What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    yangt41 wrote: »
    That I will still hate working out! I really thought I would start to be like some of you on here who starts to actually enjoy working out. I still dread it but still drag myself to the gym 3-4 times a week.

@yangt41 - maybe you just don't like going to the gym? I hope you'll find something that works for you and that you might have fun doing!
  • kristinels
    DessaTuck wrote: »
    My knees are hurting now that I've dropped 40+ lbs, when they didn't before.

I still can't do a full sit-up.

My husband sometimes sabotages me, and looks shocked when I call him on it and he sees he was, in fact, sabotaging.

My daughter is being oddly hurtful about being almost the same size; she must need time to adjust to this different version of me.

I don't get winded climbing up stairs anymore!

I can fit in the tub

I think my 19yo daughter is a little uncomfortable with it too. I wouldn't go so far as to say she's being hurtful - I know she's happy for me - but at the same time, it bothers her that we now weigh the same amount. She's still a much lower body fat percentage than me and about .5" taller but she's made a face and said 'UGH! I can't believe I weigh the same as you!" a couple of times.
  • kristinels
    Luvzy wrote: »
    Nobody tells you that you'll need a billion pieces of tupperware in all shapes and sizes.
    Lol! This is a good one...
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Nobody tells you that you'll need a billion pieces of tupperware in all shapes and sizes.

This is SO true! And that you'll have how many grams each container weighs memorized!
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member

Tell me about it! I have two different larger-sized containers for salads, and thinking about getting some that collapses for storage. I have a Pyrex set for the dishes I cook for the entire week, and then a couple sets of individual-sized containers for those dishes. These takes up a whole drawer, and it's one of those long kitchen drawers!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    That sometimes when someone yells across the gym 'oh my god you've lost so much weight, well done' you don't want to hide in embarrassment, you just want to smile, thank your friend and catch up on the year since you last saw each other with no more fuss :smile:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Nausicca55 wrote: »
    If I get asked "How did you lose so much weight?" I am just going to reply "The Mafia was involved."

I love this. I'm going to have to borrow it sometime.

Pcmanbc wrote: »
    Have reached and surpassed my goal of 199lbs. down to 197.2lbs. I realize now the real work starts maintaining.
    Wish me luck.

Congratulations! And good luck.

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    So many people's feet have gotten smaller, but my 9.5 wides (or 40 European) are still the same size. Even after 75 pounds. I was so hoping to at least get back down to a 9.

Mine did not get smaller either. That would have been nice:)
  • Candylou11
    Candylou11 Posts: 19 Member
    Having to deal with too large of rings. I lost my engagement ring that goes with my wedding band but luckily I found it. have these ugly silicone covers on the back so they don't fall off. Don't want to size them till I am where I want to be.

Flip side, it's been fun shopping for new clothes in sizes I haven't seen for years.

My blood pressure readings are at a long time low. Almost too low for me that I have had to double check.

My shoes are also getting larger.

My confidence level is higher with the weight loss.

How much you look forward to hearing about your MFP Friends journey, and for all the support they give. It's just nice to know that you are not alone and that others are going through the same journey and at different parts of the journey- some at the end, the beginning, and some in the middle.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    kristinels wrote: »
    Lol! This is a good one...

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    k80flec wrote: »
    misjent wrote: »
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

So glad you said this! I kind of thought it was just me! But yeah...it is horrible!

But why is that?

This can be due to a low carb diet:

http://www.allmedicaldiseases.com/ketosis-breath.html

Thank you for the answer. I wouldn't know about that,cause I've never been on a low carb anything.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    I'm having an issue right now from changing my diet and increasing my exercise: I'm restless and I'm bored. My usual activities do not amuse me. Posting here is fun, but I need to get out of here and go do something way more fun. And I can't think of anything. Whine whine whine! Maybe a bike ride will help.

Badminton club, tennis club, running group, heck even a bowling league! Find a SOCIAL activity!

But...but...there will be people there! :#

Haha, ty though, I seriously need to!

Yeah, the world would be so much better without all those pesky people.
    I was feeling the same way as you about 3 months ago. I was a long time jogger,power walker,with a little
    Pilates thrown in,and I felt soooo not excited about working out.
    Did about a week of you tube surfing and decided to give HIIT and Tabata style body weight workouts a go.I'm on a 90 day challenge, right now at week 8 and I'm so enthusiastic about it. Loving it!!
    Changes to my body have been dramatic. I took photos as advised at beginning, then 30 days,60 days,and so on. So glad I did,because our eyes/brains can play tricks on us and we don't always see our progress. But the photos are documented proof!!

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member

Haha, this is so true! It is a careful balancing act to get the right container and matching lid out as well. I don't even want to know how many times I've knocked them across the floor.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!