The Gym is great for people watching!!

Options

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    There is the awkward talking man. Where no matter how hard he is working out or YOU are working out he can carry a conversation and expects you to do the same. And USUALLY starts a conversation by announcing "MY BUTT HURTS. Did you hear me? I said MY BUTT HURTS!!!" At which point I'm sweating, gasping for air and laughing my now sore butt off.

BAHAHA I hope I never run into a guy like that. I'd deck him for messing up my concentration. lol
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    OK, never popped in here....or if I have I don't recall... Perhaps it's the gym I go to or simply the times I go but I seem to be missing much of this crazy action that's shared on here:tongue: Call me lucky? I dunno...

But yesterday I was there particularly early and had my first experience (at the gym!:wink::laugh: ) with a grunting man as He was working hard on crunches/planks you name it, he was kicking' Butt. I will be honest... and it certainly could have been my mood but....ahhhhh:blushing: it rather turned me on at the time:laugh: I suppose that sounds like an odd reaction compared to those other posts on here getting annoyed by it... like I said, perhaps it was my mood simply because it was my first gym-grunting experience.:tongue::laugh: But had I heard it from the neighbors I wouldn't have pinned it to someone doing crunches etc.:smokin:

But I'm odd that way, I go do my thing at the gym and am floored by all the hard work everyone around me is doing, always impressed and inspired. Never had anyone peek over at my machine to check out my speed/distance...but then if they ever did, I doubt I would notice. I'm very much in a zone when I workout...perhaps again...lucky for me?

Some of these stories on here sound frighteningly uncomfortable.:glasses: :laugh:

So far nothing to complain about and I've been going for 3 years now...oh and I'm the one chewing the gum, it keeps my anxiety level down in life and keeps me in the zone:blushing: :laugh:

Oops..OK, I thought of one...dropping the weights (machines) does make me cringe..BANG, bang! ...as I know it's not great for the machine and it's something I'm highly sensitive to trying not to do but it does happen at times even when I'm careful at the end of my last set. OK, so that's all I got....:tongue:

Whatever it takes for me to get in my workouts and get healthy...I'm all for it.
    Cheers to those of you suffering some of these wild experiences:drinker:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

But yesterday I was there particularly early and had my first experience (at the gym!:wink::laugh: ) with a grunting man as He was working hard on crunches/planks you name it, he was kicking' Butt. I will be honest... and it certainly could have been my mood but....ahhhhh:blushing: it rather turned me on at the time:laugh: I suppose that sounds like an odd reaction compared to those other posts on here getting annoyed by it... like I said, perhaps it was my mood simply because it was my first gym-grunting experience.:tongue::laugh: But had I heard it from the neighbors I wouldn't have pinned it to someone doing crunches etc.:smokin:

LMAO I thought the same thing today about the guy lifting weights next to me! And he's good looking on top of it!

There's another guy there who is so loud I'm afraid he's going to poop himself...I can tell when he's at the gym even if I can't see him. :laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I like the guy that reads on on the elliptical. He glares at his book like it's cursing at him. I spend the whole time waiting for it to burst into flames.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I like the guy that reads on on the elliptical. He glares at his book like it's cursing at him. I spend the whole time waiting for it to burst into flames.

LOL!!! OMG! Ha ha!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Tonight there was a guy on one of the shoulder press machines so his back was open and towards the cardio area. Well he had on baggy basketball shorts that we under his butt cheeks so he was sitting on the waistband. Then you see his boxer briefs but they don't quiet cover his whole rear end so I am on the treadmill doing my warm up tonight and right in front of me is a bunch of crack. I got to stare at that for 10 mins as Tuesday is the busy night so there were no other treadmills to go to.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

BAHAHAHA I LOVE it!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I was working out on the stationary bicycle and this young skinny kid walks by me eating a humongous glazed donut!!!!! Seriously!? At the gym?????? He looked at me and laughed, LITTLE BRAT!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Butt cracks and Donuts...AMAZING!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    He really is a BRAT!!!! LOL
  • PrincessPudgy
    Options
    I was at the gym this afternoon and I tried to watch, but I found I was just too focused on my exercise to pay that much attention to what other people were doing. I find a place to focus on the wall and just stare at it - or at the tv. Haha.

My gym is so small though. Most people seem to be ok. But I found it very amusing reading all of these! :P
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    O

I think he is not the type of grunter we are talking about... because if I heard THOSE grunts coming from my neighbors house I would call the cops!
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    I think I am the oddball at my gym :-)

Me too.

I appear to be the one the instructors are scared of approaching for some reason.

No idea why, I'm not big and scary honest....
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I've got so many!! I love my gym but we definately have some regular characters.

1. Me. I dance. While I do Cardio. It's not my fault. I used to run on the tread- running requires concentration. I have tendonitis and bursitis in my hip and am temporarily forced to do low impact cardio so you'll find me on the elliptical doing intervals. (I get plenty of crazy looks just for that) But I have a tendency to listen to Dub and Dancehall on the music player and sometimes I can't resist the dancing (it just takes over). I figure I'm doubling the calorie burn.

2. Short shorts guy. This guy is fit and tan and runs miles and miles without breaking a sweat. I admire that. His shorts however are REALLY short. They're that sort of loose airy material and may only come 2 or 3 inches below his bum. It's all fine when he's stand but yesterday he was stretching and was doing a VERY full V stretch... I saw his junk. :noway: Totally unnecessary.

3. The Tick. There's this guy... his shoulder/chest measurement must be 50 inches his wait 20 inches. It's the strangest thing ever. He looks likes the Tick. (If you're not familiar with the cartoon google it.) It's unreal. And on top of that he curses and talks to himself... strange.

4. The Social Hour Bippy Twats. I just hate them- they're not really a spectacle or maybe they are with their impractical work out gear spending time stretching provokatively in pairs talking sh about other girls at the gym or the guy they did that's in the free weights area or sitting at a machine flirting with the meat heads but never actually lifting a weight. Just taking up space I want to use. If you want to hang out exchange numbers and go out for a drink and get the eff out of my way I'm trying to do work. (and dance).

5. Creepy Staring Guy. He's not always there (at least when I am) But I have caught him staring at me a few times and not in a good way. Like he's sitting on a bench and just staring not lifting and when I move areas so does he. I've seen him do this to other girls as well. One evening he was staring as I was trapped on the Stair mill and my musical device had died I heard him tell one of the meatheads that he came in because he liked the scenery. blech. CREEP-O. :grumble:

And that's it for now... there are so many. lol
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The observations actually make me more nervous about the gym now. I just assumed everyone was focusing on their own workout.
  • mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 54
    Options
    The observations actually make me more nervous about the gym now. I just assumed everyone was focusing on their own workout.

I sooo agree with you. I just go and look at the tv. I'm probably that odd ball on the elliptical machine who is drenched in sweat and bright red, dancing or shaking my head as I dance with the music. :) oh well, lets give them something to talk about. lol
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Something things are funny, but I don't judge and I am a gym rat. At my gym, you get major respect for showing up.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I had a gym partner who used to take a mid-workout cigarette break from the treadmill....

FOR REAL??:noway:
  • Flawlessk
    Options
    1. ME. I used to go to the gym with my last boyfriend and when i was on the treadmill there was this really funny show on tv, so i was the girl bursting out laughing. He used to look at me and either laugh or shush me lol

2. The tiny teenage girls that are really made up, not a hair out of place, matching down to their jewellery and shoe laces. Go into the gym and walk on the treadmill for ten minutes trying to catch the eye of the muscle men. They leave just as in tact.

However, they then go downstairs to the pool and sauna. Now that is fricking hillarious. You have not seen panda eyes til you've seen these girls. It's literally streaming down their faces. But they think they look cool in their itsy bitsy teenie weenie bikinis so who am i to ruin it.

3. The grunters

4. The muscle men glued to their own reflections

5. The guy my ex told me about that used to strut around naked after his shower before blow-drying his pubic hair

6. The girl in the tiny shorts with bum cheeks hanging out. You could see exactly what type of bikini wax she had when it came down to stretching, uggh.

7. The pool guy. This guy was quite obese...fair play, he's at the pool in the gym. I saw him every monday morning. However, i was there for an hour and a half and i never once saw him get wet, go in the jucuzzi, steam room or sauna. He just sat on the side in his swim trunks and watched you. He did talk to a few people who were picking up their towels or whatever, but mostly just creepy.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I too find myself laughing, or smiling ridiculously (when a song I love comes on or I get a text from a friend that's hilarious)... I'm sure some have thought I'm slightly cuckoo ... LOL