Not much different than the 30's were to me
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    pechepanda wrote: »
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    pechepanda wrote: »
    40 sounds like the age everyone figures their life out.

The hilarity is... most of my friends are turning / just turned 40...and we're pretty much in a panic because yeah, *seems* like an age we should have it all figured out. Instead, feels like we should be waaaay futher in life than we are... Its pretty much the topic of all our happy hours nowadays.

Ive already done the marriage thing and my daughter will be off to college in the Fall, so Im sort of like.. okaaaaay, what do I do with myself now? What happens now?

Meanwhile, my never-married and childless friends are all.. OMG I need to get married and have a baby and figure out what I want to be when I grow up!!!! LoL
    everyone I know whose 40 seems wise and is always telling me how not to mess up my 20s, though I guess thats cause theyve already been 20, people who are 60 probably tell them how not to mess up their 40s?

Haha well, for sure, I often see people in their 20s as adorable and just getting their life started... I can kind of see how wed come off as wise since yeah we have been where you are, but we are still trying to figure out what we're doing at the phase of life where we are now.

My big sister just hit 50, and I cant think of a single phase of our lives where she didnt seem to always have all the answers...as far as Im concerned, she is the smartest, wisest person who can fix anything and handle anything in the world...even though Im pretty sure at some (many) points between the age of 12 and 50 she didnt feel very wise. Perception is everything :blush:

Btw, most of what I hear from people over 60 is to live it up and enjoy my youth while I can. I swear, if I were to really take the advice of most of my friends / people in that age group...Id end up in jail, and all theyd have to say about it is..but did you have fun?!!! Aye... LoL
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    A wise friend in her 60s just told me that if she had it to do over again, she'd never go all the way back to 20, but she'd love to start at 40.

Forty is where many of us are stable and smart enough to have as much fun as possible without losing any friends or going to jail for it. Also, there's a nice balance at 40 between clean family fun and the kind of fun you don't necessarily tell your kids all about ... ;)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Oh, geez. Get over it. Eventually you will be 60.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    going to be 44 this year. i have no problem with my age and actually since i started exercising its just made me feel younger. I learnt to ride a push bike two years ago, so am not letting anything stop me. Even started to wear a bikini ha.

Enjoy your 40's dont let a number hold you back.
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    They say life begins at 40 :D
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    @Chaelaz‌ grow up. This is a serious discussion

@Alisontheice‌ Seriousness leads to stress and ages people much quicker. If that works for you, great. I prefer humor and light-hearted fun.

The OP knows.

Chael, you definitely know how to have a good time. LOL!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options

^^I think this one sums it up.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Chael, you definitely know how to have a good time. LOL!

Hush you. I am into younger women. :p

Though...nice legs.

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    And I will make this my one serious answer for today.

Here is a blog post I did this week about getting older.

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45 - so far the 40s have been kind to me, I do everything that I've always done, but have more knowledge/wisdom/resources, which seem to make life a bit more smoother than when I was in my 20s and 30s

I actually feel like a fraud - people see a 40+ year old guy that is all responsible and serious most of the time, but I'm still just a silly teenage boy inside that has learned to (mostly) suppress my immature and obnoxious urges :)
  • Johnny_Resets
    Johnny_Resets Posts: 8 Member
    Options

^^I think this one sums it up.

You know actually, 39 was worse for me than 40 but past 40, and past 50 has been a walk in the park. Each year gets better and it's like a walk in the park. Hope you do get naps haha... but don't sweat it... @47Jacqueline‌ is onto something... this MFP thing is helping us all eat right and exercise so that will keep everybody young forever :) Happy Birthday to you when the time comes :smile:
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    29 was my worst. I literally thought I'd wake up and be a puddle. 40…easy. 41 easier. I told someone today my group needs more young people, she said she's 43, I said ya young people. Before I start sounding like a motivational poster, it's inevitable we all age. My grandma lived to be 102. I've got a lot more years to go might as well make them AMAZING. (oh and when you see 80 year old ladies on the ice in their skating dresses being partnered by the young hot coaches you realize, being older ain't so bad after all)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Well, what an interesting day for this to get started again.....
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Seriously tho...*bump
  • sweetandsassyred
    sweetandsassyred Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Hey I am about to be turning 43 and I don't think it's that bad. I feel better now about myself then I did back in my 20's. Love it woman it's happening anyway; so own it and be proud.
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have finally reached the BIG DAY. I'm waiting on the infinite wisdom and the desire to be an adult to hit me. My birth certificate might say I'm forty, but my head says I'm 25.
  • BigEdge
    BigEdge Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I have finally reached the BIG DAY. I'm waiting on the infinite wisdom and the desire to be an adult to hit me. My birth certificate might say I'm forty, but my head says I'm 25.

I am with you dear- I have you beat by almost 12 years, and still feel like I'm around thirty-
  • purplerosemfp
    purplerosemfp Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get back in shape before the big 40 .. but i only got half way there before i had to put all exercise and efforts on hold for a year .. i turned 40 in feb and i intend to get healthy and back in shape before im 41 lol

It aint so bad hun.. its just a number.. i have 4 young adults and 2 grand kids i still dont feel 40 and can out last any 20-30 year old on a night out ... your as old as you feel ;)
  • Alisontheice
    Options

Happy Birthday!