Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

19192949697485

Replies

  • G33K_G1RLG33K_G1RL Posts: 283Member Member Posts: 283Member Member
    Kalici wrote: »
    It has also started feeling like I have Tardis clothing. It looks too small to fit, but it always does so it has to be bigger on the inside, right? ;)

    HAHAHA that's awesome! Time Lord tech ;)
  • HowlinAlHowlinAl Posts: 277Member Member Posts: 277Member Member
    That even when you let yourself get the unhealthy side of potato chips over fruit, you realize 3 chips in that you just don't want anymore.

    Not for me; potato chips are my kryptonite. Lol!

    Amen. I often say, only half jokingly, that if potato chips and Doritos had never been invented I'd have never got fat. Something about that salty crunchy stuff drives me absolutely mad.
  • dianaikudianaiku Posts: 96Member Member Posts: 96Member Member
    With every pound lost my motivation to lose another pound increases tenfold.
    You can keep your hobbies from when you weighed more, but beware: they may become a hundred times more fun!
    You become more assertive with family, especially if family is a big reason why you were fat.
    How gross and nasty it is to eat junk food if you dare try eating it again.
    Love the OP's example that people start treating you like royalty because, well, duh! So true.
  • jessiruthicajessiruthica Posts: 412Member Member Posts: 412Member Member
    That you would take more time to get ready because you actually care about what you looked like. I was so unhappy with myself that I didn't mind if I looked like crap because I didn't care. Now I am down 50lbs and 8 inches and I care a lot more!!

    Exactly this! It takes WAY more effort now to get ready in the morning because I have a lot more clothing options and if my clothes look so good I want my hair and makeup to look good as well :smile:
  • prettyleeleeprettyleelee Posts: 236Member Member Posts: 236Member Member
    That you would take more time to get ready because you actually care about what you looked like. I was so unhappy with myself that I didn't mind if I looked like crap because I didn't care. Now I am down 50lbs and 8 inches and I care a lot more!!

    Exactly this! It takes WAY more effort now to get ready in the morning because I have a lot more clothing options and if my clothes look so good I want my hair and makeup to look good as well :smile:

    Exactly!!
  • bri170lbbri170lb Posts: 1,376Member Member Posts: 1,376Member Member
    kar328 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »

    It has also started feeling like I have Tardis clothing. It looks too small to fit, but it always does so it has to be bigger on the inside, right? ;)

    YES!! I ordered a fleece hoodie from Old Navy that showed up in yesterday's mail - a small (used to be a 2-3X) - I've just started buying their clothes and they tend to run a little big. I held it up and dang, it was tiny. I figured I'd save it for spring, but tried it on and zipped it up. And smiled.

    Aparently they are everywhere because I just bought a size medium coat and I have never worn a medium anything - definitely bigger on the inside.

  • GabinkaPGabinkaP Posts: 188Member Member Posts: 188Member Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    kar328 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »

    It has also started feeling like I have Tardis clothing. It looks too small to fit, but it always does so it has to be bigger on the inside, right? ;)

    YES!! I ordered a fleece hoodie from Old Navy that showed up in yesterday's mail - a small (used to be a 2-3X) - I've just started buying their clothes and they tend to run a little big. I held it up and dang, it was tiny. I figured I'd save it for spring, but tried it on and zipped it up. And smiled.

    Aparently they are everywhere because I just bought a size medium coat and I have never worn a medium anything - definitely bigger on the inside.

    My winter coat was a bit too small. I couldn't get the belt around me. Looking forward to cold day now to know if it fits better!
  • Boobietrap1337Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195Member Member Posts: 195Member Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Wait a minute! Hold the phone! So......i can travel through space and time when I put on the coat I bought at Goodwill last night???????!!!!!!!!!!!!




    That's time lord technology right there. Very valuable stuff.
  • mogobammogobam Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member

    ...How silently frustrated I will get with others who claim to be trying to lose weight but are doing it in a completely unhealthy way.

    Oh my gosh. Yes. So much.
  • JanolaBarbaraJanolaBarbara Posts: 429Member Member Posts: 429Member Member
    This thread is great!

    For me, it's that grocery shopping takes so long, because I'm reading every ingredient list. Also, there are some things in the store I just don't know where they are, because I mainly shop the perimeter. Someone asked me if I knew where X was, and I had no idea. They thought I was weird!
  • k80fleck80flec Posts: 1,425Member Member Posts: 1,425Member Member

    . . . . there are some things in the store I just don't know where they are, because I mainly shop the perimeter. Someone asked me if I knew where X was, and I had no idea. They thought I was weird!

    I pre plan my weekly meals and shop with a list, which I stick to AND I walk every aisle. How else would I get my steps in on a grimy day. Fitbit assures me that my local Tesco has 1.25 miles of aisles!!!

    My NSV is a little scale related: I've been reverse dieting to find my maintenance calories level and dropped another pound - and this week I've stayed at the bottom end of my target range!

    I also went to a theatre production last night, staged in a 1000 year old castle. The old seats were so uncomfortable - it seems I don't have enough padding on my rear end.

    edited October 2015
  • Karen_can_do_thisKaren_can_do_this Posts: 1,130Member Member Posts: 1,130Member Member
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    That trying to keep up with the boys when you're 60 pounds lighter results in you getting embarrassingly plastered. :disappointed:

    I'm only 11kgs lighter but yep. My alcohol tolerance has gone out the window
  • k80fleck80flec Posts: 1,425Member Member Posts: 1,425Member Member
    The lighter you are, it seems the heavier alcohol is!!! :s
  • BruceHedtkeBruceHedtke Posts: 342Member Member Posts: 342Member Member
    This thread is great!

    For me, it's that grocery shopping takes so long, because I'm reading every ingredient list. Also, there are some things in the store I just don't know where they are, because I mainly shop the perimeter. Someone asked me if I knew where X was, and I had no idea. They thought I was weird!
    Now that you mention it, I realize that I rarely go up the middle of the store as well.

    Grocery stores seem to suspend the laws of time when I go in them. I have no friggin clue what happens but I usually end up shopping for a couple of hours.

    Actually, that's not true. Since I am trying to remain on my low sodium diet, I have a very selective list of things that I will buy. Take jello, for instance. I get sugar free jello cups that come in a package of 12. However, the one brand I used to buy all the time has 50mg of sodium per cup and I found another brand that has 15mg per cup. So, since the store where I do most of my shopping doesn't carry the lower sodium variety, I have to make another stop just to get jello.

    I usually have four or five "specialty" items like that and have not found a store that has all of it under one roof, so I have to hop from store to store just to get the items I know I'm going to buy. It seems to eat up an entire Saturday afternoon.
  • malcolmjcoopermalcolmjcooper Posts: 79Member Member Posts: 79Member Member
    kuwick1230 wrote: »
    That moment when you pull out your drivers license and realize that for the first time in years you actually weigh less than what's printed on the card!!

    They put your weight on your licence really that bloody invasive
  • sybabe35sybabe35 Posts: 99Member Member Posts: 99Member Member
    mogobam wrote: »

    ...How silently frustrated I will get with others who claim to be trying to lose weight but are doing it in a completely unhealthy way.

    Oh my gosh. Yes. So much.

    Yes! I'm like that too! It makes me feel like they're undermining my efforts when they tell me how they're doing it, with a smug tone. But they don't see results.
Sign In or Register to comment.