So for those maintaining below 2000/day, is this a lifetime commitment?

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

u6cwgm21o504.jpg

And it keep going and going!!

It is a train wreck, you know you shouldn't look but you just can't look away!
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

But, but, in this one the poster is 65 and used to be underweight and in the other one she's 20 and overweight. Totally different. Like opposites. Couldn't be the same. No way, no how. Total coincidence that both have landed on the idea that all adult humans need to eat at least 2000 calories a day for health. And how lucky is it that the other poster just posted today? It's like a miracle.
  • christineb1975
    christineb1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Completely new to the forums, but wanted to share that I've kept 80 pounds off for over 20 years by watching what I eat 80% of the time which includes eating about 1600 calories per day give or take a few calories - but am fairly active ( walk a lot every day, climb stairs, Chase toddler and workout 3 times per week)

There are certainly days I go over 2000 calories but those are rare (maybe 1 day per month, if that)

So yes I'm committed to keeping the weight off forever and if that means I should eat only 1600 calories to do it, then so be it.

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    2000 calories is hardly low. I'm eating a huge bowl of curried shrimp and vegetables and it's under 150 calories. I'm going for 1700 per day until I reach the muscley look I want and I will have to increase at some point. I mean, if one is eating 2000 calories of not nutrient dense food, then one will be hungry since the amount of food will be little. I can eat 2000 calories in three pieces of popeyes chicken.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I love maths and science. :heart:

Me one....I mean too...I mean TWO.

• rllove88
    Options
    The op just wants to justify the fact that they are overweight by claiming it is unhealthy to eat less that 2000 cals.

So far they have yet to provide a single link to back up their claims, not surprising as they are nonsense.

I completely agree. The OP was making the same claims on another thread and when I brought up the accurate information and asked for sources I got the same responses.

OP just wants someone to tell her it's ok to be overweight and that she should continue eating whatever she wants. It's pretty clear from her posts. And all the citing of this "research" sounds delusional.

Actually, if you want us to research your claims ourselves, what is the name of the female researcher you are referring to? Let me guess, you don't have time to post that?
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »

But, but, in this one the poster is 65 and used to be underweight and in the other one she's 20 and overweight. Totally different. Like opposites. Couldn't be the same. No way, no how. Total coincidence that both have landed on the idea that all adult humans need to eat at least 2000 calories a day for health. And how lucky is it that the other poster just posted today? It's like a miracle.

The plot thickens!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Its not me but I'll probably be watching that one myself! Wish I was 20 again with all I know now.:-)

• Gamliela
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Completely new to the forums, but wanted to share that I've kept 80 pounds off for over 20 years by watching what I eat 80% of the time which includes eating about 1600 calories per day give or take a few calories - but am fairly active ( walk a lot every day, climb stairs, Chase toddler and workout 3 times per week)

There are certainly days I go over 2000 calories but those are rare (maybe 1 day per month, if that)

So yes I'm committed to keeping the weight off forever and if that means I should eat only 1600 calories to do it, then so be it.

Thanks for adding to the group of those who are willing to continue to eat calorie amounts under 2000 for the rest of their lives. The number of those who do as you are planning to do is growing here.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    ValGogo wrote: »
    2000 calories is hardly low. I'm eating a huge bowl of curried shrimp and vegetables and it's under 150 calories. I'm going for 1700 per day until I reach the muscley look I want and I will have to increase at some point. I mean, if one is eating 2000 calories of not nutrient dense food, then one will be hungry since the amount of food will be little. I can eat 2000 calories in three pieces of popeyes chicken.

Hi Valgo, A jar of peanut butter could easily do for the day! If I'm getting your point it depends on the type of food, if its dense with calories or not. I really agree with this. 2000 can be too much if its all raw veg and fruit, IMO, some things could fill me up in 2 minutes, others I could munch on all day.
    Its an interesting journy aye?
  • Gamliela
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »

The plot thickens!

Its not me, but I'm interested in that other thread, of I could get some time to read it!

• Gamliela
    Options
    rllove88 wrote: »
    The op just wants to justify the fact that they are overweight by claiming it is unhealthy to eat less that 2000 cals.

So far they have yet to provide a single link to back up their claims, not surprising as they are nonsense.

I completely agree. The OP was making the same claims on another thread and when I brought up the accurate information and asked for sources I got the same responses.

OP just wants someone to tell her it's ok to be overweight and that she should continue eating whatever she wants. It's pretty clear from her posts. And all the citing of this "research" sounds delusional.

Actually, if you want us to research your claims ourselves, what is the name of the female researcher you are referring to? Let me guess, you don't have time to post that?
    I am barely in the overweight bmi range. i choose to be here, I am eating 2300 a day to stay here, and some days its not easy to eat that much actually. I have my own justification for this from research I have read, no just one artical. But the things I have read from one particular author have lengthy bibliographies amd I am not in a position to look at all the research and post links. Its not new research, I am gathering that some of you have heard about these findings before. Even some news articles have covered it, especially in UK news. It wont be hard to locate.

Thanks for your criticism!

• Gamliela
    Options
    Chigurl28 wrote: »
    Hi,
    based on my targeted period + potential weight loss to be achieved, I am on 1280 calories/day. I have only had double that calorie intake once when I visited both kfc n McDonald's. I want to continue it for a very long time, to the point where I'm acclamatised to eating only when I need to n wisely too.
    Low calorie intake should be done with some protein, fruits and veges as part of the day's menu. You could never go wrong nutrition-wise.
    I must confess I started with the Cambridge weight plan where I was on 810kcals/day. So this is me taking my time now yet staying on track...hopefully.
    P.S: with the CWP, lost 6kg in 3weeks!

OK great for posting this! Another vote for " yes! I am willing to do less than 2000 a day to keep my weight down."

Its really becoming clear that a lot, maybe MOST of us MPF'ers are willing to keep restricting calories under 2000 a day, isnt it?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    have i missed the flogging a dead horse gif!?
  • Hungrydesperado
    Hungrydesperado Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cloudi2 wrote: »
    I'm curious to know if those who maintain at lower than 2000 a day are happy with that and are you planning to continue it for life. If not what is your plan and do you think that low calorie maintenance will have an impact on you health?

Monday to Friday I find its easier to maintain at 2,000 and below with the routine of work.

Saturday and Sunday I wouldn't maintain but wouldn't binge either.

Only record on MVP Monday to Friday (when I should be working!).

Americano's/Black Coffee really helps me on my low calorie days but the most important thing is to have a strong mind.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I am barely in the overweight bmi range. i choose to be here, I am eating 2300 a day to stay here, and some days its not easy to eat that much actually. I have my own justification for this from research I have read, no just one artical. But the things I have read from one particular author have lengthy bibliographies amd I am not in a position to look at all the research and post links. Its not new research, I am gathering that some of you have heard about these findings before. Even some news articles have covered it, especially in UK news. It wont be hard to locate.

tumblr_m1kgvl1S791qzjidwo1_250_zpsoexroyg4.gif
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi

I wonder if I could get you to maybe look at this from a different angle to the BMI one.

I would like to work out (with your permission) your body fat percentage, to see if that is in the healthy range?

All I would need is your weight,height, wrist measurement, hip, waist (at naval) measurement.
    I would be able to tell you what your BF percentage is which is a far better indicator of health than the BMI index which takes no account of the composition of the person.

Are you up for a bit of open mindedness?

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Chigurl28 wrote: »
    Hi,
    based on my targeted period + potential weight loss to be achieved, I am on 1280 calories/day. I have only had double that calorie intake once when I visited both kfc n McDonald's. I want to continue it for a very long time, to the point where I'm acclamatised to eating only when I need to n wisely too.
    Low calorie intake should be done with some protein, fruits and veges as part of the day's menu. You could never go wrong nutrition-wise.
    I must confess I started with the Cambridge weight plan where I was on 810kcals/day. So this is me taking my time now yet staying on track...hopefully.
    P.S: with the CWP, lost 6kg in 3weeks!

OK great for posting this! Another vote for " yes! I am willing to do less than 2000 a day to keep my weight down."

Its really becoming clear that a lot, maybe MOST of us MPF'ers are willing to keep restricting calories under 2000 a day, isnt it?

Again, it's not RESTRICTING if that is how much energy is needed to MAINTAIN a certain weight. You can't teach your body to absorb more calories. You can just be more active or burn a handful more calories with muscle that you have added, it's not like we've CHOSEN to follow the LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS.

People quite often get their TDEE wrong, either way.

When you've meticulously weighed everything,got your average weekly weight and measurements, and stabilised for a good few weeks, you can say that you've found your set point. Mine is 1750 without exercise, a bit higher than the good calculators sedentary numbers for my size, age and weight coz I am active outside my exercise too. I then add my exercise calories and eat em all up! I quite often go into the mid 2000s, but I am still always a bit hungry. I was always a bit hungry when I was 5 stone higher too. That is maintenance unfortunately. Getting pretty darn hungry before meals.

• Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I say, congrats to the OP for sticking in there and answering all those comments! I don't agree with you OP (and I'm a doctor) but you sure have some staying power!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would anyone go to the trouble of losing weight if they weren't intending to maintain it?? What an odd, odd thread.