What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    - Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

So much this, I suffer terribly with my coccyx now that I've lost a lot of weight, sitting down for even 10 minutes becomes very pain. I'm hoping one day it'll get better, the pysio at the hospital has me doing all sorts of exercises and stretches.

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Laying on my stomach is more like focusing all my weight on my hip bones and lower ribs... where did those bones come from????
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Toning after you lose weight! I was at the skinny-fat phase for a long time! Don't emphasize too much on the scale! Weights are your best friends!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    That smaller shirts mean smaller neck holes. I used to put on and remove shirts with my glasses on. I can't do that anymore or my glasses smash into my face.
    I hadn't put it together, but YES!

• alohakaybee
    alohakaybee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love doing fewer loads of washing each week because all my clothes are so much smaller :-)

Looking forward to this. For vacation, packing is tricky bc the clothes are simply larger. And looking forward to smaller shoe size.
  • ClaireShepster
    ClaireShepster Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    • That you loose four kilos and everyone starts panicking and telling you that you should stop loosing weight, despite still being off your goal.
    • That you could fit into a smaller size despite thinking you couldn't due to your hips/ribs/shoulder bones.
    • That a loosing only a couple of kilos would make a huge difference.
    • That the little voice in my head saying "eat the chocolate!" wasn't actually "me"

This well, not 4 kg but 19 kg but I am getting the " you are stopping now right?" - no I am not I have 3.5 kg to goal.

But the real one for me was the smaller size, having been up and down weight wise for a long time I have always believed that there is no way I could get into 10/12 (UK Size) trouser, my hips were too large etc etc. Well I am in the 12 no problem and I suspect that I will be in a 10 at some point (well for some shops).

The only other thing for me is how long my brain would take to catch up, I still see the old me in the mirror despite all the evidence to the contrary!
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There is a drastic need for a belt, esp if you "crack people". LOL. A problem I NEVER had when I had a huge gut to hold my jeans up.
  • reshonne
    reshonne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    There is a drastic need for a belt, esp if you "crack people". LOL. A problem I NEVER had when I had a huge gut to hold my jeans up.
    Peraonnl

Personally, I prefer suspenders.

• demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have gone down to a size 4 in the last year and I am having a hard time finding clothes that fit. Either they do not stock that size, or it gets picked clean as soon as new clothes go in . . . I am not sure. But I've been trying to find new pants for months, and I haven't yet found one that fits.

Speaking of pants and how they fit, apparently women's pants are not currently made for someone with a 10" difference between hips and waist. Anything I find that fits my hips gaps at the waist by several inches. I wish I knew what the manufacturers were using as standards.
  • burnsinglbs16
    burnsinglbs16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    nursethis wrote: »
    4mricandy wrote: »
    Stay off the scale!!! The belt is the ultimate motivator!!!

Wow, now that's 50 shades of motivation!

OMG, have me dying from laughter!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have gone down to a size 4 in the last year and I am having a hard time finding clothes that fit. Either they do not stock that size, or it gets picked clean as soon as new clothes go in . . . I am not sure. But I've been trying to find new pants for months, and I haven't yet found one that fits.

Speaking of pants and how they fit, apparently women's pants are not currently made for someone with a 10" difference between hips and waist. Anything I find that fits my hips gaps at the waist by several inches. I wish I knew what the manufacturers were using as standards.

Women's pants sizes suck. When I was bigger, I would struggle to find ones that fit ok in waist AND hips, but they were usually long enough (Im 5'9"). Now I'm a size 10 nz and I they are all too short. It's like they assume you must be small in all dimensions. I wear almost exclusively skirts and dresses for that reason. I only have 1 pair of work trousers these days because they are so hard to find :s

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    reshonne wrote: »
    How great it feels to comfortably cross your legs!

Yes! And the first time I did it, I didn't even realize it for a few seconds until I looked at my legs and went "Holy cr@p!"

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Zia209 wrote: »
    Nobody told me that I would be cold more than ever before. Also, that my body would look worse before it started to get better. The joys! :)

This - - I did not know a person could be droopy everywhere.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!