Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• elizabethwiegel9344elizabethwiegel9344 Member Posts: 9 Member Member Posts: 9 Member
    MeganD1704 wrote: »

Everyone is different but I will say this - I used to have the same deep, painful cystic pimples around my mouth and jawline. Always 1-3 popping up around my period and hanging around for what seemed like forever. My dermatologist prescribed Spironolactone and within about 3 months I’m completely clear! This drug specifically helps with hormonal acne, which it sounds like you’re experiencing. Oh, and I use retinol and a benzoyl peroxide wash. Hope that’s helpful for you because I know how much those guys suck!

Spiro worked for about a month back when I was younger. Still haven't found a solution, I can honestly say I've tried everything on the natural, regular, prescribed and laser market for acne. I was hoping the new test they have in Germany to pinpoint the exact type will eventually make it this way.

I haven’t heard of that test (I’m in America) but it sounds promising! I wish you luck in your search for results, I know how frustrating it can be <3
  • hmaddpearhmaddpear Member, Premium Posts: 587 Member Member, Premium Posts: 587 Member
    FoolishJoy wrote: »
    Double H here. I don't think losing weight is gonna ever allow me to buy inexpensive bras.😂

You And me both. I've ended up most of a cup size bigger after all this. From a 38H to a 34H to a 34J to possibly 32J once I've lost these last 10lb or so.
  • rheddmobilerheddmobile Member Posts: 5,402 Member Member Posts: 5,402 Member
    Did anyone's hands get more veiny? I feel like I've just noticed it, but my hands are super veiny, and if I lay my hand flat, they bulge! I've always had fairly prominent veins (the blood donation people love me) but I'm not used to them being so prominent in my hands!

Yep, definitely! Especially after an arms workout my hands are crazy looking. If I want to take a nice photo of my manicure I hold my hand over my head for a minute first, so they look more “girly.” But mostly I like my crazy veins, they are a sign of strength!

When I was obese they could never find a vein, to the point that I once had to have emergency medication given intramuscularly because they gave up. At my last blood draw, the phlebotomist didn’t even put the tube around my arm, she just swooped right into my vein which was already visible.
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Member Posts: 3,714 Member Member Posts: 3,714 Member
    Did anyone's hands get more veiny? I feel like I've just noticed it, but my hands are super veiny, and if I lay my hand flat, they bulge! I've always had fairly prominent veins (the blood donation people love me) but I'm not used to them being so prominent in my hands!

Yep, definitely! Especially after an arms workout my hands are crazy looking. If I want to take a nice photo of my manicure I hold my hand over my head for a minute first, so they look more “girly.” But mostly I like my crazy veins, they are a sign of strength!

When I was obese they could never find a vein, to the point that I once had to have emergency medication given intramuscularly because they gave up. At my last blood draw, the phlebotomist didn’t even put the tube around my arm, she just swooped right into my vein which was already visible.

Good to know the holding over the head part! I think that's why they might have been a bit more veiny, because it was just after a walk where my hands were down and I was also getting my blood flow up with minor exercise.