Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Boobietrap1337Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195Member Member Posts: 195Member Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Wait a minute! Hold the phone! So......i can travel through space and time when I put on the coat I bought at Goodwill last night???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's time lord technology right there. Very valuable stuff.
  • mogobammogobam Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member

...How silently frustrated I will get with others who claim to be trying to lose weight but are doing it in a completely unhealthy way.

Oh my gosh. Yes. So much.
  • JanolaBarbaraJanolaBarbara Posts: 429Member Member Posts: 429Member Member
    This thread is great!

For me, it's that grocery shopping takes so long, because I'm reading every ingredient list. Also, there are some things in the store I just don't know where they are, because I mainly shop the perimeter. Someone asked me if I knew where X was, and I had no idea. They thought I was weird!
  • k80fleck80flec Posts: 1,379Member Member Posts: 1,379Member Member

. . . . there are some things in the store I just don't know where they are, because I mainly shop the perimeter. Someone asked me if I knew where X was, and I had no idea. They thought I was weird!

I pre plan my weekly meals and shop with a list, which I stick to AND I walk every aisle. How else would I get my steps in on a grimy day. Fitbit assures me that my local Tesco has 1.25 miles of aisles!!!

My NSV is a little scale related: I've been reverse dieting to find my maintenance calories level and dropped another pound - and this week I've stayed at the bottom end of my target range!

I also went to a theatre production last night, staged in a 1000 year old castle. The old seats were so uncomfortable - it seems I don't have enough padding on my rear end.

edited October 2015
  • Karen_can_do_thisKaren_can_do_this Posts: 1,130Member Member Posts: 1,130Member Member
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    That trying to keep up with the boys when you're 60 pounds lighter results in you getting embarrassingly plastered. :disappointed:

I'm only 11kgs lighter but yep. My alcohol tolerance has gone out the window
  • k80fleck80flec Posts: 1,379Member Member Posts: 1,379Member Member
    The lighter you are, it seems the heavier alcohol is!!! :s
  • BruceHedtkeBruceHedtke Posts: 342Member Member Posts: 342Member Member
    This thread is great!

For me, it's that grocery shopping takes so long, because I'm reading every ingredient list. Also, there are some things in the store I just don't know where they are, because I mainly shop the perimeter. Someone asked me if I knew where X was, and I had no idea. They thought I was weird!
    Now that you mention it, I realize that I rarely go up the middle of the store as well.

Grocery stores seem to suspend the laws of time when I go in them. I have no friggin clue what happens but I usually end up shopping for a couple of hours.

Actually, that's not true. Since I am trying to remain on my low sodium diet, I have a very selective list of things that I will buy. Take jello, for instance. I get sugar free jello cups that come in a package of 12. However, the one brand I used to buy all the time has 50mg of sodium per cup and I found another brand that has 15mg per cup. So, since the store where I do most of my shopping doesn't carry the lower sodium variety, I have to make another stop just to get jello.

I usually have four or five "specialty" items like that and have not found a store that has all of it under one roof, so I have to hop from store to store just to get the items I know I'm going to buy. It seems to eat up an entire Saturday afternoon.
  • malcolmjcoopermalcolmjcooper Posts: 79Member Member Posts: 79Member Member
    kuwick1230 wrote: »
    That moment when you pull out your drivers license and realize that for the first time in years you actually weigh less than what's printed on the card!!

They put your weight on your licence really that bloody invasive
  • sybabe35sybabe35 Posts: 99Member Member Posts: 99Member Member
    mogobam wrote: »

...How silently frustrated I will get with others who claim to be trying to lose weight but are doing it in a completely unhealthy way.

Oh my gosh. Yes. So much.

Yes! I'm like that too! It makes me feel like they're undermining my efforts when they tell me how they're doing it, with a smug tone. But they don't see results.
  • Angelfire365Angelfire365 Posts: 818Member Member Posts: 818Member Member
    That moment when you pull out your drivers license and realize that for the first time in years you actually weigh less than what's printed on the card!!

They don't put your weight on your licence? Where are you from? I'm Canadian, and that's standard. No sarcasm intended, just curious?
  • danipatt1216danipatt1216 Posts: 215Member Member Posts: 215Member Member

They don't put your weight on your licence? Where are you from? I'm Canadian, and that's standard. No sarcasm intended, just curious?

Im from Pennsylvania and we don't have our weight on ours. My pic is bad enough to show I'm still fat , but so much worse 6 years ago. I wasnt in the sun a lot (bday is in July ) and I wasn't eating well so I looked like a snowman lol
  • S_Evanson613S_Evanson613 Posts: 62Member Member Posts: 62Member Member

Im from Pennsylvania and we don't have our weight on ours. My pic is bad enough to show I'm still fat , but so much worse 6 years ago. I wasnt in the sun a lot (bday is in July ) and I wasn't eating well so I looked like a snowman lol

Nope, Michigan doesnt put the weight on there either (thank goodness)! They ask for it when renewing or getting it for the first time, but it's not printed on the card!
  • kristinelskristinels Posts: 315Member Member Posts: 315Member Member
    This thread is great!

Well they didn't know where it was either since they were asking you! :P Who's weird now?? Lol!
  • prettyleeleeprettyleelee Posts: 236Member Member Posts: 236Member Member

Nope, Michigan doesnt put the weight on there either (thank goodness)! They ask for it when renewing or getting it for the first time, but it's not printed on the card!

Thank heavens they don't I would be screwed lol.
  • LaceyBirdsLaceyBirds Posts: 451Member Member Posts: 451Member Member
    I have a fridge magnet that says "My goal is to weigh what my driver's license says." My license weight was 10 pounds under my real weight for five years, now it's 45 pounds over my real weight. It expires this month. I have another 40 pounds to go - what weight should I say?!? Decisions, decisions (and first-world problems). :)
  • pootle1972pootle1972 Posts: 579Member Member Posts: 579Member Member
    Uk.....no weight on either.
  • AlideckerAlidecker Posts: 1,262Member Member Posts: 1,262Member Member

Thank heavens they don't I would be screwed lol.

Missouri does. Last time I had mine renewed, I handed the guy my old one and he just looked back and forth between me and the license and then asked me how much I weighed for the new one. I was way under the old one that had been under what I really weighed. It was a good day :) I also has Lasik surgery and didn't need glasses anymore, it was like I was a different person.
  • rhianna818rhianna818 Posts: 85Member Member Posts: 85Member Member

TX here. And no weight listed. But I did live in Louisiana and they put it on there.
  • mangrothianmangrothian Posts: 1,349Member Member Posts: 1,349Member Member
    They don't do it in Australia either. No height, no weight.