exercises for mons pubis? HELP!

Options

Replies

• elleinaDanielle
    Options
    You can't g-spot reduce. C'mon. I'm not the first one to think that, right?

YES. I like this guy.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    An overall caloric deficit will do you there.

Ha ha! I see what you did there.

• neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Weight loss will definitely help, but exercises that bring your legs/knees up to your chest should work the low region of the abs. The spot just above the underwear line. High knees and mountain climbers are a great exercises that don't require any equipment, but are great.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    davis978 wrote: »
    It's officially a "thing" as of this week. Thing is quotation marks because this is according to a UK tabloid, so, you know, take that for what you will.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2956885/Mons-pubis-latest-body-feel-self-conscious-about.html

I'm surprised it took three days for it to show up on MFP. Or maybe it was here all along and I was lucky enough to miss the earlier threads.

I missed the "bikini bridge" thing. I am officially old. Stay off my lawn.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    the more fupa there is, the less my face gets dents. just keep it OP.
  • mmmmcupcake_
    mmmmcupcake_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Remember the vibrating machines from back in the day?... I like to take my Hitachi Wand after some great 'me time' and just hold it to my mons pubis.... I'm just melting that fat right off. My mons pubis has never looked so good.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    An overall caloric deficit will do you there.

Ha ha! I see what you did there.
    There is video proof.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Pollart77 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a vibrating machine to help reduce the fat in this area. I mean they have them for abs and stuff. (Inserting sarcasm clause as appearently it is needed today) (and I said inserting, lol)

I hear that in order for the vibrating gizmo to work, you need to focus not just on the mons, but the entire region. Or something.

Also, "Bird Dream of the Olympus Mons" was a really good song. I AM NOT OLD, I'M VINTAGE.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ok, so this new fupa anxiety is thanks to cosmo and other tabloids? Good to know, can't wait to see more threads about it to laugh at.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    the more fupa there is, the less my face gets dents. just keep it OP.

lolololololllllll :laugh:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    Weight loss will definitely help, but exercises that bring your legs/knees up to your chest should work the low region of the abs. The spot just above the underwear line. High knees and mountain climbers are a great exercises that don't require any equipment, but are great.

Those would work the muscles, not reduce fat. Regardless, she's not referring to the spot just above the underwear line, but just below it.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    OMGEEEE, there are area specific exercises otherwise we wouldnt have arm day and leg day now can she purposely lose weight in one area, no not really. Can you work certain muscle groups to target problem areas YES! So sick of how everyone attacks people on here!

Is this really happening right now?

Leg day is to work leg muscles, not to burn the fat off of just legs. Arm day is to work on your biceps, triceps, etc. You are not going in to burn fat off of those specific areas. GAWD, I wish that worked! I'd have thigh day everyday!!! Tomorrow is belly day!! Yeah!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's threads like these when I wish MFP would allow medical pictures to be posted. I feel half the people have no clue what the mons pubis/Venus mount/pubic mound is.

ETA: OT - there's no exercise for this area of the body. It's fatty tissue. Eat at a deficit or get surgery.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    TraceyBacksOutSlowly.gif
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    It's threads like these when I wish MFP would allow medical pictures to be posted. I feel half the people have no clue what the mons pubis/Venus mount/pubic mound is.

ETA: OT - there's no exercise for this area of the body. It's fatty tissue. Eat at a deficit or get surgery.

No kidding. Here is the SI swimsuit cover. It's not a medical drawing, but it does show a mons pubis....albeit one that has been waxed and photoshopped and features so little body fat as to look prepubescent. Seriously. Even very thin women get a little padding there at puberty. Are they going to have to do an afterschool special on this?

2015-02-05-hannah-davis-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-cover.jpg?w=650
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Or just stop shaving/waxing and nobody will see the "fat"

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    davis978 wrote: »
    It's officially a "thing" as of this week. Thing is quotation marks because this is according to a UK tabloid, so, you know, take that for what you will.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2956885/Mons-pubis-latest-body-feel-self-conscious-about.html

I'm surprised it took three days for it to show up on MFP. Or maybe it was here all along and I was lucky enough to miss the earlier threads.

They're not super common but I've seen at least 3 in my 4 years here.

Which was plenty.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »
    trixieloo wrote: »
    harlanJEN wrote: »
    Hefty trash bag, duct tape, original Jane Fonda on VHS and drink more green tea.

Nope.

OP, unfortunately there's nothing you can do to remove fat from a specific area of your body. Hopefully as you lose weight, you'll see a reduction in size.

Good luck.

What do you mean "Nope"? This is scientifically proven to work, particularly for the pubic area. Just google it.

I did google it - I see zero scientific studies. Care to provide sources?

Wearing a trash bag while you work out causes dehydration and can lead to serious health risks. It screws up your body's cooling process by preventing the sweat you create from being evaporated, which tells your body to continue to produce sweat, leading to dehydration. Any "loss" you might see is not actually fat loss, it's water loss.

But please, prove me wrong.

lol.... It's a joke, dear. The person who originally posted the advice was joking, and I was piggybacking on it.

And now I'm off to wipe the egg off my face.

Don't forget to log any that you may have swallowed.
    I don't know about you guys, but when I read "mons pubis" I want to quickly go check a Mars atlas. Hmmmm... let's see, mons pubis... is that west of Mons Olympus or was it east?

I believe it is located north of a large Canyon...
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Or just stop shaving/waxing and nobody will see the "fat"

Ew! Bushes are a no go.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Ew! Bushes are a no go.

I love my bush and mons pubis