Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Pretty much failed yesterday so for today I will exercise and eat more fresh fruit. I find eating fruit a challenge. Bananas don't count.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just for today Sunday
    1.) Try to restart and not beat myself up for having a terrible week.
    2.) Clean my house and wash all my windows
    3.) Realize how important family is and enjoy the moment
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will:
    1. Clean my house
    2. Drink water
    3. Stick to 1200 calories
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Sunday's goals
    - stay within calorie goal
    - tune into real hunger levels before deciding if/what to eat

Can't even speak about how badly I've done vs my goals over last 2 days. Horrendous.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So I have only 1 goal for Monday:
    - hit net calorie goal. Single minded l'y

Need to do this or risk starting to put on the 12 lbs I've done so well in shifting so far. And I have another 128 to go so keep going.
  • hanknitspip
    hanknitspip Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I really focused and achieved today.

Just for tomorrow:
    1. Weigh and record
    2. Long walk via children's centre
    3. Find 30 minutes for Yoga
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in! I am 20 years sober and use Just for Today in my recovery. Hell I should have thought of this for my eating issues too!!

Just for today:
    1. LOG honestly
    2. EAT consciously
    3. Take the long way to work
    4. Go to the gym
    5. Stay away from sugar!

Thank you!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    suelegal wrote: »
    I'm joining in! I am 20 years sober and use Just for Today in my recovery. !

I have to say - CONGRATS on being 20 years sober. Very proud of you. If you can do that -- you know you can do this! Great job!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Yesterday , 3/14
    1. Eat dinner later, and plan and eat only planned snacks tonite :\ I was doing SO well, then got into the cadbury eggs. Our grandsons are coming for Easter, so I wanted to make sure I had cadbury eggs bought. Well - one egg led to another egg, which led to some mixed nuts, ice cream, etc. But, sunday is a new day!
    2. exercise - take a LONG walk today :) The good thing was that I walked over 6 miles yesterday, so hopefully that burned up the damage I did in the evening!
    3. drink water - :\ Not so good on the water.

Here is is -- 8:30 pm, and I'm just now posting my goals. But since the day is almost over, I will post anyhow/

Just for Today, Sunday, 3/15
    1. exercise -- which I did!! I walked 3 miles, then worked in the yard for 4 hours! Cutting back honeysuckle, cutting back grasses, raking leaves, etc. SO as for exercise, I did great.
    2. Drink water -- I am going to concentrate on drinking water tonite, because I know with all the yard work I am dehydrated!
    3. Log all my food

You guys are all doing so great! I love seeing new ones join, and all of your posts are keeping me so motivated. I have done really well this week. Trying to lose what I had gained, so I can start losing new weight again! So thank you all!
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ="feistyjojo;31697701"

Can't even speak about how badly I've done vs my goals over last 2 days. Horrendous.

I bet if you average out your days, you will realize how great you have been doing. 2 days will not hurt you -- I know you are going to get right back on track!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Just for today Sunday
    1.) Try to restart and not beat myself up for having a terrible week.
    2.) Clean my house and wash all my windows
    3.) Realize how important family is and enjoy the moment

Ruby - we missed you. Glad to see you back. And yes, your #3 is so important. Sometimes we have to just step back, and enjoy the moment. That is part of taking care of ourselves also - so I hope you had a great day today, and had time to just enjoy the moment!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    “You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~Unknown
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just for today 03/14/15 I will:

Avoid carbs as best I can
    Exercise 10 minutes
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    Finish the crochet purse I am working on.

Exercise, check
    Water, check
    Purse, check
    Not bad.

Today, 03/15/15 I will:
    Drink my 8 glasses of water
    Exercise 10 minutes
    Avoid bread
    Finish at least one arm warmer

Great job Monica!
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2015
    Options
    "kwfitgal;31693843" (How do you just take out a little of an entire post and quote it?)

You should have a "quote" with brackets around for the beginning of what you want left in, and a "quote with a slash before it, also in brackets to end. So you can go in and delete anything that you do not want left - only leave what you want. Just make sure you have a "quote" to start and end. Your reply, or what you want to write, would be after the ending quote. Does that make sense? Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times to get it to work, but this is how it should work.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today (Sunday March 15)
    1. Get exercise with hubby and kids. Ooops. Didn't have time for any today but I tripled up on goal #2!
    2. Relax and have fun :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Just for today (Monday March 16)
    1. 1/2 hour zumba
    2. 1 hour walking
    3. 1200 calories, very careful to log everything

• saraelizaphant
    saraelizaphant Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just for today (Saturday), I will:
    1. walk with my best friend for two hours minimum :)
    2. laundry, laundry, laundry :)
    3. do a relaxing yoga routine on my one day off :\ replaced it
    4. Be in bed by 20:30 :( but I did stay u[ doing dishes, getting meals ready and showering... all things I greatly appreciated this morning.

Just for today, my goals were partake in 30 minutes of exercise and stay positive. I wasn't sure what sort of activity I could manage during my 13hr shift; I did manage more than 30 minutes. :) I was feeling just a bit low today, and having a simple goal to stay positive really helped me today! :)
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks Joan for showing me about the quotes. I got it!
    To FeistyJoJo: I'm new on here, but I've really appreciated your honesty and you have a beautiful smile (on your little photo). I hope you can keep your eyes on the bigger picture. Let the last few days go--Yay! that you've lost 12! "You go girl" tomorrow, right?! :) .
    To Ruby70: If you got your windows done, that is a very impressive accomplishment (and probably some good exercise too!)!
    For today, I got in my walk and water. Some veggies. Cals over--I was doin great until hubby made yummy fish fry for dinner! HOWEVER, thanks to thinking of this thread, I am now choosing to down another pint of water instead of munch (which is what I feel like doing)!!!
  • maryanne_lang
    maryanne_lang Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    “You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~Unknown

So simple, so very true!
  • maryanne_lang
    maryanne_lang Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For today:
    1. Protein shake for breakfast BEFORE leaving the house. (If I wait I'll eat junk at the office- I already know this)
    2. Continue to log - such a motivator if I'm committed to honesty.
    3. Walk around the block after work.
    4. One more - Celebrate a 3.5 pound loss, but aware that it's just an isolated number and the bigger celebration is that I've been using MFP daily for 2 weeks straight and it's allowing me to make much better choices!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Stay within 100 of calorie allotment (see 4 below)
    2. Drink 3+ pints water
    3. Exercise 20+ minutes
    4. Watch it at dinner coz we're having company!
    5. Enjoy my children :):)