• L0vAnj
    L0vAnj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • livingfree44
    livingfree44 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    + You realize you don't need to go into the handicap stall in the bathroom any more to feel like you have enough room. Strange things like that.

Wow!! I didn't realize that's why I go on the handicapped stall.

• livingfree44
    Options
    Yup....I always head for that one.
  • livingfree44
    Options
    saylorkw wrote: »
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    I've found that people love to be discouraging. A supervisor at work said, "you're so tiny, don't worry, you'll gain it all back." She also said, "you're starting to look frail." Why would you tell someone who has lost weight that they are going to gain it all back?!

I have gotten that a LOT lately! Also people telling me I have "lost enough".

According to my BMI chart I'm still obese and I still don't like the way I look in clothes AND out.

• livingfree44
    Options
    I've found that people love to be discouraging. A supervisor at work said, "you're so tiny, don't worry, you'll gain it all back." She also said, "you're starting to look frail." Why would you tell someone who has lost weight that they are going to gain it all back?!

According to my BMI chart I'm still obese and I still don't like the way I look in clothes AND out.

Jealous boss!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(

Mine didn't get better just with the weight loss, but for some reason, I cut back on dairy...accidentally, I just got sick of yogurt and that was the main sours of dairy. My skin cleared up. Now that I track what I eat, I can see that I break out more when there has been more dairy in my diet

I was going to ask about that. I was also feeling jealous of all the folks saying their skin has cleared because mine is the worst it's ever been. I've been concerned that it might be dairy because I really don't want to have to give that up......I LOVE ice cream and cheese and cottage cheese is such a great high protein snack..... :neutral: guess I'll have to give it a go.....

Could it be the hormones in the dairy?

ETA: I know mine cleared up almost solely because of my birth control(NuvaRing).
    But I have also been avoiding most dairy anyway because it's too high calorie for me.
    Seriously, who stops at ONE OUNCE of cheese?! Or a 1/2 cup of ice cream?!

Yes, I hear you on the cheese and I also avoid regular cheese, but I've found that 50 calorie string cheese is a great, filling snack with 6 grams of protein. And the ice cream, yes I can stop at one half cup of ice cream--it's better than no ice cream! :wink:

I've suspected it's hormonal, too, since I went off BCP for other health reasons. Guess I'm looking for something I can control.....ugh.....
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Jealous boss!

?

• ritatinglelewis
    ritatinglelewis Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Loose skin :/ .. I only lost 40 pounds as opposed to people who have to deal with huge amounts of loose skin due to 100 pound, etc. weight losses, and it took a good 2-3 years of working out to snap things back (mostly) into place lol

Amen
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Nobody told me I would be losing weight underneath my feet! As I mainly walk barefoot at home (it's really hot here) I do get hard spots. No problem. But suddenly it is. I constantly get cracks at the edge of my heel or blisters from running due as the skin being too big. I take good care of my feet and remove hard stuff regularly, but it doesn't seem to be enough.
  • 13BANE13
    13BANE13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How you want to be an OCR
  • 13BANE13
    13BANE13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How people ask if you're sick or did you want to lose it
  • jemmylb
    jemmylb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bras... Cor the number of times I've had to resize those bad boys
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    No one told me that I would have loose skin on the back of my neck. It feels weird sometimes when I move my head.
    I love my thin wrists and keep buying cute bracelets.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

Carol replied: I wish that I had been a little MORE vain and not let myself get this over fat!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have been very surprised about how different people treat me.

It's almost insulting, but I suppose this is just nature. Not that I am all that, but being fit has made it quite obvious that others find me attractive. And the difference between these reactions is telling.

I would start a campaign against this if it did not feel so darn good >:)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!