Breakfast

Options
What did you have for breakfast today?

I had a strawberry granola bar and a lo carb monster energy drink (normally its a cup of coffee)

I'm looking for ideas for breakfast...seems these granola bars are not helping my daily sugar intake. I need something quick for on the go. I dont have much time in the morning to cook a decent breakfast.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I had a banana english muffin with a little bit of whipped cinnamon cream cheese on top. Usually I have a greek yogurt cup, but I ran out before the end of the week!
  • keithb0522
    keithb0522 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had an whole wheat English muffin with 2 egg white, turkey bacon, and fat free mozzarella

223 calories. Yumm
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Two slices of organic turkey bacon and 1/2 cup of oatmeal with vanilla greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and cinnamon :) This doesn't take me too long to prepare, I just get up about 10-15 minutes earlier. If I need something fast I make a shake with VegaOne chocolate protein powder (it has other vitamin/minerals/macros), almond milk, and a banana.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I have Greek yogurt w/ whey topped with a sliced banana & some honey in the work fridge. But someone brought in bagels and I just inhaled one of those instead.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    kashi protien fiber cereal with almond milk, a box of raisins, coffee with almond milk.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Ever consider skipping it?
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    100 calorie english muffin, two egg whites, 1/2 slice of cheese, 1 slice of bacon. 219 cals.
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate granola thin and a glass of lowfat milk.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I had a protein shake with a scoop of fiber powder (140 calories) while I was getting ready for work and then I had an egg white mcmuffin (250 calories) and about 3 cups of black coffee!! I like the muffin cuz it'll hold me over till a late lunch at 1-2 when I can leave otherwise, I'm tied to my office. But I only get the muffin on Friday because I'm the only one in the office till 1pm and I want a larger, more calorie dense meal without making me feel blah and groggy. Every other day, I just have the protein shake and lots of coffee... maybe a kind bar for a snack around 11 or noon.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have 2 slices of light toast topped with about 1/3 cup cottage cheese and 1 TBS low sugar jam most days. I do the toast once I get to the office.

Not sure why someone would suggest you skip it when you are looking for suggestions...some of us need to eat right away in the morning...I'd imagine most people that skip breakfast are not those people.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    There are some great recipes for make ahead breakfast sandwiches and steel cut oatmeal. I make mine ahead and split them into single servings then freeze them. A few minutes in the microwave and they are ready. On a day with no time, I have a multigrain English muffin with fresh spinach, avocado and nitrite free deli ham & turkey. If I don't have time to slice up avocado, I use a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    1 serving of high fiber nut/berry cereal with a scoop of chocolate protein powder and half a cup of milk, 20 grams of pomegranate seeds, and a banana. :) but I usually do half a serving of oatmeal with a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter and the scoop of protein powder stirred in. and coffee. lots and lots of coffee. ;)
  • GreenMantle
    GreenMantle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I (usually!) do "overnight oats," 1/4 cup quick oats and 1/2 cup kefir. You mix them up overnight, and you can flavor it anyway you want, fruit, nuts, nut butter, some folks put chia. It's easy and really, really good :)
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg, greek yogurt and honey.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I had a leg quarter, egg noodles, spinach and tea.
  • jlseaman13
    jlseaman13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do not eat packed foods, bread, pasta, sugar (other than naturally occuring in fruit), or dairy. My breakfasts usually consist of either steel cut oats or rolled oats, organic only, and uncooked. I put them in a Thermos at night with a little bit of either cashew milk or almond milk, and use any combination of raw nuts, raw seeds, dried fruit, cinnamon and nutmeg. It soaks up some of the liquid and you don't lose valuable nutrients in the process. I eat it at work (yes cold, as I do not microwave anything). It may sound different, but it is really delicious. Soup is a really great breakfast food, too! I cook ahead of time, heat it on the stove in the morning, and into the Thermos it goes. It makes a nice, hot breakfast at work :)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Two Halo tangerines
    2 cups of coffee (16 ounce travel mug)
    Scrambled eggs and egg whites with tofu, spinach, kale, and mushrooms
    Chia pudding made with 1/2 cup milk and a tbsp of PB2
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Reheated scrambled eggs with spinach, cheese, and mushrooms, and a coffee. I also like chia pudding..if the chia seeds are ground. Easy, on the go, stuff.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Post night shift/pre gym breakfast.

A tin of Morrisons 'M savers' creamed rice pudding (which costs 15p a tin) with almond milk, chia seeds, a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a serving of Cadbury's fudge hot chocolate all mixed in.

Lush.

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    sljohn84 wrote: »
    What did you have for breakfast today?

I had a strawberry granola bar and a lo carb monster energy drink (normally its a cup of coffee)

I'm looking for ideas for breakfast...seems these granola bars are not helping my daily sugar intake. I need something quick for on the go. I dont have much time in the morning to cook a decent breakfast.

Do you have time to prep on the weekends? I'll make "omelet muffins" in a muffin tin.... they're great to prep ahead of time, a great "grab and go" breakfast, and really versatile in how you make them.

I'll chop up some veggies (peppers, onions, spinach, etc.) and combine with pre-cooked, seasoned ground turkey (seasoned with Mrs. Dash for me...use whatever you feel like). Add to a sprayed muffin-tin, top with beaten eggs (I use a combo of egg whites and whole eggs) and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.