I need healthy pizza option

Options
124»

Replies

• FoodieKat
    Options
    Great thread...really enjoyed all the suggestions! Thanks everyone!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I made a pizza last week on lavash bread using tomato sauce, veggies, turkey pepperoni (a whole pack of like 50 lol) and light mozarella cheese. It was awesome. This whole thing is huge and macros ended up being 566calories, 47c 29f 44p. Pizza ftw

nNkqHGW.jpg

NWbiT5Q.jpg
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    Make a gluten-free cauliflower pizza. You can check out the pizza recipes on this app I use called sidechef. Here's the website: sidechef.com/download
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I just want to point out again that I think OP is hosting a girls night with friends. It's fine if OP wants to look for some pizza alternatives for herself, but if I was going to a girls night and my only option was some faux pizza I would be pretty irritated. Also if there wasn't enough wine...

Op if you want to try out the cauliflower crust or pizza quiche suggestions I would save it for when you are only feeding yourself. Or else make that as one option but have regular pizza too. You can have a variety of toppings and people can make their pizzas however they like, who knows, some people may actually like that cauliflower crust... And have a big salad, and wine. Did I mention the wine?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I made a pizza last week on lavash bread using tomato sauce, veggies, turkey pepperoni (a whole pack of like 50 lol) and light mozarella cheese. It was awesome. This whole thing is huge and macros ended up being 566calories, 47c 29f 44p. Pizza ftw

nNkqHGW.jpg

NWbiT5Q.jpg

That's actually a fabulous idea! I might have to try that.

http://www.fooducate.com/app#page=product&id=541AC84E-4C92-11E0-A55F-1231380C180E

The trader joes whole wheat lavash got a reasonable grade from fooducate.
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use portobello mushrooms for the "crust" and top with low sugar sauce, low fat cheese and tons of chopped veggies. You can bake or grill these. A great way for individual pizzas!!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »

nNkqHGW.jpg

NWbiT5Q.jpg

@Annette_15, after seeing your post I ran to my local club store (BJ's) and bought the pack of Joseph's lavash breads I've been eyeing! I made this pizza last night (minus the pepperonis) and OH MY GOODNESS. Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!!!! It was absolutely delicious! I tried to cook it in my toaster oven and it wouldn't fit on the tray all the way, so I folded the edges and they got super crispy while the inside remained softer. It was divine. But I probably should have used two or folded it haha, it could hardly support itself! I ate it off the tray, forget about trying to move the thing over to a plate x)
  • MinxyNZ
    MinxyNZ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just made a chicken, pumpkin, spinach and basil pesto (tomato sauce for base) tortilla pizza. I didn't have any low fat cheese options but was able to work in tasty chedder with my daily cal limit and it was gorgeous.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Pizza is not the worst food at all. It can be a great food.
    You can make homemade pizza and choose lower calorie toppings like vegetables and chicken. I like chicken, spinach, onion, mushrooms, peppers, feta cheese, olives and crushed red pepper on mine.
    You can make a thin crust from dough or use a tortilla, pita bread or something.
    You can do personal pizzas.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I like making pizza on Pita bread, loading with veggies! Onions, arugula, peppers, garlic, etc. I also like to use tomato paste as the sauce. Yum... what am I doing hungry at 12:36 AM?!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I make a pizza with no crust - it's a Skillet Pizza. Here is the link - http://healthylowcarbliving.com/weight-loss/my-dinner-tonight-skillet-pizza/

Love this idea; so easy that I have to try it this weekend!
  • tylerbenjamin7
    Options
    z2x0q8jrepqk.jpg

I use pita bread, chicken, skim-milk mozzarella, freshly picked basil, kale, homemade sauce. Mushrooms and what ever else I find. Taste so good!

• misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Flat bread pizzas are easy, delicious,f and the combinations are numerous! It is my go to meal after a long day. It is a great way to get a lot of vegetables in for the day as well. I made a pizza that had my 6 serving requirement in one pizza!

a7lmijevxtv9.jpg
    aqhly622vd8a.jpg
    pppzl3653vg2.jpg
    tkew77yuolzx.jpg
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Anyone know a recipe for lower calorie pizza having a girls night this weekend and friends want pizza . worst food to eat . thanks

thinner crust, leaner or no meat, reduced fat cheese.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    These pictures.... no fair! I can't get pizza cravings now, I just had dinner! :(
  • Mafuezee
    Mafuezee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wheat dough
    organic cheese
    vegetables
  • suemor
    suemor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza. Recipes can be found on Pinterest
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I can't live in a world without pizza... I make my dough from scratch with high gluten flour from italy... i just make pretty thin crust.. my dinners are about 500-700 calories depending on the activity that will for sure allow for a few slices. I would rather work out everyday to be able to enjoy pizza then never have it again. I cannot stand the substitutes either but thats just me.. if I'm gonna eat pizza... its gonna be pizza.