What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Being honest does not equal fat shaming.

Hey, I do a lot of fat to lose. Most people are very touchy. Last time I stated how much I want to lose and what my personal goals were, I was accused of body shaming someone. Personally, my ultimate goal is to drop under 10% BF with a very muscular build. It's a long ways off, but I'm getting closer every day. But that's just me. Honesty can be rude, I personally don't take offense. Why would I, I'm an adult and words are just words, especially form someone that is a stranger to me.

10-13% body fat is essential fat for women. That's not an attainable goal. Even competition levels for women are somewhere around 16%, IIRC.

Essential for a woman is around 8%. Most female bodybuilders compete between 5-8% (temporary dehydration for stage). Also, as your muscle mass grows, you can have lower body fat and the same amount of fat. The average fitness model has around 10% bodyfat. So, yes 10% is a very much attainable goal, going to take a while, but I'll keep pushing as far as my body will take me.

I don't think you know what you think you know. Women do not compete at 5-8% and fitness models, who are a completely different beast to physique competitors, do not maintain at 10%.

Where on earth are you getting this information? I hope not from your trainer because if so, you need a new one.

ETA: I checked in with guru McDonald and female bodybuilders do compete at 6-8% but not physique and fitness models are higher than 10%.

10% is dangerously low for a woman to maintain. Goals are great, unhealthy ones are not.

Great article by aforementioned guru: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/body-composition-numbers.html/

Quoted for truth! Especially the bolded. It's always better to not speak if you don't know than confirm ignorance of a topic by expounding on it. Just sayin'....
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    Finding out I can get to love frozen dinners and some are not too bad just to make sure I am counting the right amount of calories to log.

That was me also. I used to be a frozen food snob, now they are lifesavers.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    The happy experience of finding there are loads of things in the 'sale' racks in most shops in my size. Because I'm just an ordinary size now, one of those sizes for which the shops order 10 of everything.

This is so great.

I am not an ordinary size, but I can shop with my mom and sister now in regular stores. I am not limited to the big lady stores. One day we were shopping and I was shopping on the plus size and regular size and my mom said that now she is the one that is stuck in the plus size section since I have gone to the other side.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!