What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• ultimateyou
    ultimateyou Posts: 108 Member
    Speziface wrote: »
    That I'd end donating probably $1000 worth of clothing to charity shops. All of it in good shape, of course, but some of items I really liked and, despite my weight at the time, looked good in. I'm going to miss one aloha shirt in particular. :'(

Could you resize it? Do you know anyone that sows?
  • dizzimoo
    dizzimoo Posts: 1 Member
    Love this thread!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    That I'd end donating probably $1000 worth of clothing to charity shops. All of it in good shape, of course, but some of items I really liked and, despite my weight at the time, looked good in. I'm going to miss one aloha shirt in particular. :'(

Could you resize it? Do you know anyone that sows?

Maybe, but I'm talking about needing to take out at least half the fabric in some items. I'd had a custom kilt made before the weight loss. After the loss I had it retailored (not altered) and you wouldn't believe how much fabric they removed.

So I've got a spot on my dresser where I stack up clothes that don't fit and when it gets too high I make a run to the charity shop. And I keep an eye out for clothing sales and replace an item or two at a time instead of all at once.

As somebody that sews- if it is more than a size it really becomes a hassle. I have altered a few items that I really really love but honestly it has to be something special to do that. It is a lot of work for little gain and quite frankly a pain in the proverbial even if I'd get paid for it.
    I'd rather sew something new and donate the stuff to somebody in need (and I have)

This is me. I HATE doing alterations.
  • JenObRN
    JenObRN Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2017
    So...I'm at a healthy BMI--almost the exact middle of the healthy range and I'm a size 00-0. Wtf do I even wear? I can't wear juniors clothing because it has holes in it or the shirts are cropped tops and I work at a jail. And I'm not a petite, they fit weird. No one told me I would have to start buying bigger clothes and getting them altered. Thank God I'm transitioning to maintenance now. I just feel like the women of MFP should band together and form a clothing line that makes sense for women who are losing weight.

It's more of an annoyance, really.

Go to the juniors department at nicer department stores. Much more conservative styles, including nice blouses and actual trousers, not just denims. Also, for a nice pair of demins go online Levi's sizes thiers by waist size and the 501 line are 100% cotton and fit true to size (ie NOT skinny jeans) (Macy's, Nordstrom's etc).

This! I was going to say, "where the heck are you shopping". Any nice department stores are going to have nice jr-sized clothing. Heck! Even Kohls has good options. Before I was a nurse, I was a purchasing agent and had the cutest clothes. Cute skirts, cute blouses... I couldn't fit anything that wasn't in the Jr-department.
    Of course, I weighed maybe 110 lbs @ 5'4".
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    cbeutler wrote: »
    Nobody warned me about drunken weighloss face/ugly weighloss face. Just am in one of those awkward spots where my weigh loss shows in part of my face and fat Craig shows in the other. The result I look hammered stone cold sober;)

omg! this is what is happening to me - thought it was just a poor photo!
    I look really gaunt on parts of my cheeks when running. Looks horrible - hoping that it stops soon!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Really cool ^^!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!