Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• LisaTNelson
    LisaTNelson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will find a community and support. Hey! Now, am I posting right?

Tomorrow's just for today will be to post something.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,373 Member
    Options
    Just for today 3/14
    1. Get an evening run in
    2. Healthy lunch with hubby
    3. No late night snack
    4. Remember to drink water
  • sarahburke0729
    sarahburke0729 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Hi! This thread has so much encouragement--thank you! And many good practical points, esp. to not throw in the towel for the whole day/week...just because you oops on a treat.
    I've been on MFP since December. Lost 25 and was in a real good routine but got discouraged and "fell off the wagon" mid February. Gained back a couple pounds in February/early March. Hmm-not going to use a frown face. Haven't been able to just jump back into things and stay motivated. So, I'm going to try this and see if it helps--I've got 20 to go! It would be sorta easy to just quit and say good enough, but I'd really like to "make it to the finish line" for real!!!

Just for today, I will:
    1. Log honestly and STICK TO MY CALORIE GOAL!! :)
    2. Drink at least 3 pints of water/clear "free" liquids (like tea)
    3. Get in my exercise--hopefully Zumba, which is FUN :)

Here are a couple thoughts which have helped me:
    1. When trying to pass up x,y,z yummy foods FOR NOW, I tell myself that is not the last sloppy Joe, or piece of pizza, or cookie on earth--there will be some later when I am in a better place. :) I can have some tomorrow perhaps as part of my allowed calories, or sometime after I lose the pounds.
    2. I have allowed myself treats. And for all of you who love chocolate, you should try switching to DARK! It is actually good for you. The sugar in milk chocolate always makes a person want to eat too much. But with the low sugar content, it is much easier to allot oneself one or two small squares and feel very satisfied! :):)

• sarahburke0729
    sarahburke0729 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love Dar chocolate. Good thinking.
  • onelonelysocknoble
    onelonelysocknoble Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

I will eat healthily
    I will have motivating and energy
    I will drink my 3 litres
    I will practice mindfulness
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just did a weigh on and have lost 12 lb since start Feb. Still have 18 to go and am pleased with what I've achieved so far.
    When I've lost 2 more lbs am going to book myself a facial as a treat. ☺
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. I will stick to 1200 calories
    2. I move enough to get 10,000 steps
    3. I will meal plan for the week
    4. I will clean my bedroom
  • chilimister
    chilimister Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me pleas e
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options

Just for today 3/13
    Im doing the jumping jacks challenge from the A Challenge A Day group, so I need to find time to do a minute of jumping jacks!

TBH didnt do those jumping jacks but Ill do two minutes today to make up for it, completely slipped my mind.
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. I will drink 8 glasses of water
    2. I will stay under my calorie goal
    3. I will get at least 10,000 steps
    4. I will make a healthy dinner
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well yesterday, thanks I know to a great sense of accountability that I had "promised" someone (this community) that I'd make effort to get going again. Thank you, Joan, for ever thinking of this thread!

So, yesterday I got in my water, my Zumba, and did fine on cals even though I went out for steak dinner date with hubby :). Brought over half home and did a bit of calisthenics to compensate...which is not how I like to do things. But the fact that I chose to care enough to make up for the cals this time (instead of just letting it go) is a good thing for me :).

Just for today:
    1. Stick to my calorie allotment (will not be compensating by exercise :) )
    2. Drink my 3 pints of water/"free" liquids
    3. Do my exercise
    4. Do Happy things today because I will be home with my littles while hubby and olders are ice fishing--I need to stay in viewpoint that this day can be a treat of doing my own special something while they're away SO THAT I DON'T TURN TO FOOD! :#

One of you posted that "when I lie, I only lie to myself"...and when we cheat, we are only cheating ourselves. I also appreciated Joan's quote: "Every choice you make has an end result." Those are great things to keep in mind!

Grace to all of you today as you try to accomplish your goals. :)
  • saraelizaphant
    saraelizaphant Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just for today (Friday), I will:
    1. Finally meet my protein goal...? :o 93/102! Not too bad!
    2. Run for thirty total minutes >:) Yoga and lots of walking instead
    3. Fuel myself well so I can abstain from junk food while working a 13hr shift :D

Just for today (Saturday), I will:
    1. walk with my best friend for two hours minimum
    2. laundry, laundry, laundry
    3. do a relaxing yoga routine on my one day off
    4. Be in bed by 20:30
  • spittsdykstra
    spittsdykstra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just for Today- Saturday- Will follow food plan, including tuna salad I have made to eat immediately after yoga when I'm so hungry, THEN food shop without feeling pulled to crackers (my nemesis). MFP option for "my recipes" is a great help to me!
  • LisaTNelson
    Options
    I love this. Thank you all for being here.

Today I get to get my ball. I've been promising myself that as soon as I weighed under 180 lbs, I could treat myself to one. And Thursday I broke the 180 barrier!!! Yay!

I'd like to thank MyFitnessPal and my Fitbit Zip and a new job that keeps me walking for making this possible.
  • LisaTNelson
    Options
    So just for today:

1. Think of new short-term goal and reward.
    2. Make 5,000 steps on the pedometer. I've turned inactive when I'm not at work.
  • monicalferrier
    monicalferrier Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just for today 03/14/15 I will:

Avoid carbs as best I can
    Exercise 10 minutes
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    Finish the crochet purse I am working on.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Today I will reach my protein goal. I will drink plain water, not flavored water, and stretch since I have a 10 hour work day and family time seems more important than gym time.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for Today 3/13
    1. any loss is a good loss, accept it and move on :)
    2. log :)
    3. get to the gym for last strength training of the week :( did not make this one, have to add it to today

Just for today 3/14
    1. Log, log log
    2. Drink water
    3. Make up strength training from yesterday
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 3/13
    1. log every bite :)
    2. plan my snacks - maybe cheerios instead of popcorn tonite :)
    3. Its raining out today, so 30 minutes on the ellipitical. ;) I did not get on the ellipitical, but I spent 2+ hours thoroughly cleaning! Usually I don't count this as exercise, but since I did not have time to get on the ellipitical, it was at least something!

Just for today, 3/14
    1. Eat dinner later, and plan and eat only planned snacks tonite
    2. exercise - take a LONG walk today
    3. drink water

I have been on a good 3 days now. I have been planning a lighter "dinner", and eating later in the evening, and I think this is helping me with the nite time snacking, which seems to get me in trouble. Its like once I start snacking in the evening, I just can't stop. My hubby and I work out of our home, so we typically do not even eat breakfast until 9 or so. So I am trying to have our lunch around 2pm instead of noon, and eating more during the day. Dinner is now set for around 7pm, and this has really helped me. Hope I can keep this up, and see the scale start to move!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I love this. Thank you all for being here.

Today I get to get my ball. And Thursday I broke the 180 barrier!!!

Congrats! Its always nice to get a different set of numbers!!