Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Stuck to my goals Saturday and was rewarded with a little movement on the scale this morning!

Today:
    log it all, even though I have a crazybusy day! I can find the time.
    run 6 miles
    no excuses about what I'm eating based on being busy
    stop every once and a while and just enjoy the day, even for a moment!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    ...Now, I will be in the car for 4 hours today and 4 tomorrow. I've packed and prepared healthy snax/drinks/water as best I can, but eating away from home is not the same.

So, my "Just for Today" is:
    1. Make good, healthy choices...including leeway of moderate, healthy treats. My conscience knows when to stop. Listen. :D
    2. Stick to adjusted cal limit (I'm giving myself some leeway, but it is still a "lose weight" #) :) Went over, but somehow came back and still lost a pound!?! So, no biggee.
    3. Drink 3+ water/tea :)
    4. Get in some sort of exercise--we'll be walking a lot I think. Calisthenics if I have to. :)
    5. Enjoy this time with my son! :)

Had a great trip. :) Super time w. my son visiting potential college. LOTS of walking, and very fast because it was freezing cold! Just fine with food. :)It really helped cement my resolve to type it in here before I left! I allowed myself that Culver's I wrote about in an earlier post. Gave half my burger to my son and split a two scoop w. him, giving him more than half :) Normally, I would have had a whole butterburger, fries, soda, and a two scoop all by myself!!! I am just so excited about how I did this weekend. Had the smallest (and healthiest) hotel bfast I have ever chosen--usually I'd grab lots of carbs--and a great big salad for lunch. Chewed lots of gum in the car, and mini carrots. Bought NOTHING at gas stations. That's a first ever I think.
    I know all of you who struggle so much with food stuff and then have times of victory can understand what a thrill it is to have some food but the food doesn't have you! I am very grateful to have a forum to share this with coz "correctly weighted" folks just think, "Whoop-dee-doo, I don't even think about food." I hope all of us who continue to log in here have more and more victorious days! :) Thank you again for this thread!

Just for Today, Sunday:
    1. Go back to normal calorie limit.
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise
    4. Try to stay peaceful as I finish preparing for a small class I'm teaching here tomorrow.

• slh3103
    slh3103 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just for today 3/22

1. log what I eat
    2. exercise for at least 20 min
    3. drink at least 48 oz of water
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will:
    1. Be happy & greatful the I made my way back here
    2. Go for a run
    3. Meal plan for the busy week ahead
    4. Log, weigh & measure my food
    5. Drink 2 litres of water
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Just for today..I will laugh more, be grateful for all of my blessings, remain disciplined with my food and smoking...be content.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    1. Keep working on my work list. It will get accomplished with concentration :) I am getting somewhere. :)
    2. Take a walk or two :) only 1 but I did take a walk
    3. Log everything I eat :| did not take the time to do this
    4. Choose wisely this morning and afternoon. Taking my daughter back to school tonight, so dinner might be on the road and I want to have enough calories left to not feel guilty. :) We ended up eating at home before leaving, but I did not feel guilty for my one (YES only 1!) donut.

I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. Just for today I will

1. Stay focused at work and do not let interruptions throw me off for long
    2. Take a walk after work with my husband
    3. log everything I eat
    4. Remember to be thankful for the success I do have
  • taxmom9093
    Options
    Congratulations kwfitgal!!!! You did great for such a busy and potentially stressful day. I hope you enjoyed the college visits. I was very happy that I was able to stop at one donut and NOT use that as an excuse to come home and eat everything in the cupboard. Now, I am just focusing on making good choices for today.
  • taxmom9093
    Options
    Just for today, I'll do a set of crunches on my ball.

I had an "Aha" experience regarding my just for today's. I do not set weight loss as a just for today, because I weigh what I weigh. Gravity, you know. Instead I choose something I can control, like the amount of water I consume, that affects my life quality and my weight loss.

And I find it works best for me to pick just one thing. Something perhaps I didn't do so well on the day before. That way I can focus and achieve it.

I'll try posting evening on my work days. Have a great weekend, everyone! B)

Great insight about yourself. Focusing on one goal is a great way to keep from getting overwhelmed and giving up.
  • valarsen
    valarsen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I failed to meet all my daily goals, but sometimes life gets in the way. So I am trying again:

1) Drink a gallon of water
    2) Eat well, and log everything I eat

I am keeping it simple because I know my boyfriend needs my help with homework when I get home from work, so I don't want to set myself up for failure.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have not finished logging for the past two days. I start out with my morning coffee, may get lunch in, but that is it. Overcoming the weekend mentality is a great difficulty. I don't have to work, so I'm "off" from everything, right? :)

Just for Today 3/22
    1. log
    2. log everything
    3. log the rest
    4. go to gym for strength training
    5. try not to get overwhelmed with all of our company today.
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Completed my goals for yesterday

Goals for today
    1) stay under 1200
    2)drink 6-8 glasses of wate
    3) stay away from snacks in the kitchen
    4) try and get in a 30 minute walk after work if I'm not to tired

Everyone have a great Sunday and keep putting down those goals!
  • leelala2
    leelala2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Record EVERY SINGLE CALORIE!!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps :D
    2. Finish gardening projects :D
    3. Eat well :)

Sunday:
    1. 10,000 steps in spite of swimming.
    2. Swim!
    3. Eat well.

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Congratulations kwfitgal!!!! You did great for such a busy and potentially stressful day. I hope you enjoyed the college visits. I was very happy that I was able to stop at one donut and NOT use that as an excuse to come home and eat everything in the cupboard. Now, I am just focusing on making good choices for today.

Thanks for the "cheer"! :) And hurray for you, stopping at one!!!! Isn't that an awesome feeling???!!! I think it does us good mentally to allow ourselves treats--DECIDE AHEAD OF TIME what is "legal" for you. It short-circuits that defeatist feeling of "Oh, I blew it. I might as well eat the whole house!" Hope your Sunday goes just as well, and the same for everyone else.
  • happygrandma52
    happygrandma52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just for today I'll
    1. Get new body measurements
    2. Get all my water
    3. Log ALL my food
    4. Plan meals
  • cvillegal03
    cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, so glad I found it, thanks for starting it, what a great idea!

I have been up and down with the same 5 lbs for so long, and I really want a fresh start and commitment.

Just for today I AM:
    - going to avoid my evening sweet treat binge
    - Work out (already done :)
    - track everything

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Sunday's goal:
    - eat only when I feel hungry then stop

That's it.
    Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

A bit better. I give myself 8 out of 10.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Monday's goal:
    - stay UNDER net calorie goal

That's it.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today (Sunday March 21)
    1. Walk first thing in the morning. :smiley:
    2. Take breakfast, lunch and snack with me. :smiley:
    3. Go on an adventure with my family. :smiley:
    4. Meet all my goals on fit bit. :smiley:

You know what I realized? I haven't felt GUILTY about my eating in a couple of months! Not that I haven't screwed up and eaten the wrong things, but focusing on positive goals and moving on each day has taken away a sense of guilt that I have been carrying for a really long time. I wonder how much 40 years of guilt weighs? I definitely feel lighter with it gone! :wink:

Just for today (Monday March 23)
    1. Take breakfast and lunch and snack with me to work
    2. Take a walk at lunchtime
    3. Do 10,000 steps
    4. Stick to 1200 calories

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,288 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just for today 3/22
    1. Morning run :(:(
    2. 3nd day of no snacking :):)
    3. 3nd of coming back :):)
    4. I might spend the day with grand babies (healthy food choices) :):)

Just for today 3/23
    1. Early for a run
    2. If it rains hit the gym
    3. Try a new exercise
    4. 4 th day of no snacking
    5. 4 th day of coming back