What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    GabinkaP wrote: »
    If they order it for THEM it's really tempting and kind of demoralizing to me. But then they say, "But we're not dieting"

"No, you are on a diet--the 'I often eat more food than I need' diet."

If somebody eats the same way on a regular basis, then that is their diet. What they really mean to say is, "But, we don't want to think about or change our diet."
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    Yesterday my boss threatened my job.

No one told me how hard it was going to be to feel the feelings, but only eat the food.

As an outsider, look at how you've handled that negative situation at work and managed to summon the strength to create a positive reaction. I hope your work matter sorts itself out (it's a tough position to be in) but whenever you have any self doubt just think of what you achieved yesterday! ❤
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    That when you get less back fat you get sore points on your back from some of the yoga moves, however thick your mat is.

I also recently got asked by a colleague how I lost the weight and when I said with calorie counting she said oh I could never do that it sounds like so much effort. It didn't surprise me and i actually chuckled inside because i have read on here so often that that is the usual response.
  • 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What no one tells you, and I didn't go looking for, is that you should err on the side of overestimating your calories,(while staying under goal,) and underestimating your exercise for best results. Took me a long time to realise that I was doing it backwards. When I finally had that face palm moment, I started consistently taking off the weight.

I'm so glad that someone else has also made this observation. I have been doing this recently to lose those last few kilos & maintain, and its definitely working. Not sure why I didn't think of it sooner!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    No one told me how some people would actually resent you for doing what they think they can't do.
    And that they would resent you for not taking their dieting/exercising advice.

I've lost 43 pounds and you've been 'trying' for over a year. Excuse me while I keep doing what works for me.
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I notice since I've been a yo-yo obese person for all of my adult life that people walk on egg shells about my weight and say nothing about it but I'm sure they think I'm going to fall off again or quit again or they just aren't sure what to say. It's weird. I post my miles on my Facebook every few days and only my mother in law and a few long time friends ever comment on it or like it....crickets from all 125 others and I'm on day 94. Thanks "friends".

• heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I went from 214 lbs to 180 lbs and just am stuck for about a month now. It's almost like I hit a wall.. so re thinking everything, I started over on here. I am starting at 183 lbs and not 214 lbs anymore. My goal is 165 lbs. So I think my what no one tells you about weight loss is the bumps in the road you will face! It's not just reaching your goal...it's the long journey it's going to take! It may be easy, it may not be. I am on the it's not easy journey! :)
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    cottony wrote: »
    How some insecure friends start to avoid you because you've always been ''the fat friend'' and now you're ''magically'' skinny.

Same here. Some of my friends have tried to eat better and make better choices, but they get irritated and stop. Then, of course it is my fault. How?? Not sure. Guess it's time to make new friends ;)
  • S_Evanson613
    S_Evanson613 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I ran a race the other day. My daughter took a picture. Nobody told me that I was going to be able to see muscles. They STILL haven't mentioned the 40 pounds OR the muscles the picture shows. It's like if they don't say it, then it ain't true. But it is. I'm losing weight, defining muscle, becoming the me that I was always meant to be. And while everyone is staying silent on the outside, on the inside I'm screaming how proud of myself I am, and LOOK AT MY MUSCLES!!

No one really mentions anything like that to me either, but thats what we have MFP for! To celebrate all of those things with each other :smile: Hope your race went awesome!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    How... you can't stop thinking about it even when you get to goal.

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You've lost weight on purpose right?.........I suppose it's just a little less tactless than "you're sick right?"
  • charleneblake2000
    Options
    I ran a race the other day. My daughter took a picture. Nobody told me that I was going to be able to see muscles. They STILL haven't mentioned the 40 pounds OR the muscles the picture shows. It's like if they don't say it, then it ain't true. But it is. I'm losing weight, defining muscle, becoming the me that I was always meant to be. And while everyone is staying silent on the outside, on the inside I'm screaming how proud of myself I am, and LOOK AT MY MUSCLES!!

No one really mentions anything like that to me either, but thats what we have MFP for! To celebrate all of those things with each other :smile: Hope your race went awesome!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!