What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• NanP135
    NanP135 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    NAP150 wrote: »
    that there will be one person who makes a big deal out of your weight loss every time you see them that it actually gets irritating as he does it loudly and I don't want all the attention.

When I first started losing weight, my mother would make a massive fuss EVERY time I saw her. It became extremely embarrassing (and rather tedious) even though a lot of the time it was just the two of us together.

She got over it though, eventually, and now rarely mentions it.

This one guy just goes too far so now I just avoid him. He told me 9 months ago he was trying to lose weight and hasn't had much success so maybe he overcompensating for his own lack of success

• nunezj22
    nunezj22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

You too? I thought I was the only one. I am freezing all. the. time. I just hope my body gets used to it.

Hahahah! Me too!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    That other people think it's their place to comment on your lifestyle.

Yes this amuses me as I have lost significant weight and also have been doing crossfit for almost a year and people ask me what I am doing I tell them CICO and exercise, specifically crossfit and they all have to tell me how crossfit isn't safe and how I will get hurt.....The only hurt I feel is from the muscle soreness from workouts. You need to know your own limitations and try not to extend too far.

Nan

Tbh, I get the crossfit part, the fact you don't feel the consequences now, is just temporary or lucky. That workout style doesn't pay attention to form, which could be damaging in a long term. But everyone is a grown *kitten* adult that can make their own choices. I would say they are trying to help you

Like they say everyone has an opinion and it all depends on how you do the work and how the box you go to and the coaches handle teaching the movements. I did research on local crossfit boxes and found a reputable one and will take my chances since I am 51 and feeling better than I have in 25 years. There is good and bad in every form of exercise and also each activity has inherent risks, I work as a Physical therapist and have seen more serious injuries from mountain biking,road cycling, skiing and unsupervised weight lifting in local gyms. It is not for everyone but I have found a place where I enjoy and get extraordinary support and I am tired of everyone telling me the risks especially when they have never tried it. I often offer to have them come and try an onramp class as an introduction but haven't gotten any takers.

You do whatever exercise you enjoy and if you like it and are doing well all others need not comment.....yeah for you!!!

I agree, I know plenty of people who do Crossfit with no injury and I have a friend who owns a Crossfit gym and he is very strict on form. The workout doesn't pay attention to form is very generalized .
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    That it's harder to lose in the winter :D

ETA: because I stay home and eat ALL the things when it's cold.

I stay home in the summer too, but I do find it harder to lose in the winter. I'm less motivated to move when I'm cuddled up in a warm blanket, not to mention that most major holidays as well as birthdays in my family take place in during winter.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    That it's harder to lose in the winter :D

ETA: because I stay home and eat ALL the things when it's cold.

I stay home in the summer too, but I do find it harder to lose in the winter. I'm less motivated to move when I'm cuddled up in a warm blanket, not to mention that most major holidays as well as birthdays in my family take place in during winter.

It got warm for exactly one day here and I went out running for the first time since September. It's back to rain and sleet until Saturday :(
  • kalahmarii
    kalahmarii Posts: 47 Member
    Options

EmPersson wrote: »
    Last night I was doing some house chores. We have a Dyson upright vacuum, and I'd just emptied the canister and left it in the kitchen while I went downstairs to switch out laundry. When I came back up, I had a bundle of sheets in one hand and rather than trying to bend over the bundle in my arms to pick up the canister, I basically did a walking lunge to pick it up and carry everything upstairs. No one told me I'd be integrating basic workout moves into my basic housework! :D

My employer's health and wellness program is called "Fit for Life". This is wbat they're talking about :)

My employer has the same program name, if you're in Canada we may just be working for the same people :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!