• shellmdlg
    shellmdlg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Why's it only posted like a third of what I actually wrote? -_-
  • shellmdlg
    shellmdlg Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That you'll get comments like this: "You're so lucky you can lose weight..."

Luck had naught to do with it.

Haha this always annoyed me too!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Pale_Green wrote: »
    No longer have puffy swollen fingers during the summer, I hate that feeling :) being able to sit and cross my legs at the knees I know its not the healthiest way to sit but its nice to actually be able to now that the fat is gone.

I still get the swollen fingers and it HURTS. My son who is a teen now used to want me to hold his hand. Upward of 80 degrees I just couldnt it hurt. It was warm here yesterday...looked at my hands, swollen. :( My mom gets this too. I tell my doc and she says everything is fine. I wish it would go away. Glad yours did.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Terri6627 wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(
    Well that's the unfortunate side of "eat less, sweat more. I get more pimples too, but I've never had bad skin.

My face is a hot mess that will not clear up. I've paid for laser treatments, taken a ton of antibiotics, used a ton of prescription face creams, tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof, use Cetaphil daily. Nothing works at all. It's been bad for the past 3 years and gotten worse as I've lost weight.

Poor you. :(

I've cut down on dairy over the last couple of weeks and I'm using Dermalogica anti Bac face wash plus activ moist. Finally I seem to be clearing up but I've got quite a few scars from some really big cystic spots I just didn't leave alone. Thank god for make up! I use bareminerals so it's not too pore clogging!

I luckily don't have cystic acne. It's a mix of acne, rosacea, and seborrheic dermatitis so nothing seems to work for it. My skin is ultra sensitive, so make ups and creams either make me break out more or they cause me to get bad rashes. I bought some Bare Minerals and as long as I don't use it near my eyes it seems to be ok, but I still can't get everything to cover up. So far dermatologists have given me retinol, Finacea, Metrogel, Metrocream, Doxycycline, Minocycline, and a few others. All made my skin super flaky and red and peel off. I also tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof and they made me feel like my face was going to explode it burned so badly. I gave up dairy with no avail. Same with soy and gluten. They don't know what to do for me. I've been to many different ones for other opinions.
  • alcurran33
    alcurran33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just love when I feel my clothes getting looser, and my belt needs to be that little bit tighter
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »

*Posting a picture on Facebook, when there hasn't been one of you even taken in 4 years, then all your Facebook friends commenting on how amazing you look. Best feeling ever!

I was afraid to post anything when I started losing weight, but when I hit 50#s lost, I couldn't hold it in and posted it. I got some amazing comments, then people kept asking me how it was going after that....you don't want to fail when that is happening
  • ajcc500
    ajcc500 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I luckily don't have cystic acne. It's a mix of acne, rosacea, and seborrheic dermatitis so nothing seems to work for it. My skin is ultra sensitive, so make ups and creams either make me break out more or they cause me to get bad rashes. I bought some Bare Minerals and as long as I don't use it near my eyes it seems to be ok, but I still can't get everything to cover up. So far dermatologists have given me retinol, Finacea, Metrogel, Metrocream, Doxycycline, Minocycline, and a few others. All made my skin super flaky and red and peel off. I also tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof and they made me feel like my face was going to explode it burned so badly. I gave up dairy with no avail. Same with soy and gluten. They don't know what to do for me. I've been to many different ones for other opinions.

www.carolinehirons.com

She is the queen of skin! She has "cheat sheets" for all types of skin issues and occasionally runs a "clinic" where she answers reader questions. Have a browse through her site, it may well help. Hope you find a solution x

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!