What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    How bloating and disgusting it feels to have a day where you eat the way the old you did. After Valentine's Day I couldn't wait to go back to not eating much!

And this! Yes!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    kjhicks327 wrote: »
    "How bloating and disgusting it feels to have a day where you eat the way the old you did"

This.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I kinda miss being able to bulldoze my way through crowds.

This is too funny! LOL
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    Getting onto the floor and up again is much easier, but you forget and think that it's a pain in the backside when something drops on the floor.

I'm not exactly springing around like a gymnast but when things roll under the table it's not a broadway production to get them back.

I read your other thread this morning and I just have to day I LOVE the way you word things! Congrats on your success!
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Getting onto the floor and up again is much easier, but you forget and think that it's a pain in the backside when something drops on the floor.

I'm not exactly springing around like a gymnast but when things roll under the table it's not a broadway production to get them back.

I read your other thread this morning and I just have to day I LOVE the way you word things! Congrats on your success!

*blushes* thank you very much.
  • ThatDoll
    ThatDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dimples become more prominent :/
  • fearnsey71
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »

I just have to add to this. I noticed this week how much nicer my front yard is looking. When I see a weed or grass growing in the wrong place I bend over and pull it. Without complaining or waiting for someone else to do it.

This. I used to think I didn't like gardening. It was moving and bending I didn't like.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

I agree! I love the way you word things as well. ;)
  • MAngel128
    MAngel128 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is great, I've enjoyed reading all the responses!

For me I was surprised that my shoe size went down. I used to like the house to stay at 68, now it is 75 and I'm still ALWAYS cold. I didn't realize just how much extra energy I would have - I'm always fidgeting and moving, all day long! My tolerance for sweets has gone down (a good thing!) and I will physically get sick if I overdo it. It's easier to walk the aisles of an airplane without bumping into everyone. My mind does not always see the same thing as my eyes... I can look in the mirror daily and even when the scale says I've lost my mind doesn't seem to believe it. Tossing out old clothes while losing is a good practice. I made the mistake of not doing this before - it was far too easy to gain back 5 pounds, then 10, then 15... Not this time! People do treat you quite differently, but the extra compliments feel great.
  • WyshIKnew
    WyshIKnew Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    MAngel128 wrote: »
    This is great, I've enjoyed reading all the responses!

I can look in the mirror daily and even when the scale says I've lost my mind

Wow, psycho-analyst scales, gotta get me some of them! :D>:)
  • fearnsey71
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

I agree! I love the way you word things as well. ;)

You're very kind - thank you.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    That sleeping was going to be a problem! We have an old mattress and it's lumpy as it is. Now I have hip bones and stuff starting to show it's hard to get comfortable enough for a good night sleep. I have to squirm about a bit until I can get that sweet spot where I don't feel anything digging in to me. Also I don't know what to do with my legs as they are leaner now and feel every lump! I tried the suggestion of using an extra pillow that I can rest my leg on and that helps to a certain extent.

I ended up buying one of these from Ikea so I could sleep

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00188484/

sdevhej4z0tk.jpg

If you have a Sam's club or something like near you, they have a comparable product for a bit less than 100$.
  • starrfranco
    starrfranco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Some of your friends and family members will not be supportive.

I'm noticing this!! It's like they are mad at me. I had to let a friend go because she was being so negative and making nasty remarks on fb. This is why I decided to check this community out.

But not everyone is. I love seeing and hearing success stories.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I got a road bicycle and dove in!

I found out the skin tight jersey and padded pants actually work well for long rides

It is cool to able to wear it and have no love handles or overhang!

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!