What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Did anyone's hands get more veiny? I feel like I've just noticed it, but my hands are super veiny, and if I lay my hand flat, they bulge! I've always had fairly prominent veins (the blood donation people love me) but I'm not used to them being so prominent in my hands!

Yep, definitely! Especially after an arms workout my hands are crazy looking. If I want to take a nice photo of my manicure I hold my hand over my head for a minute first, so they look more “girly.” But mostly I like my crazy veins, they are a sign of strength!

When I was obese they could never find a vein, to the point that I once had to have emergency medication given intramuscularly because they gave up. At my last blood draw, the phlebotomist didn’t even put the tube around my arm, she just swooped right into my vein which was already visible.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Did anyone's hands get more veiny? I feel like I've just noticed it, but my hands are super veiny, and if I lay my hand flat, they bulge! I've always had fairly prominent veins (the blood donation people love me) but I'm not used to them being so prominent in my hands!

Yep, definitely! Especially after an arms workout my hands are crazy looking. If I want to take a nice photo of my manicure I hold my hand over my head for a minute first, so they look more “girly.” But mostly I like my crazy veins, they are a sign of strength!

When I was obese they could never find a vein, to the point that I once had to have emergency medication given intramuscularly because they gave up. At my last blood draw, the phlebotomist didn’t even put the tube around my arm, she just swooped right into my vein which was already visible.

Good to know the holding over the head part! I think that's why they might have been a bit more veiny, because it was just after a walk where my hands were down and I was also getting my blood flow up with minor exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!