So for those maintaining below 2000/day, is this a lifetime commitment?

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning Everyone!!! Thanks to you who have taken the time to post anything here last night. :smile: I won't be able to respond this morning, as today, besides the daily normal walking up the hill to stand in line with everyone else in the village to purchase the obligatory baguette and maybe have croissant and coffee this is my day to clean the house!As it is a three story stone house with stone stairs and plenty of dusting I've left far too long this will take some time. Then as every day I enjoy to do the food prep of all the fresh veggies for the day and make the main mid day meal, today we have fresh cod fillets, breaded and fried in olove oil. I wouldn't be getting back to the ipad until later I am reasonably sure.
    Looks like a lot to respond too, I look forewrd to this very much. Avoir une bonne journée a tous! or as we say, just simple "Bonne Journée"! :smile:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Eureka175 wrote: »
    http://halls.md/average-height-weight-charts/

Op, is this the halls website you are referring to?

.. what the hell did I just read?

I just can't.

*headdesk*
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Umm.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OP, I just want to Validate Your Life and tell you that you have an Amazing House with 3 floors to dust, complete with gen-u-wine authentically French stone stairs. Your meals sound super-awesome and so does your life. Shame you don't have time to address the substance of anyone else's posts but it's so cool that you have an ipad. I wish I had one.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    OP I am 51 years old and have been maintaining for over a year on a net amount of 1710
    I admit I don't do much exercise so the actual amount is still well under 2000

I am nearly 5 ft 4 in tall and weigh 62 kg. am not sure how much this is in lb.'s but it does give me a BMI of around 23. Well within the healthy range but by no means thin.

Am I planning to do this for rest of my life ? - well, yes, that is the plan
    Depending how things go I may not keep logging ( although at this stage I intend to) but logging is only a means to an end, I do intend to continue consuming about this amount and staying at about this weight.

Given that my weight has stayed stable on this, one would assume it is the correct calorie level for me- and it is simply MFP's number for someone my size and lightly active.
    Incidentally I once did one of those body measurement things which gave me a BMR of 1320. Of course I am more active than a person in a coma so that brings the level up to 1710.

I do not find this particularly restrictive nor am I usually hungry.
    Nor do I have any medical conditions.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    boxfish100 wrote: »
    OP, I just want to Validate Your Life and tell you that you have an Amazing House with 3 floors to dust, complete with gen-u-wine authentically French stone stairs. Your meals sound super-awesome and so does your life. Shame you don't have time to address the substance of anyone else's posts but it's so cool that you have an ipad. I wish I had one.
    2nxyxgvxun6k.gif

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    A new day brings the next Twilight Zone worthy post from the OP.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    cloudi2 wrote: »
    Goodmorning Everyone!!! Thanks to you who have taken the time to post anything here last night. :smile: I won't be able to respond this morning, as today, besides the daily normal walking up the hill to stand in line with everyone else in the village to purchase the obligatory baguette and maybe have croissant and coffee this is my day to clean the house!As it is a three story stone house with stone stairs and plenty of dusting I've left far too long this will take some time. Then as every day I enjoy to do the food prep of all the fresh veggies for the day and make the main mid day meal, today we have fresh cod fillets, breaded and fried in olove oil. I wouldn't be getting back to the ipad until later I am reasonably sure.
    Looks like a lot to respond too, I look forewrd to this very much. Avoir une bonne journée a tous! or as we say, just simple "Bonne Journée"! :smile:

Well, here I am quoting myself!!! I said I would be back this afternoon and here it is 4:30! I am later than I thought i would be, but its a beautriful day, sun, warm and everyone is out walking around the docks and the bridge. its been a few rainky cloud type days, so I coildnt resist to stroll on the road that winds along the river. I heard a woodpecker, saw a lizard in the rocks and two ladies walking a dog said "hi"to me, well, to be honest, after I said "good afternoon" to them they said "hello" in English too to me. :smile: I sato. A bench for awhile newr the road u de some big trees and listened to the birds, A lot of cormerants and some herrons live near where I was sitting.

So, onward! I am looking forward to reading all the new posts now.

• Gamliela
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Why on earth would anyone go to the trouble of losing weight if they weren't intending to maintain it?? What an odd, odd thread.

Yes, it is strange. When I did the my great diet to lose weight I actually was so naiff that I thought once the weight came off I could just go back to eating whatever I used to do and I would stay smaller! :blush:

odd threads abound!

Gets stranger by the minute or at least every time the OP replies. Trolling going here!!!

Thanks for commenting on my naivity! I really hadnt had a clue about losing weight and I didnt understand that I wouldnt be able to eat my old normal amounts and stay slim once I wanted to 'maintain' the skinny.

• Gamliela
    Options
    rllove88 wrote: »
    The op just wants to justify the fact that they are overweight by claiming it is unhealthy to eat less that 2000 cals.

So far they have yet to provide a single link to back up their claims, not surprising as they are nonsense.

I completely agree. The OP was making the same claims on another thread and when I brought up the accurate information and asked for sources I got the same responses.

OP just wants someone to tell her it's ok to be overweight and that she should continue eating whatever she wants. It's pretty clear from her posts. And all the citing of this "research" sounds delusional.

Actually, if you want us to research your claims ourselves, what is the name of the female researcher you are referring to? Let me guess, you don't have time to post that?
    I am barely in the overweight bmi range. i choose to be here, I am eating 2300 a day to stay here, and some days its not easy to eat that much actually. I have my own justification for this from research I have read, no just one artical. But the things I have read from one particular author have lengthy bibliographies amd I am not in a position to look at all the research and post links. Its not new research, I am gathering that some of you have heard about these findings before. Even some news articles have covered it, especially in UK news. It wont be hard to locate.

Thanks for your criticism!

tumblr_m1kgvl1S791qzjidwo1_250_zpsoexroyg4.gif

Gambling here?

Only with caloric intake and what of the steaks?

I'm completely shocked to find that you're still unwilling to provide the name of the researcher. Completely. Shocked.

eta: I also find it completely telling that you don't have time to find your sources but you do have time to repeatedly come back and respond to this thread and your others.

Its not so much the time, its as I said a few times, the paper I read has several references in it which all together suggest my reasons for decideing to add weight and eat 2300 calories and remain at what is considered the low overweight range. The references would require a lot of time, and honestly I dont want to do it. I am more interested in real peoples experiences with maintaining.

Thanks for reading here and responding consistently! :smile:

• Gamliela
    Options
    KnM0107 wrote: »
    I eat over 3,000 to maintain a body weight of 144lbs (maintained a 127lbs loss for over a year. 2000 calores would be harsh a deficit for me. Do you happen to follow Linda Bacon? The op seems very HAES and Linda is worshiped over there. She has never mentioned 2000 calories, but feels that people in the overweight category are healthier. She also speaks about people eating too few calories and gaining weight...

That's probqbly more to the topic I think. " worshiped over there" where is it?
    I'll google Linda Bacon. thank you.

You are the first one to post what I expected most inactive women under 25 or inactive men to be eating ( over 3000) but you are the first, I'm pretty sure, to post this.

Thanks for adding it to the thread! :smile:

No inactive women eat over 2000 to maintain. Logic and science contradict you at every turn.

Yes, in fact many do eat over 2000 calories and maintain their weight ! I eat 2300 and I maintwin and I am at the inactive status. Thanks for your input.:-)
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I eat over 3,000 to maintain a body weight of 144lbs (maintained a 127lbs loss for over a year. 2000 calores would be harsh a deficit for me. Do you happen to follow Linda Bacon? The op seems very HAES and Linda is worshiped over there. She has never mentioned 2000 calories, but feels that people in the overweight category are healthier. She also speaks about people eating too few calories and gaining weight...

You are the first one to post what I expected most inactive women under 25 or inactive men to be eating ( over 3000) but you are the first, I'm pretty sure, to post this.

No inactive women eat over 2000 to maintain. Logic and science contradict you at every turn.

Unless they would rather stay in the obese category (my current inactive maintenance at 35.5 MBI is slightly less than 2000). Being obese is unhealthy by all standards and according to every research on the matter, including the ones OP is referring to.

Thank you for writing this!!!! :smile:

I'm not obese myself, so I can't speak from experience about that. I was always in the normal bmi range until this last 6 months, now I am in th low 'overweight' category for bmi.
    I maintain by eating 2300 calories, sometimes a couple of hundred more if I feel hungrier.

I wish you the best of health. :smile:

• brianpperkins
    Options
    Let's see ... your BMI increased over the past 6 months, therefore you either gained weight or lost height. If you're gaining weight, you are not maintaining.

Again, you contradict yourself. Logic is not your strength.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

Yes, in fact many do eat over 2000 calories and maintain their weight ! I eat 2300 and I maintwin and I am at the inactive status. Thanks for your input.:-)
    Personally, I have no desire to be overweight and inactive. But you do you :smile:
  • Gamliela
    Options
    rllove88 wrote: »
    The op just wants to justify the fact that they are overweight by claiming it is unhealthy to eat less that 2000 cals.

So far they have yet to provide a single link to back up their claims, not surprising as they are nonsense.

I completely agree. The OP was making the same claims on another thread and when I brought up the accurate information and asked for sources I got the same responses.

OP just wants someone to tell her it's ok to be overweight and that she should continue eating whatever she wants. It's pretty clear from her posts. And all the citing of this "research" sounds delusional.

Actually, if you want us to research your claims ourselves, what is the name of the female researcher you are referring to? Let me guess, you don't have time to post that?
    I am barely in the overweight bmi range. i choose to be here, I am eating 2300 a day to stay here, and some days its not easy to eat that much actually. I have my own justification for this from research I have read, no just one artical. But the things I have read from one particular author have lengthy bibliographies amd I am not in a position to look at all the research and post links. Its not new research, I am gathering that some of you have heard about these findings before. Even some news articles have covered it, especially in UK news. It wont be hard to locate.

Thanks for your criticism!

Hi

I wonder if I could get you to maybe look at this from a different angle to the BMI one.

I would like to work out (with your permission) your body fat percentage, to see if that is in the healthy range?

All I would need is your weight,height, wrist measurement, hip, waist (at naval) measurement.
    I would be able to tell you what your BF percentage is which is a far better indicator of health than the BMI index which takes no account of the composition of the person.

Are you up for a bit of open mindedness?

That will be the day! when 65 year olds start posting their stats on social web sites!!! LOLLLLLL!

Just pm me. Your BMI says you're overweight, and if you aren't very active then you could be in a high bf range which you should be aware of (and other readers) brings a risk of many health complaints.

I'm 45 and have no issue in posting my photo and stats, because I know I'm in good physical shape. This isn't a social website, it's a website about health and fitness so forgive us if we are disagreeing with your idea that being overweight is in any way healthy. People are reading these threads all the time looking for guidance. You are just giving a distorted point of view.

I am happy as I am today. My health is good, Medical careis free at my age here in France and I was last at my doctor in the fall for a flu shot. i am not doing formal excersize but I do a lot every day. I play accordion, am out in fresh air and must do a bit of walking because I live in a medieval hill town where most streets ar too narrow for cars and to get groceries and bread every day we must walk. I know many people other places do strong yoga and go to the gym, I cantstwnd gyms. So stinky and metalic. Bleck! But again, I appreeciate so much your concerns for me. My waist to hip thing is really good, funny, its even better at this weightthan ever before! Its surprizing me!

I love thwt you care for my healthiness! Thwnks again. Sorry for the many many mistakes in spelling, I am typing as fast as I can! :smile:

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Actually you are not inactive. You've stated several time you walk a lot and carry your accordion around.

That is not the definition of inactive.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Actually you are not inactive. You've stated several time you walk a lot and carry your accordion around.

That is not the definition of inactive.

Maybe that is inactive for a troll.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    This thread is still showing up in my I feed... I can't believe it is still going..

I guess I will get another day of entertainment at work, while trying really hard to not look!

I aim to be useful, if this is entertaining, that's even better!!! :smile:

If you wanted to be useful you would provide a link to the research, or at least the name of the researcher. You've repeatedly refused.

If you wanted to be useful, you wouldn't keep changing your story and denying your past comments.

Your behavior shows you aren't here to be useful.

I think you have said something true about this thread. i posted the question because I am curious to know from real people about theirmaintenance after dieting, how much, are they happy at it, do they feel good, are they healthy eating less acfter dieting. This is what interests me and thwt is why I postd the thread.
    I think I said that about aiming to ve useful just to lighten up and be funny because there are so mny people posting and I want to answer with something nice everytime. :-)

• Gamliela
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    I can't believe I just read 13 pages...I should of been working!

Uh oh, this is bad. i hope you don't get caught onMFP by your manager or whoever is in the capacity to know! Bless you and your job forever! I love your picture. :smile:

• jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Well, here I am quoting myself!!! I said I would be back this afternoon and here it is 4:30! I am later than I thought i would be, but its a beautriful day, sun, warm and everyone is out walking around the docks and the bridge. its been a few rainky cloud type days, so I coildnt resist to stroll on the road that winds along the river. I heard a woodpecker, saw a lizard in the rocks and two ladies walking a dog said "hi"to me, well, to be honest, after I said "good afternoon" to them they said "hello" in English too to me. :smile: I sato. A bench for awhile newr the road u de some big trees and listened to the birds, A lot of cormerants and some herrons live near where I was sitting.

So, onward! I am looking forward to reading all the new posts now.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone... I can envision your day like a french movie paying in the background and I'm sure you'd make a great pen pal. :)