What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• alabidammie
    alabidammie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How emotionally draining this can be. I keep discovering things about myself I didn't even know existed.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 10 lbs - but surprised no one has noticed and hubby says it is a touchy subject so maybe folks are afraid. I guess we will see 40 more to go ......
    I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments so much !!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have gone down to a size 4 in the last year and I am having a hard time finding clothes that fit. Either they do not stock that size, or it gets picked clean as soon as new clothes go in . . . I am not sure. But I've been trying to find new pants for months, and I haven't yet found one that fits.

Speaking of pants and how they fit, apparently women's pants are not currently made for someone with a 10" difference between hips and waist. Anything I find that fits my hips gaps at the waist by several inches. I wish I knew what the manufacturers were using as standards.

Lee jeans/pants have slimmer waist to them - reason I know is I am larger in mid section and can't wear them :(
    Also a classic fit is probably better for your body type maybe - good luck
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    The belt is not optional. Without it, I can't keep my shorts on.
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Suhrah623 wrote: »
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

How come this happens?
    Low Carb.
    http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/low-carb-diets-can-cause-bad-breath

Interesting, I never knew this!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    kspoon5 wrote: »
    I have only lost 10 lbs - but surprised no one has noticed and hubby says it is a touchy subject so maybe folks are afraid. I guess we will see 40 more to go ......
    I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments so much !!

Some people get really offended at any mention of weight loss, so a lot of people are afraid to bring it up.
  • johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can fit in normal restroom stalls - not just the handicapped ones! That many people don't comment on your weight loss.
  • quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    I've found that people love to be discouraging. A supervisor at work said, "you're so tiny, don't worry, you'll gain it all back." She also said, "you're starting to look frail." Why would you tell someone who has lost weight that they are going to gain it all back?!

I have gotten that a LOT lately! Also people telling me I have "lost enough".

According to my BMI chart I'm still obese and I still don't like the way I look in clothes AND out.
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The boob loss is real for woman.... I'm not trying to be funny either... kind of upsetting too... and the weird feeling of still feeling like you still weigh what you did. You still feel "fat"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!