What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    I wish my husband would make more processed meals. Well, not totally. But they are so much easier to put in my diary. Otherwise I have to list every ingredient and guess how much of it I ended up eating out of the meal.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    How cold you can get in supermarkets, even in summer! Our local Stop and Shop store is always cold. Before I lost weight I used to like it, especially when it's hot out. But now I'm freezing when I walk around.
  • eweadock
    eweadock Posts: 31 Member
    This thread is amazing! I am just starting out (my first week) and I can not wait be able to post some things here.

I really like this thread, too. It's so positive. Some of the other threads in this community are critical of one another's posts, so I just keep coming here to soak in the positive reinforcement. I'm not done improving, but boy, the improvements I have made already are making a HUGE difference.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    That it would piss you off when someone tells you that don't need to lose anymore weight. My mental reaction: Really? Do you know my goals? I'm barely in the healthy weight range, so shut up! Thank you though. :D

That's me! I start arguing with the person and then have to remember to say thanks. Still having a hard time with the comments, good and questionable ones.
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    That it would piss you off when someone tells you that don't need to lose anymore weight. My mental reaction: Really? Do you know my goals? I'm barely in the healthy weight range, so shut up! Thank you though. :D

I get this a lot now too
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    LOL. That IS his job, and I'm certainly not trying to take it away from him! Maybe I'll just get strong without letting him know how strong I've gotten.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    misjent wrote: »
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

So glad you said this! I kind of thought it was just me! But yeah...it is horrible!

But why is that?
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    misjent wrote: »
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

So glad you said this! I kind of thought it was just me! But yeah...it is horrible!

But why is that?

This can be due to a low carb diet:

http://www.allmedicaldiseases.com/ketosis-breath.html
  • SamanthaPeake
    SamanthaPeake Posts: 54 Member
    Brilliant thread!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    I'm having an issue right now from changing my diet and increasing my exercise: I'm restless and I'm bored. My usual activities do not amuse me. Posting here is fun, but I need to get out of here and go do something way more fun. And I can't think of anything. Whine whine whine! Maybe a bike ride will help.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    I'm having an issue right now from changing my diet and increasing my exercise: I'm restless and I'm bored. My usual activities do not amuse me. Posting here is fun, but I need to get out of here and go do something way more fun. And I can't think of anything. Whine whine whine! Maybe a bike ride will help.

Badminton club, tennis club, running group, heck even a bowling league! Find a SOCIAL activity!

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member

Badminton club, tennis club, running group, heck even a bowling league! Find a SOCIAL activity!

But...but...there will be people there! :#

Haha, ty though, I seriously need to!
  • hlehmann
    hlehmann Posts: 10 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    + You realize you don't need to go into the handicap stall in the bathroom any more to feel like you have enough room. Strange things like that.

That was a big one for me, especially with the kids. Now we both can share a regular stall
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Right there with you. "You'd know I still need to lose weight if I was standing here naked!" has been known to silence a few people.

No, I don't get invited to social gatherings very often, why do you ask?

LOVE THIS. Guess what my answer is going to be from now on? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!