FORTY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    40? Damn, you're still in diapers! LOL!!! I'll be 61 next month and loving every minute of it! :)
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    bekim123 wrote: »
    I just have to smile at all the messages from you young pups. I always go with the idea, "how old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"

Ohhh I dont know about that.. by looks, I often get mistaken for mid to late 20's. As a matter of fact, my 27yo neighbor was trying to hit on me, and his face went pale when I clarified that the 18yo I lived with was my daughter, not my roommate.

Mentally, I feel like Im in my late 20's / early 30's...

Physically...I can definitely tell that there are some things that are in no way just as easy for me to do now as it was when I was in my 20s. And I dont mean just fitness wise...my knees sound like rice crispies when I walk up stairs, I dont have as much patience as I used to and get stressed out 10x as fast, just...random things that remind me oooh yeah, Im not 20 anymore.

Not that its not a bad thing! Just, progression through life...it is what it is!
  • glwage
    glwage Posts: 375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm still getting that, "you're how old?!" reaction at 60 so fear not the number!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    It's just a number and means nothing to me.
  • Johnny_Resets
    Johnny_Resets Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @Chaelaz‌ grow up. This is a serious discussion

On a serious note while my eyes changed to old people eyes the week before I turned 40 I was told last year that I was doing my most favourite thing ever better than I was in me teens so really any age is whatever you make of it. Better to live life to its fullest than dwell on bygone days.

I feel the same way @Alisontheice‌ and had the same epiphany about my most favorite thing to do. Feeling much fitter, stronger, and more positive & smarter about tomorrow than yesterday so yeah, every age is what you make of it. Don't look back...
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    40? Damn, you're still in diapers! LOL!!! I'll be 61 next month and loving every minute of it! :)

Dude...that was just one time at one party and those pics were private...I guess the cloud isn't safe
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    harvo wrote: »

Dude...that was just one time at one party and those pics were private...I guess the cloud isn't safe

No kidding! Move the pics NOW!!! That was the best party EVAH!!!
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    40 sounds like the age everyone figures their life out.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Now that I am down 55 pounds I feel much better and more positive at 47 than I did at 40.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    pechepanda wrote: »

The hilarity is... most of my friends are turning / just turned 40...and we're pretty much in a panic because yeah, *seems* like an age we should have it all figured out. Instead, feels like we should be waaaay futher in life than we are... Its pretty much the topic of all our happy hours nowadays.

Ive already done the marriage thing and my daughter will be off to college in the Fall, so Im sort of like.. okaaaaay, what do I do with myself now? What happens now?

Meanwhile, my never-married and childless friends are all.. OMG I need to get married and have a baby and figure out what I want to be when I grow up!!!! LoL
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    While you're worried about a number, I'm over here worrying if this food is going to be enough to feed my hangry behind LOL
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    @Chaelaz‌ grow up. This is a serious discussion

@Alisontheice‌ Seriousness leads to stress and ages people much quicker. If that works for you, great. I prefer humor and light-hearted fun.

The OP knows.

• AmyTCaldwell
    AmyTCaldwell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lordy,lordy,look who's 40, .....40 is the new 20. When I turned 40 3 years ago,I thought it was the end of the world,then I realized, I was soooooo wrong, you just get out there and flaunt what your mama,gave you.#1.. you are absolutely stunning.#2.you have your health,#3 keep up the milkshakin and bring all the boys to the yard.:-) :-) :-)
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last month. Honest it didn't bother me. Just a number. I'm still going strong. :)
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    @Chaelaz‌ I am probably one of the least stressed, most light of heart people around. In the humour, fun Olympics you wouldn't stand a chance. Just sayin

@harvo‌ the cloud isn't safe for anything. I don't know you and even I've seen the pics.

• aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and I can say with all confidence as you get older one cares less and less what people think. You feel life shortening and learn to make life count! Learning to be healthy and happy is the goal.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I don't remember turning 40 :-)
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    pechepanda wrote: »

The hilarity is... most of my friends are turning / just turned 40...and we're pretty much in a panic because yeah, *seems* like an age we should have it all figured out. Instead, feels like we should be waaaay futher in life than we are... Its pretty much the topic of all our happy hours nowadays.

Ive already done the marriage thing and my daughter will be off to college in the Fall, so Im sort of like.. okaaaaay, what do I do with myself now? What happens now?

Meanwhile, my never-married and childless friends are all.. OMG I need to get married and have a baby and figure out what I want to be when I grow up!!!! LoL
    everyone I know whose 40 seems wise and is always telling me how not to mess up my 20s, though I guess thats cause theyve already been 20, people who are 60 probably tell them how not to mess up their 40s?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm not 40 yet. I'm 37. I'm not worried about 40.
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    Lordy,lordy,look who's 40, .....40 is the new 20. When I turned 40 3 years ago,I thought it was the end of the world,then I realized, I was soooooo wrong, you just get out there and flaunt what your mama,gave you.#1.. you are absolutely stunning.#2.you have your health,#3 keep up the milkshakin and bring all the boys to the yard.:-) :-) :-)

+1