What kind of bread do you eat ?

Options

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Whatever is available and appealing at the moment.

^^This. We have a loaf of whole wheat this week at home. Last week was local bakery white bread (SOOO delicious). Next week may be something different.
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread anymore since it's a highly difficult food for me. :s I find that it doesn't fill me up and makes me crave.. bad stuff lol. Lots of calories without filling me up at all and making me crave stuff - no thankyou (I love bread though.. I'll have some on my cheat meals huehuehue). :s:# (*)
  • JoshuaOverly1980
    Options
    Don't concern yourself with calories with bread get a good wholegrain bread it should feel heavy the benefits and fiber will keep you full.
  • PoisonIvy088
    Options
    I think the best bread are those that aren't stale or moldy. Otherwise if I have a choice, banana bread with cherries in and butter. :P
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    only the stuff at church on Sundays
  • Pol3cat
    Pol3cat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal wraps or pitta bread. I think they're much better than sliced bread.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The smaller whole wheat breads that have 60-65 calories a slice is what I typically buy (Nature's Own, Wegmans store brand), but honestly I have maybe two slices a week... If it was just me though I'd buy Ezekiel but I'm the only one who eats it, but it keeps a long time in the fridge at least.

But nothing beats some good old French bread, or whole wheat English muffins.
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I like pepperidge farm's 15 grain bread
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own Whitewheat, mostly. Cornbread, rye (usually Beefsteak), very rarely Ezekial bread.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    villagio white bread or rye bread
  • caveman2014
    caveman2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    If I'm eating bread, I prefer Ezekiel Bread (http://www.foodforlife.com/product/breads/ezekiel-49-sprouted-whole-grain-bread). I especially LOVE making french toast with it.

was expect more of the community to be eating Ezekiel bread !!!!! I just started incorporating some bread in my diet . Good choice
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to eat a lot of bread these days. Not for any specific reason, that's just how it tends to work out. When I did eat more bread, I loved this bread that I can never find anywhere called squaw bread. It looked a lot like pumpernickel, but had a sweetish taste. SOOOOO good, but I literally only know of two places that sell it, and I'm about a thousand miles away.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I just had a tuna fish sandwich on my homemade power bread--it's basic white with flax seed, chia seed, wheatgerm, currants, sunflower seeds, and ground peanuts. Very little of the extra ingredients goes a long way in my bread.
  • wolf_tickets
    wolf_tickets Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I bake my own about every other day using Jim Lahey's famous no-knead recipe.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

No more than 5 minutes prep (but a long ferment). Just flour water yeast and salt. It's foolproof, fantastic and makes your house smell like heaven. All you need is a cast iron pot or a dutch oven. Make it 1/4 whole wheat to give it a little more density for sandwiches.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee lite WW. 45 calories per slice.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    We usually get the Thrifty's brand multigrain wholewheat bread. The slices are a good size, and since we just freeze it we stock up when it's on sale for like a buck a loaf. It's like 70 calories a slice, so not terrible.

When I have the time and energy, I really like to make my own bread. I probably won't do that until I'm at my goal weight though. It smells so nice out of the oven that I'd eat it all with butter and jam xP
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm making toast or having some wonderful bread, I use low carb tortillas to make rollups for lunch. 60 calories.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat it at all. I can eat a bunch of rice cakes for the same calories. That being said, once in while I buy a loaf that is high in iron and my housemates eat the rest.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    Unless I'm making toast or having some wonderful bread, I use low carb tortillas to make rollups for lunch. 60 calories.

Yeah I tend to have low carb tortillas too now (although the ones I use are 80 calories but high fiber and protein).
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    None.

Well, generally I have a loaf of Dave's Killer Bread in my freezer, but I finished the last loaf about 6 months ago and haven't had any bread since then.