The Gym is great for people watching!!

Options

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    The observations actually make me more nervous about the gym now. I just assumed everyone was focusing on their own workout.

I used to feel the same way. I actually felt offended by some of the stuff this thread had in it, but if you care enough about your fitness, you'll just pay attention to that instead of people that might be watching. I peak at people all the time, cuz it's nervous habit, so I notice stuff. I LOVE going to the gym now, and unless we absolutely could not afford it, I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Luckie712
    Options
    bump! I love a good laugh! :bigsmile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Now that I have started c25k...I dub myself (named after one of my favorite groups)...Weezer. Twice I had to wave people off assuring them I was ok on the treadmill the other night.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Now that I have started c25k...I dub myself (named after one of my favorite groups)...Weezer. Twice I had to wave people off assuring them I was ok on the treadmill the other night.

Great job for starting the C2-5K! That's awesome!
  • Flawlessk
    Options
    My uncle is in his 50's and can jog all day, just not very fast. But he is the funniest thing i have ever seen. His breath comes out as "Choo" and as he gets faster, so does his breathing.

Choo.........Choo.........Choo......choo...choo..choo, choo, choo, choo!

He sounds just like a train and i'm always waiting for the "Whoo whoo" of the whistle.

Bless him x
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I wish all my MFPeeps lived in the same city as me. Then we could all work out together and run together in races and stuff. :bigsmile:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    My uncle is in his 50's and can jog all day, just not very fast. But he is the funniest thing i have ever seen. His breath comes out as "Choo" and as he gets faster, so does his breathing.

Choo.........Choo.........Choo......choo...choo..choo, choo, choo, choo!

He sounds just like a train and i'm always waiting for the "Whoo whoo" of the whistle.

Bless him x

HAHA I breath really lightly, but if you listen closely, if my breathing was more loud, it would sound like a woman in labor. hoo hoo hee hee LMAO
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I wish all my MFPeeps lived in the same city as me. Then we could all work out together and run together in races and stuff. :bigsmile:
    I'd trip you at the starting line. hitwithrock.gif
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I'd trip you at the starting line. hitwithrock.gif

You are such a JERK!!! And I would be waiting with a rock to throw at your shoes so that YOU tripped. haha
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    bump :)
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    this thread is amazing!!! enjoying it so far, lots to read bumping to continue reading later and to add my own people watching findings
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I must be concentrating too much and trying not to pass out to notice much that goes on. I sure hope it's not me providing the entertainment...
  • darkrider42
    Options

Wouldn't that be a blast?! =) Although I'm afraid I'd have a hard time working out if I was cracking up all the time... LOL
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.. this is hillarious!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

Wouldn't that be a blast?! =) Although I'm afraid I'd have a hard time working out if I was cracking up all the time... LOL

Yeah, and jester would be tripping me!!! lol He'd probably throw his water bottle at my feet while I'm on the treadmill. haha At least I'd learn to talk while I'm exercising. I concentrate too hard on my exercise to talk. haha
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    The observations actually make me more nervous about the gym now. I just assumed everyone was focusing on their own workout.

Don't be nervous to go to the gym. You can't help but be observant of the people around you, especially when things like their junk slipping out is happening! :laugh:

I've never seen anyone be mean to someone in a gym, ever, in the years I've been going. I give people much more respect just for showing up! :flowerforyou:
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    At my old gym, we had a guy in the weight room that would occasionally walk over to the garbage can, put a finger over one nostril, and basically blow his nose hard directly into the trash can.

The first time I saw this, I was visibly repulsed. He seemed to think there was nothing to it.

Somebody asked him about it once and he called it a "farmer blow" as if this explains everything.

--Carter
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Don't be nervous to go to the gym. You can't help but be observant of the people around you, especially when things like their junk slipping out is happening! :laugh:

I've never seen anyone be mean to someone in a gym, ever, in the years I've been going. I give people much more respect just for showing up! :flowerforyou:

Agreed, somethings are (regrettably) hard to miss. I'll tell you though for all the people watching that happens at my gym, I've heard more positive things said than negative (unless it's from the SHBT's but who cares about them anyway). Keep going. :bigsmile:
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Yeah, and jester would be tripping me!!! lol He'd probably throw his water bottle at my feet while I'm on the treadmill. haha At least I'd learn to talk while I'm exercising. I concentrate too hard on my exercise to talk. haha

Same here! LOL I'm barely holding it together as it is! It even makes me crazy if someone happens to be standing next to my treadmill while I'm running 'cuz they don't have to do anything to just stand there and I'm really having to work it to keep this big 'ol boy moving. =D
  • darkrider42
    Options

Absolutely! Same here. Between the last two gym memberships since I got out of the military, I've been going something like 22 years and I've never seen anyone called out. Odds are you're not going to do anything out of the ordinary enough to be noticed anyway. And if you do? You just have to have the attitude of "Who cares?!"

Being able to laugh at yourself is always good quality to have and then it truly won't matter to you. That comes in handy with life in general.