• Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    its colder
  • sstro008
    sstro008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    You will sometimes get annoyed or even angry when people offer you seconds or say you "deserve" a treat. I'm trying to lose weight! Extra calories means more work for me! Back off! (I'm still training my boyfriend about this).

Poor boyfriend, hope HE gets treats when he behaves and performs lol

• KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    bug1114 wrote: »

What shocked me the most has been the scowls I get from some co-workers who say they want to lose weight but don't try to. And the comments that they make about my weight loss - you're too skinny now, you look sick, why are you still working out, etc. It's eye opening to see how un-supportive people can be when you actually make positive changes in your life.

THIS. I've run into SO much of this lately, and it's completely unbelievable... I had no idea I was going to run into this much anti-support when I first started losing weight. I guess it was naive and optimistic to think the people I knew would all be supportive of my success and hard work. *sigh*
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    After losing 33 lbs. I've given away the clothes that are too big for me. Now, it's great to find pieces of clothing that I haven't worn in years that fit. I have lots of new found clothes to wear and don't need to waste money on buying anything, especially since I'm nowhere near my goal weight. The problem is that nothing matches anything. The pieces were bought at different times, for different purposes and don't fit together well. When I dress to go out, I look like someone who couldn't afford a decent outfit. Going shopping would just be a waste of money and I'm in a waiting game.

THIS. I am juggling all these odd bits and pieces after losing about 50 pounds. So I am reluctantly trying to wear some of the big things, lose faster to get into some of the smaller things, but realistically, I'm going to need to shop for those dreaded basic bits...probably in black again. Things I will also be getting rid of because I have lots more to lose. I keep checking out the ROSS and the Goodwill shops and they are picked clean or just not my style. Just to keep up with being presentable at work.
  • redperphexion
    redperphexion Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Eninad, may be most cost-effective to have some things taken to the tailor and brought in... A sort of compromise between buying all new clothes and not liking the ones you have now?

Aside: I LOVE your avatar. (Penguins and sushi are both huge in my houshold lol)
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    Smaller sized shirts means smaller breast pocket, now my phone falls out whenever I bend over.

Tell me about it, I had to buy a bag just because I can't fit anything In my pockets anymore, 4 fingers is how big my pockets a
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Zia209 wrote: »
    Nobody told me that I would be cold more than ever before. Also, that my body would look worse before it started to get better. The joys! :)

Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering what was going on!!
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    dc1arkson wrote: »
    After losing 237lbs I
    After been at my highest I kinda became a recluse and shut myself off to the world but now wishing I had more friends now.

Now is your moment. 29 is a great age. Get out there and figure out what makes you happy. :smiley: Congrats on the hard work!
  • dc1arkson
    dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    dc1arkson wrote: »
    After losing 237lbs I
    After been at my highest I kinda became a recluse and shut myself off to the world but now wishing I had more friends now.

Now is your moment. 29 is a great age. Get out there and figure out what makes you happy. :smiley: Congrats on the hard work!

Thank you!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Nobody told me that I would be cold more than ever before. Also, that my body would look worse before it started to get better. The joys! :)

Was totally feeling this about 5-7 pounds ago. GOSH! :sweat:
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Was totally feeling this about 5-7 pounds ago. GOSH! :sweat:

I'm feeling this now! But I'm not sure whether it *actually* looks worse, or I've just taken the blinkers off with regards to the bits I really want to see the back of!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I didn't anticipate that after losing over 70 pounds (with 30-50 more togo) that I would become a magnet for anyone to tell me their diet horror stories or excuses for why they are not losing weight.

THIS!!! I don't even start conversations about weight or eating!! Just normal, every day how's-the-weather conversation then BAM!! "I don't really have time to work out. . . " ect. I didn't ask! I didn't even bring it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!