What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    You will have to throw out your Bridget Jones underwear.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I actually did that today, bye bye undies lol
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

aippolito1 wrote: »
    I love how much more flexible I am for sex :P Makes things muuuch easier without a large layer of fat!! lol

^^^^^^ This
    Only 16 lbs down but it does make a big difference!! Lol

Stronger thighs are also an added bonus. ;-)
  • straith50
    straith50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

Ditto to all above!
    For me the wonderful revelation and up yours to all those uninformed know it alls that said you cant lose significant weight without exercise! Bullsnot!! I lost my goal amount of 30kgs (66lbs) in under 7 months with zero.. Thats right zero!! minutes of exercise!! Ahhhh i love being lazy!! (But i love looking athletic hehe) B)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words. I can't wait to enjoy and suffer through some of the things you are mentioning here!!!
  • fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Ok, so I understand that the boobs would get smaller. In a way that was a relief. But why do they have to look so awful! There really is no discernible shape to them unless I have a bra on.

I was on vacation in Mexico and met a girl from Canada who had weight loss surgery and had lost a lot of weight quickly. We were sitting by the pool in bathing suits... She was complaining her boobs looked like beaver tails!!!! Hahahaha. (and she wasnt far off- LOL)

• KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    You will have to throw out your Bridget Jones underwear.

Hahahahahaaa! I had to wear some of my ancient granny panties to the gym today,and they nearly fell off when I undressed. I held them up and was , like, "Dang girl, you need some new undies!".

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Feeling like you're not losing anything to waking up the next morning feeling 5lbs lighter. You never know when that whoosh will hit, just keep going!

saylorkw wrote: »
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    I've found that people love to be discouraging. A supervisor at work said, "you're so tiny, don't worry, you'll gain it all back." She also said, "you're starting to look frail." Why would you tell someone who has lost weight that they are going to gain it all back?!

I have gotten that a LOT lately! Also people telling me I have "lost enough".

According to my BMI chart I'm still obese and I still don't like the way I look in clothes AND out.

I've had that before, I was hovering around 170-160lbs 5'6" and everyone was telling me I looked "too skinny" WTF haha, I was still technically overweight. Can't imagine how I would look if I went below that.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Feeling like you're not losing anything to waking up the next morning feeling 5lbs lighter. You never know when that whoosh will hit, just keep going!

I seem to be able to tell when a whoosh is going to hit, I seem to be Peeing full time, even waking up 3 to 4 times during the night. It is like i loose weight, and make up for it in water weight, and whoosh (literally) down the toilet.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    fourterrys wrote: »
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Ok, so I understand that the boobs would get smaller. In a way that was a relief. But why do they have to look so awful! There really is no discernible shape to them unless I have a bra on.

I was on vacation in Mexico and met a girl from Canada who had weight loss surgery and had lost a lot of weight quickly. We were sitting by the pool in bathing suits... She was complaining her boobs looked like beaver tails!!!! Hahahaha. (and she wasnt far off- LOL)

I wish my boobs would shrink. I have lost 35 pounds and gone from a 42D to a 34DD. Before I gained weight I was a 36C. Granted, I was 18 years old. Now at 30, it's beginning to be a real problem. Hopefully this they go with the next 30 pounds.

• EllaSIM
    EllaSIM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    You will sometimes get annoyed or even angry when people offer you seconds or say you "deserve" a treat. I'm trying to lose weight! Extra calories means more work for me! Back off! (I'm still training my boyfriend about this).

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!