exercises for mons pubis? HELP!

Options
123457»

Replies

• happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    To OP, I wouldn't worry about it since you still have 100lbs to lose. Just eat less and move more.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    ETA: My point is-- OP may or may not be able to dramatically reduce the fat in this area with weight loss.

I agree. :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    It's threads like these when I wish MFP would allow medical pictures to be posted. I feel half the people have no clue what the mons pubis/Venus mount/pubic mound is.

ETA: OT - there's no exercise for this area of the body. It's fatty tissue. Eat at a deficit or get surgery.

No kidding. Here is the SI swimsuit cover. It's not a medical drawing, but it does show a mons pubis....albeit one that has been waxed and photoshopped and features so little body fat as to look prepubescent. Seriously. Even very thin women get a little padding there at puberty. Are they going to have to do an afterschool special on this?

2015-02-05-hannah-davis-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-cover.jpg?w=650
    That photoshopping was done fairly poorly, actually. I'm surprised.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    the more fupa there is, the less my face gets dents. just keep it OP.
    Why the hell aren't you on my friends list? Keeping it real.
  • owlbrave
    owlbrave Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you started to lose weight yet? I'm 13 lbs down, and that's actually the first spot my fat disappeared from (well, that and my inner thighs). Kind of depressing for me, because I was hoping to lose it on my tummy, hips, or outer thighs!
    Yes! I am down 5lbs since I first posted.
  • owlbrave
    owlbrave Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    harlanJEN wrote: »
    Ok. Serious answer to OP. OP im going to go with you are truly seeking knowledge & I will acknowledge that I've been snowed in for a week & this was my wee bit of entertainment. I'm a true sarcat, but here is some serious: It is a fatty area. There isn't anything specific to exercise. If you have higher bodyfat ( I believe someone looked @ your profile & you have 50+ lbs to lose) then you need to continue with fat/weight loss. I highly recommend resistance training emphasizing compound lifts with intervals of HIIT. Solid eating with focus on lean protein and higher fiber foods which can be found in a great variety of foods: beans, lentils, veg, fruit, whole/unbroken grains, seeds & nuts. Water. Good sleep. Persistence and consistency. I've lost 70+ lbs and been maintaining for a couple years. and YES I do have " I Love Bacon" duct tape.

GOOD LUCK!

jen

Thank you for your suggestion
  • jeanniesaragosa
    jeanniesaragosa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Owlbrave...I had the same question. I am NOT overweight (I only have about 15 more lbs. to lose) but I have the SAME problem. I had a tummy tuck years ago and had them lipo that area as well. It went down a bit but seems like over the years it's gotten puffier than ever. I don't look bad in a bikini but I always struggle with the bottoms fitting correctly in that area. BTW...I think you are beautiful and it's totally a legit question!
  • paigebliss62
    paigebliss62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Girl... sadly this is not something that goes away. They have monspubic lips which is specifically for this. I lost over 150 and still got it so..... sorry
  • Carmen_TX
    Carmen_TX Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The dictionary definition of mons pubis is “the rounded mass of fatty tissue lying over the joint of the pubic bones”

It is supposed to be fatty. That’s just the human anatomy