Yeah...I'm THAT person at the gym..

Options

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I walked up to a chick once and said she was going beast mode and totally inspired me! I'll go out of my way to tell you that you rock!!
  • CrabCatcher
    CrabCatcher Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    walldancer wrote: »
    I was venting, but thanks for your criticism..mr flexing in the mirror selfie pic :)
    ummm OK ….thanks…

don't want to call attention to yourself, but you post a thread calling attention to yourself….

hmmm yea, I was not the one saying I am not trying to call attention to myself....

we get it, you are the bad *kitten* in the gym that everyone complains about...

This guy is a major troll, just ignore him.

Walldancer, you are awesome in my opinion. Some people get jealous of heavy lifting, You have to just ignore those haters. They just wish they could be like you. Those that whine about grunting or other noises should take their sorry *kitten* back home to workout.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    If you know who complained, Lift and grunt louder when she is around.

Even if you don't know who complained - keep lifting and keep grunting.

You go girl.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ironic post is ironic post...
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with people who might groan or grunt because they are lifting heavy. I have a problem with people who do it totally for attention. You can tell who they are though.

I did get a kick out of the guy taking a selfie of the back of his head while on the treadmill. I guess to prove he was on treadmill when there was 8 inches of snow outside? IDK

I also get a kick out of the guy who is obviously watching his muscle, not his form, in the mirror.

The only thing bothering me at the gym, is the guy sitting on a machine for 10 minutes on his phone during a crowded time. I am shy and its hard for me to ask someone if I can cut in. I don't mind if you are obviously doing sets, but some people just sit forever.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ummm OK ….thanks…

don't want to call attention to yourself, but you post a thread calling attention to yourself….
    Yeah...

If you don't want to be the center of attention, don't be. Now, if you want to be, then well done! :)
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Guess who in this thread are chronic complainers
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was venting, but thanks for your criticism..mr flexing in the mirror selfie pic :)
    ummm OK ….thanks…

hmmm yea, I was not the one saying I am not trying to call attention to myself....

Walldancer, you are awesome in my opinion. Some people get jealous of heavy lifting, You have to just ignore those haters. They just wish they could be like you. Those that whine about grunting or other noises should take their sorry *kitten* back home to workout.

Um. no he's not a troll.

humble brag post is a humble brag post.

Sorry not sorry that we call it like it is.

Good for her she's lifting- it's a none issue if she's grunting- lots of people grunt.
    -
    she's not special for it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ummm OK ….thanks…

Um. no he's not a troll.

humble brag post is a humble brag post.

Sorry not sorry that we call it like it is.

Good for her she's lifting- it's a none issue if she's grunting- lots of people grunt.
    -
    she's not special for it.

<3 So much this.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If I were the gym owner, I’d have a whole series of questions for the woman that complained. Exactly what bothers you about someone grunting when they lift? Would you have the same feelings if they were talking on the phone and you could hear them? Are you offended when men grunt? Have you ever exerted yourself to a point you had to gasp, grunt or growl?

Then finally, have you heard of Planet Fitness? There’s one two miles that way, I won’t charge you to cancel your contract.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    you know..the one who lifts so hard and heavy im panting, sweating, and groaning. I lift to exhaustion to build muscle. This takes effort and I don't seem to be able to do it silently with a pretty smile. Sorry if that offends people. I do t make a spectacle, and I usually go to the gym after hours (I have a key as I know the owner) so I can work out solo and not have to worry about it. If I have to go during regular hours I try to go when its least busy. Oddly enough..men do t seem to care if you make noise and look terrible and in pain when you lift..but oh the ladies..they really seem to be offended.

Just letting you know. The last thing I want to do is call attention to myself. I just want to work out and get out. I wipe down my machines, don't superset hog and I'm always willing to spot someone if they need it. Please cut is noisy lifters some slack, and turn up your iPod :)

What was the point? Given you have no indication where you are located I'm not sure why this message was necessary.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ummm OK ….thanks…

so pointing out irony = trolling...??

• TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    you know..the one who lifts so hard and heavy im panting, sweating, and groaning. I lift to exhaustion to build muscle. This takes effort and I don't seem to be able to do it silently with a pretty smile. Sorry if that offends people. I do t make a spectacle, and I usually go to the gym after hours (I have a key as I know the owner) so I can work out solo and not have to worry about it. If I have to go during regular hours I try to go when its least busy. Oddly enough..men do t seem to care if you make noise and look terrible and in pain when you lift..but oh the ladies..they really seem to be offended.

Just letting you know. The last thing I want to do is call attention to myself. I just want to work out and get out. I wipe down my machines, don't superset hog and I'm always willing to spot someone if they need it. Please cut is noisy lifters some slack, and turn up your iPod :)

Good for you. I dont think it offends, it just annoys, but annoying someone aint a crime, its just like using your phone in a restaurant

Personally too each his/her own
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    ummm OK ….thanks…

Shhh-Hungover-GIF.gif

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ummm OK ….thanks…

Careful with the name calling there. It's not allowed in this forum.
    Might want to fix it.

@davis_em‌

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I avoid the gym at all costs because running outside beats the hamster wheel any day. The end.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    must not be a lady cause i really don't care what you do in the gym, I'm too busy focused on what i am doing,
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I'll do the same thing and get looks if I grunt or something (not even loud) when I'm trying to deadlift 405lb or something and I just want to be like, come over here and try it yourself and see if you can be silent...
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough..men do t seem to care if you make noise and look terrible and in pain when you lift..but oh the ladies..they really seem to be offended.
    I wish! And thank you for the kind words. No....one woman actually complained to the gym management.:(

Just because one woman said something doesn't mean she speaks for all other women at the gym. Just like you don't speak for all other women at the gym.

There are a lot of women who lift these days. It's one thing to vent about one person, and another thing to blame one gender entirely. Rather than perpetuating stereotypes by alienating "other girls", why not try to be inclusive to other women who do share your passions?