What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Terri6627
    Terri6627 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(
    Well that's the unfortunate side of "eat less, sweat more. I get more pimples too, but I've never had bad skin.
  • maddy_smiles
    maddy_smiles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Just restarted my journey, but I can't wait to have break in the box of too-small clothes I can't give away :)
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • freedomlass
    freedomlass Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be able to say these things, what I am most looking forward to feeling/seeing/saying are; wow I can fit back in my size 12's not done that for over a decade, to see someone I haven't seen for a while and they say wow look at you, and to actually feel sexy for my hubby and not like a blubber whale or just when I get glammed up
  • lesliesmithgrima
    lesliesmithgrima Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!!
    What people never told you about losing weight.
    SKIN, lots of SKIN.
    Suddenly doing things like climbing stairs without thinking!!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    How good you'll look in clothes you never had a chance to wear before :D

Yep! I am wearing totally different clothes now - not just size, but style too. I can now totally rock a pencil skirt for work, when before I wouldn't have gone near one because I would have looked like an overstuffed sausage! I can also wear nice blouses because they fit nicely and my belly is no longer bigger than my boobs! My husband tells me I have the 'sexy librarian' look down ;)
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    rcl1221 wrote: »
    You get haters from unexpected places.

I'm sorry that happened to you.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

hahaha this... My back is bruised from doing workouts on the floor because my shoulder blades stick out so much now.

No one told me how annoying buying clothes could be. It's great when they fit, but I keep going down sizes and needing to buy more and then not having a purpose for the larger sizes.

On a more positive note, I get hit on a lot more. Three different guys asked me out for Valentine's Day this year :)

I go to charity shops to replace my clothes, and eBay! No point in spending a lot of money because then I can keep losing without feeling bad about he cost hehe.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    -You will discover bones you forgot (or never knew) you had.

I was laying on my back in bed one night and went to scratch my stomach/chest and felt something poking out on the side. I thought maybe I had popped a rib or something and started feeling around and realized that for the first time that I could remember, I could actually feel my rib cage.

Not only that, but I could feel my xiphoid process too.

That happened to me 3 days ago for the first time! It feels a little strange :)
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Terri6627 wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(
    Well that's the unfortunate side of "eat less, sweat more. I get more pimples too, but I've never had bad skin.

My face is a hot mess that will not clear up. I've paid for laser treatments, taken a ton of antibiotics, used a ton of prescription face creams, tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof, use Cetaphil daily. Nothing works at all. It's been bad for the past 3 years and gotten worse as I've lost weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!