alternative for my morning coffee?

Options
1235»

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Well now that I've spammed the board, I'll move on....coffee gets me going in more ways than one ha ha
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    No way I am giving up my coffee :) I do drink it black though with the Torani sugar free syrups
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    - 1 cup coffee (Flavored or not, your choice)
    - 1 cup almond or cashew milk (both low in calories, 30 for almond, or 25 for cashew)
    - 1 scoop protein powder (Vanilla or birthday cake works best for unflavored or vanilla coffee)
    - 1 Handful of ice..... throw it in a blender or Nutribullet. It's sweet and satisfying.

Ok. I am trying this :)

• kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Coffee is life.

I use k-cups, and I get flavored ones that ease the bitterness a bit but don't overwhelm and don't add a bunch of calories, either.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I drink it straight black. It takes only a couple of cups to get use to the taste. After that, you won't even tell the difference.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Get better coffee and drink it black. Personally, I started buying higher quality coffee and swapped cream for 1% and dropped the sugar. It was kind of awesome to actually taste the coffee.

I agree with this. I bought a coffee grinder and grind my own coffee beans everyday and it makes all the difference. I used to use flavored creamer or sugar, but now I just use half and half. I personally love creamy, delicious coffee and I think it's worth the calories to start my day like that. My fave coffee is Stumptown Hairbender, but I can rarely afford that (it's like $18/lb) - so I generally just get beans from my local grocery store that are like $6-$7/lb.

Tea is good too, but I couldn't start my day with it and be satisfied. I use it instead to supplement the rest of my day if I need something warm and caffeinated later on.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tjdsmommy wrote: »
    Looking for some heathier options for my morning coffee. I like my coffee with cream and sugar . I don' t really care for sweetners . Tell what you got ?

When I started university and had my own place and could decide what I wanted, I started to buy better quality coffee and ground my beans and hand dripped it and drank it black to enjoy the full flavor.
    I sometimes wonder how many calories I saved in the last 50 years....lol.
    Now that I am older, I only drink coffee until 3 pm ( about 3 standard mugs a day ) and drink tea after that so I can sleep at night.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    tjdsmommy wrote: »
    Looking for some heathier options for my morning coffee. I like my coffee with cream and sugar . I don' t really care for sweetners . Tell what you got ?

bulletproof coffee.
    More coffee.
    Remove the coffee and just have milk and sugar.
    Rum.
    Rum with coffee.
    Rum with milk and sugar.
    Water.
    Water with lemon in it.
    Warm water with lemon in it.
    Warm water with a tea bag and lemon in it.
    Warm water with a tea bag and lemon and rum in it.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone want to give up coffee? I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

If you're really worried about the tiny amount of calories a little cream and sugar add to a 5 calorie drink, then just learn to drink it black. Good coffee tastes great black. The BEST coffees for brewing at home into a non-espresso pour are 100% pure kona varieties, Segafredo ground coffees, and Eight O'Clock. Oh, and if you have access to good Italian brands, LavAzza and Illy are great. LavAzza, Segafredo, and Illy make fantastic espressos if you have an espresso machine, which I guess you don't if you're adding cream and sugar. But they also make great press coffees.

Get yourself a French press. Stop with that drip nonsense. Keep the oils and crema in your cup of coffee. And stay away from the over-roasted, burnt Seattle-based brands. Blech.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a French press. Stop with that drip nonsense. Keep the oils and crema in your cup of coffee. And stay away from the over-roasted, burnt Seattle-based brands. Blech.

I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish but...

Surprisingly, *$ has a good brazilian bean available for sale right now. Comparable to the stuff I have been getting sent to me, but a touch cheaper.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    coffee followed up with a splash of coffee with a side of coffee.