Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

7/14

1. Drink 8 glasses of water. :smile: I'm pretty sure, though I lost count.

2. Be productive and finish to-do list :neutral: I had to move a couple of things to today. I got a lot of other things done, plus something else I needed to add.

3. Limit computer/phone activity that is not productive. (games, social media) :neutral: I did okay, but would like to do less today.

4. Don't sit for too long. Get up every 30 minutes. After 2 hours, do something else.. (if doing something on the computer for 2 hours, switch to something that is not on the computer for a while.) :smile:

5. Try to sleep by 12:30 or early :smile:

7/15

6. Awake by 7 AM and get out of bed by 7:30 AM. :neutral: Mostly successful.

7. Post goals by 8 AM.

I actually got a lot done yesterday. Even though I didn't plan it as an exercise day, I did get in a long walk while catching up with an old friend.

7/15

1. Drink 8 glasses of water.
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes
    3. Be productive and finish to-do list
    4. Limit computer/phone activity that is not productive.
    5. Don't sit for too long. Get up every 30 minutes. After 2 hours, do something else..
    6. Try to sleep by 12:30 or early

7/15

7. Awake by 7 AM and get out of bed by 7:30 AM.
    8. Post goals by 8 AM.
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just for today 15-07
    1. Workout
    2. Make progress on buying house
    3. Choose recipes for rest of week
    4. Book restaurant for later this week

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    * Log all food
    * Meditate
    * No eating after 7pm

This was my list from yesterday and the only one I managed to accomplish was to meditate. Gotta do better today.
  • leonora711
    leonora711 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    leonora711 wrote: »
    JFT 13.07.2015
    1. Stay under my calorie limit for the day (1500 + half exercise calories). :)

JFT 14.07.2015 (I'll be gone for the day so I'll set my goals now)
    1. Enjoy the food offered without panicking about not being able to log accurately. :) (Ok, I freaked a little :p)
    3. That being said, don't use the day as an excuse to pig out on all the cakes/cookies likely to be offered. :/ (May have gone a little overboard towards the end...)
    4. Go for my run (Couch25k W2D3) MAYBE. Either that, or the next day. :( (Moved to today)

JFT 15.07.2015
    1. Stay under my calorie limit for the day (1500 + half exercise calories)
    2. Go for my run (Couch25k W2D3)
    3. Look for a job
    4. Make onigiri.
    5. Laundry
    6. Cut up and freeze some fruit
  • segeo
    segeo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just for today July 15

Log evrrything.
    Avoid too many carbs.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy Terrific Tuesday to each of you B)

Well, I blew it last night. I grazed through the kitchen = you would be shocked at how much I ate >:)
    So drinking lots of water today.

Mon 7/13/15
    >:) 1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    <3 2. Walk out side if my leg can handle it.
    :s 3. Grocery shopping
    <3 4. Dr. to check leg

Tues 7/14/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    2. Walk out side if my leg can handle it. I have already walked!
    3. Do 15 minutes / room to declutter

Our internet was down, so I am posting yesterdays.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    "Don't start a diet that has an expiration date. Focus on a lifestyle that will last forever."

Have to remember this!

Just for today - this is my new lifestyle!
    1. Eat slowly, and enjoy what I eat. No more mindless eating!
    2. drink water - 2 glasses with every meal, 2 glasses in between meals
    3. min 30 minutes on the ellipitical, or walking. Going to be doing a lot of cleaning tonite, and daughter-in-law and grandson are coming, so I may have to count that, but hoping to still get in my walking!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday B)

@michelle1173 I love your idea of limiting computer game time. That is really a biggy for me. I could sit and play cards all day. I might start listing that as a goal if you don't mind me stealing your idea??

Tues 7/14/15
    <3 1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    <3 2. Walk out side if my leg can handle it.
    >:) 3. Do 15 minutes / room to declutter

Wed 7/15/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    2. Walk out side if my leg can handle it.
    3. Kitchen closes at 9:00 for me.
  • MomChemist
    MomChemist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am new to this thread and just getting back to focusing on good eating and exercising. My commitments for today are:
    1. Pre-log all food
    2. Measure all serving sizes
    3. No evening snacks

Happy hump-day to you all!
  • Rogue_Esq
    Rogue_Esq Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Excellent idea to do this thread!

JFT I will, (1) run 2 miles, (2) drink 65 oz of water, and (3) do 100 sit-ups.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Was gone for a few days on a very nice mini-vacation with my wonderful hubby up the beautiful north shore of Lake Superior :) . Didn't watch eating much except to focus on protein...enjoyed lots of yummy food AND also got in alot of exercise--like several hikes up hills along rivers/waterfalls, going up 100 (not kidding, I counted) steps a couple times a day to get back to our condo from the meals down at resort, AND a two hour active canoe trip up in the Boundary waters. So, I don't really feel guilty for anything I ate, and I gained no weight. This is a major change from the trip we took to the same place last year--where I was 35 pounds heavier, not wanting to be active, and probably ate even more. :):):)

JFT 15 July:
    1. Remember that I am back to real life, with house and kiddos and not hiking for 3 or 4 hours a day--SOOOOOOOOO: Stay in Cal limits!!!!
    2. Drink 3+ Pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30+ min.
    4. Check motels for my relatives
    5. Help son get his resume done
    6. Put away/swap winter coats etc. for children
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Just For Today (Wednesday)

Actually track my food completely for the whole day, not just while I'm at work.
    Walk 30 minutes
    Drink ten 8 oz glasses of water -- no excuses!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Was gone for a few days on a very nice mini-vacation with my wonderful hubby up the beautiful north shore of Lake Superior :) . Didn't watch eating much except to focus on protein...enjoyed lots of yummy food AND also got in alot of exercise--like several hikes up hills along rivers/waterfalls, going up 100 (not kidding, I counted) steps a couple times a day to get back to our condo from the meals down at resort, AND a two hour active canoe trip up in the Boundary waters. So, I don't really feel guilty for anything I ate, and I gained no weight. This is a major change from the trip we took to the same place last year--where I was 35 pounds heavier, not wanting to be active, and probably ate even more. :):):)

KWFITGAL: So Jealous! I spent the week of the 4th of July at my dad's near Brainerd, MN. He lives on a lake and it's awesome. I'm from MN. I know he goes up to the north shore near Superior when he goes on vacation. Might not even be talking about the same state, but I do know how beautiful it is up there and I hope you had a fantastic time! :)
  • Rogue_Esq
    Rogue_Esq Posts: 24 Member
    Options

JFT 15 July:
    1. Remember that I am back to real life, with house and kiddos and not hiking for 3 or 4 hours a day--SOOOOOOOOO: Stay in Cal limits!!!!
    3. Exercise 30+ min.

Sounds like a great trip!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. 15,000 steps (going to be a huge challenge with today's schedule!) :)15,223
    2. swim a mile :( did not make it to the gym
    3. under 100G carbs :)

Wednesday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. go to the gym in some form in spite of tight schedule!
    3. under 100G carbs
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

JFT 15 July:
    3. Exercise 30+ min.

What a wonderful trip!! I have been there twice - near Ely, MN, and the boundary waters. The most beautiful countryside, and I loved hiking around Lake Superior. I would love to go there again!!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @Oconnell and @Joan: Yes, north shore as in near Ely--We like to go to Lutsen. It is soooooo incredibly gorgeous. The Lake is so refreshing....I am very thankful it is so close to home :) We've gone up there for the past several years--it's my "reward" at the end of the homeschool year :) Yes, it was just fantastic, thank you!
  • gina10thomp
    gina10thomp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first post but I couldn't resist the Just For Today! I love it. That's exactly where I am in my journey...just live and love one day at a time for health and happy. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use the pencil icon or reply, so I'm going w reply! Any helps with posting are appreciated. This is my first community!

JFT:
    1) log all foods
    2) no refined sugar/junk food
    3) no self put downs
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Wednesday's goals
    - meditate
    - double bootcamp
    - choose positivity and positively manage any negative moods rather than eating.....

Achieved all of the above.....
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Oh..... and of course come well under calorie target for day. No excuse with double bootcamp!!!

Did not come under target.... ate back all my exercise calories AND my net was drill therefore on track.
    not as good as I intended. And quite frankly I earned it!!