Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• trupii
    trupii Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hi!! i'm a major lurker (usually) on this site, and love the support and motivation i get just from reading everyone's comments. but i need to take a more active role cause i am just NOT losing weight, and i think i have no accountability! so can i join this group of people? i need some daily support and someone to answer to. :)
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sure!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome Trupii!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    Now, my corn chowder is done and I'm a bit disappointed... it came out really bland. So... what to do? I didn't roast the corn first which I was supposed do and I think that's one of the issues. So how to fix it? Hmmm... I may add more corn but roast it first and see if that adds enough flavour. Any ideas on what to use in corn chowder to give it added flavour?

SALT.
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody? I hope that everybody is till doing great & on track.

Im here tooooo!!!...lol :smile:
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I've started the journey today to lose 120 pounds.... again. I've tried idk how many times in the past to lose this weight and I find I've gained more than I've lost when I started out. Really am lacking motivation to do this. I know it needs to come from within, but I need more than that. Anyone have any advice?
  • CrystalA1984
    CrystalA1984 Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @michaela_g09 Add friends! Accountability is a huge step in my opinion. I've met a lot of amazing women (mostly from this group) and it's really motivated me to lose 28lbs in the last 5 weeks. I was struggling so much before then. Just remember to log your food intake every day and keep an eye on what kind of calories you're consuming. You CAN do it!! Seeing those lbs come off (even slowly) is such a great feeling. I hope you accept my friend request :) good luck!
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've started the journey today to lose 120 pounds.... again. I've tried idk how many times in the past to lose this weight and I find I've gained more than I've lost when I started out. Really am lacking motivation to do this. I know it needs to come from within, but I need more than that. Anyone have any advice?

@michaela_g09 ... Feel free to look at my diary if you wish! I am on a low carb/high protein way of life. I stay full all the time, and I do exercise everyday! I walk a lot and I dance a lot more!! There are some WONDERFUL people on this group! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! Good luck! Oh yeah, I had 100+ to lose when I started and I am down 40 lbs and over 40 inches! I have lost that in the past 3-4 months!
  • trupii
    Options
    thanks for the welcome!
    today was okay for me, but not really great. you know how mondays go at work! but i got a fridge full of lovely fruits and veg, and i'm excited to start (again) on the weight loss journey.
  • trupii
    Options
    Where is everybody? I hope that everybody is till doing great & on track.

i am in oooooooooooooklahoma! (where the wind comes sweeping down the plaaaaaainns!)
  • ptkat28
    Options
    trupii wrote: »
    thanks for the welcome!
    today was okay for me, but not really great. you know how mondays go at work! but i got a fridge full of lovely fruits and veg, and i'm excited to start (again) on the weight loss journey.

@trupii , fruits and veggies are your best friends! :wink:
  • trupii
    Options
    Good morning! Hope you've all had a good start today. I did my morning workout, had a healthy breakfast with delish homemade Pico de gallo, and excited to celebrate taco tuesday for lunch! Haha :) how are the rest of you doing??
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »

@michaela_g09 ... Feel free to look at my diary if you wish! I am on a low carb/high protein way of life. I stay full all the time, and I do exercise everyday! I walk a lot and I dance a lot more!! There are some WONDERFUL people on this group! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! Good luck! Oh yeah, I had 100+ to lose when I started and I am down 40 lbs and over 40 inches! I have lost that in the past 3-4 months!

yes I will definitely check it out :) congrats on the weight loss. that's awesome! hopefully i'll be sharing my success story on here someday :)
  • modacielo73
    Options
    Hi Everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :blush:
  • ptkat28
    Options
    Good morning! Hope you've all had a good start today. I did my morning workout, had a healthy breakfast with delish homemade Pico de gallo, and excited to celebrate taco tuesday for lunch! Haha :) how are the rest of you doing??

Hi all! Doing great here! Not really in the mood to exercise today, but will get to dancing soon maybe. Got to mow the yard, and Hopefully get our pool opened! :open_mouth:
  • ptkat28
    Options

yes I will definitely check it out :) congrats on the weight loss. that's awesome! hopefully i'll be sharing my success story on here someday :)

Thanks @michaela_g09 , I do know now that losing weight is possible! But it is something that I will struggle with my whole life! But at least I know what to eat now, and what I should not eat! lol
  • modacielo73
    Options

Hi all! Doing great here! Not really in the mood to exercise today, but will get to dancing soon maybe. Got to mow the yard, and Hopefully get our pool opened! :open_mouth:

Feeling a bit envious of you right now....i'm just here sitting at my work desk, being totally unproductive because i'm way too busy daydreaming about your pool lol :wink:
  • ptkat28
    Options

Feeling a bit envious of you right now....i'm just here sitting at my work desk, being totally unproductive because i'm way too busy daydreaming about your pool lol :wink:

@modacielo73 , we did NOT get it opened yesterday! but hoping we get it done today. It' an above ground pool. Not huge, but it is nice! :wink:
  • modacielo73
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "@modacielo73 , we did NOT get it opened yesterday! but hoping we get it done today. It' an above ground pool. Not huge, but it is nice! :wink:"

Pool vs Work...Hmmmmmm...That's an easy decision...LMAO!!!!! :wink:
  • ptkat28
    Options
    YAY!!! Pool is now open! Now I can start charting swimming exercises!!! Woop Woop!!! Hey, I have a question! I have been working on the pool since 11 this morning. Just got done so, could I count that as any type of calorie burn???