauntfitness.com then go to shop! It is my husbands, but I am the only one using it right now!
  • modacielo73
    Options
    @modacielo73 Focus T25 is an exercise video by Shaun T. I will see if I can find a link for it!! It's only 25 minutes!
    type in shauntfitness.com then go to shop! It is my husbands, but I am the only one using it right now![/quote]

@ptkat Thats CraZyyYyy!!!...(good crazy)...but i'm not sure if i can do it with my back issues although, id love to try...Just watching the video got me pumped up lol...thanks for the link!
  • ptkat28
    Options
    type in shauntfitness.com then go to shop! It is my husbands, but I am the only one using it right now!

@ptkat Thats CraZyyYyy!!!...(good crazy)...but i'm not sure if i can do it with my back issues although, id love to try...Just watching the video got me pumped up lol...thanks for the link! [/quote]

@modacielo73 ... there is a "moderator" there, so if you cannot go all out, then you just follow her! There are 8 differents disks that I have. I am working on the cardio right now. Tried to do the lower abs and failed miserably!!! I figured if I can do the cardio everyday for a while, that would be great! At least til I can build up some strength! :)
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning Everyone!!!

Having a rough couple of weeks at work so I apologize that I haven't been around. I'm still being semi-good and watching what I eat but I'm not getting enough sleep and I'm falling into bed at night without logging so I'm really not sure how this is going. Things should start to settle down by the end of June so I'll be back more regularly but in the mean time you guys are doing great! I've caught up on my reading and the successes are awesome! So proud of all of you! Keep it up and I'll be back soon! For those of you who are doing the challenges with me I apologize that I didn't post this week. Take a breather for now and I'll start posting them again soon! :)

Be good to yourselves!
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Lost my motivation & groove and trying to get it back.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The last week or so I have lost my mojo......but I did keep logging for the most part and have been doing ok. Not great but ok.

Today I am getting back into it. Heading to the gym after work and really going to push it. Hope everyone else is well! I caught up on reading and you are all amazing!