What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• odaveyrules
    odaveyrules Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @Gska17 Yes it is! The other night I only had 2 margaritas and I couldn't feel my face haha. And no matter how much food or water I have that night, the hangovers the next day are killer. I rarely had even mild ones when I was larger.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess this is....good? The trick is actually remembering. My poor husband...tilting me all the way home. :/
  • odaveyrules
    odaveyrules Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @Gska17 Oh it's definitely good 'cause it keeps me from wanting to really drink in the first place haha. I can put those calories to better use!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @Gska17 Oh it's definitely good 'cause it keeps me from wanting to really drink in the first place haha. I can put those calories to better use!

I couldn't agree with the both of you anymore! My boyfriend and I went to a nice meal last weekend and split a bottle of wine. 2 glasses in and I was tipsy! The after dinner hot chocolate with some kahlua tasted like sheer alcohol, despite my boyfriend saying it didn't taste like it at all. I couldn't even drink it and I used to drink straight jack or multiple bottles of wine like it was no problem. I agree with putting the calories to better use! The chocolate fondue that night > the hot chocolate with kahlua. :)
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have skirts, pants, dresses & tops that are very loose on me now, but I just haven't had the desire to shop for new things yet. I guess I have been too scared to do so.

I say go shopping - and take an honest friend. I did this, intending to go shopping to buy things for her. But whilst there I tried things on too.

What I picked for myself was about my old size. It swamped me. After about an hour my friend told me off for not buying new clothes and wearing this that were now several sizes too big.

I went home with nothing - it took me a few days to get my head round 1. Being 3 sizes smaller and, 2. My friend telling me off like that (at the time it brought out my inner rebel!)

I slowly went back and brought some clothes that fit me now. She was so right. The clothes are so much cuter. And I feel so much better about myself when I wear them.

Sorry for the long reply about me OP - really I just wanted to say I understand why you would want to buy new clothes - I was there too - but I love my new (still can be improved) body so much more now I'm not hiding it under my old clothes. I hope you can do this for yourself too!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I realized this weekend just how right all of these posts are! I was cold despite it being in the upper 80's yesterday, I discovered random bruises, I had to throw away quite a bit of junk food that went past the expiration date, I couldn't eat enough so to avoid the warning from MFP I ate some cheesecake, and finally I am started to feel so much more comfortable in my own skin!
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    I see a lot of people telling how they don't see their weight loss in the mirror. I am just starting out, and its the opposite for me. I can see my weight loss in the mirror but no else around me seems to notice it. Weird?

I don't think that's odd. I have lost 60 lbs (still have 100 to go) and not many have commented. Some days I don't think I look any skinnier, but other days I definitely notice.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    Smaller sized shirts means smaller breast pocket, now my phone falls out whenever I bend over.

Also smaller pants means smaller pockets. I can't put my phone in my pocket. I have to carry a purse everywhere.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    After losing 33 lbs. I've given away the clothes that are too big for me. Now, it's great to find pieces of clothing that I haven't worn in years that fit. I have lots of new found clothes to wear and don't need to waste money on buying anything, especially since I'm nowhere near my goal weight. The problem is that nothing matches anything. The pieces were bought at different times, for different purposes and don't fit together well. When I dress to go out, I look like someone who couldn't afford a decent outfit. Going shopping would just be a waste of money and I'm in a waiting game.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    that you sweat more, as you get more fit. really?!?! I was never a "glisten" type girl to start with.
  • redperphexion
    redperphexion Posts: 193 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    + That it can be an emotional roller-coaster. Some days you are happy with yourself and other days you get upset because you ate too much or you don't look right or you haven't lost any weight this week, etc. Learn to ride the roller-coaster and don't get off.

+1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!