"Once I cut (blank) out of my diet, I lost weight"

Options

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    tflyswagg wrote: »
    SODA, SWEET TEA, JUICE, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WHITE BREAD'S, STARCHY FOODS, PASTA, IODIZED SALT, OILS other than olive/coconut, SUGAR, I switched out everything from butter's to snacks=Less Calories, Its a life change I'll never go back only improve!

Iodine is very important for thyroid health. Unless you are consuming a lot of shellfish, you are probably deficient in Iodine. Most of the iodine in the US comes from iodized salt, and still a good amount of the US population isn't reaching optimum ingestion of this micronutrient. Maybe you should rethink this position.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    To stay on topic, I cut out eating like my overweight, 6"4 380lb husband. I eat at a deficit and try to control my urge to binge.
  • royston_ashby
    royston_ashby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just cut the excuses and open your eyes. Anything is achievable when you are willing to give it your all.
  • jessjess6791
    jessjess6791 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Excess calories, juice and chinese food.
  • julie2407
    julie2407 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Numerous coffees with sugar and milk replaced with green tea.
    Creamy mashed potatoes replaced with pureed cauliflower with garlic and cream cheese.
    Full cream milk replaced with almond milk.
    Not cut out, but cut back on fast food, sweet treats, cakes, rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, and alchohol.

My main issue was Bundy Rum cans at over 200 calories, high alcohol tolerance, and the day-after hangover food.

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    mewickla wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

Is that cheese curds and gravy on fries? Yummm. Whatever it is, it's definitely not on my list of things to cut back on.

poooteeeeen
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    It's been said over and over....

Too many
    3-ways-calories-add-up.png
  • joanmary1922
    Options
    Fat!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    husband

you-go-girl-colorful-graphic.jpg

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. Calories.
  • misheri90
    misheri90 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Diet soda. Obviously no weight loss from cutting it out but I would drink at least 2 cans everyday and I wanted to cut back on how much I was drinking. Being able to cut back on something that was a part of my daily diet made it easier for me to say no to going back for seconds, going back for one brownie/biscuit/chocolate, etc. instead of feeling like I had to have as much as I could or maybe just passing on a treat altogether. It basically put me in the right mind frame for losing weight without it actually being a major part of where the calories were coming from.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    jutvged439mb.png

Nothing wrong with any of those things.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Over eating. :)
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    excuses
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Fast food
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    So, squeaky, salty, cheesy, not-quite-melty, slippery, kinda-micey. I can get behind that. The mozzarella reference was a good simile to help me understand the squeaky bit. I thought you all were a little loony until I got to that point. Thanks!

Also, if you go to just about any bar in Wisconsin, you can get them deep fried like cheese sticks, but so much better.
  • NinjaoftheBeastAjah
    Options
    Sugar sugar and more sugar
  • theutahdesertfox
    theutahdesertfox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Empty carbs. I sure do miss my mac and cheese, but I don't look pregnant anymore so I got that goin for me.

• mellissaflegg
    Options
    sugar and chocolate