Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Thursday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Gym in evening :smiley:
    3. Stick to pre logged plan - when over before bedtime, wasn't hungry, just foolish!

J4T Friday
    1. Take a long walk.
    2. Laundry and house work
    3. Gym and Zumba in afternoon
    4. Stick to pre logged eating plan
    5. DO NOT go over caloies at night
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @47Jacqueline I had already enjoyed reading a couple of your blog entries and have now read the rest that are listed. They summarise my own views on the aging process. I used a similar 4 step plan to successfully initiate my weight loss last January, in preparation for a hip replacement in September, with remarkable results.

I used them again to renew and refocus at the beginning of 2016 and am now three quarters of the way to that initial goal and confidently expect to reach it before summer arrives. Exercise and sensible eating is now firmly entrenched in my lifestyle. Yoga and meditation have been an integral part of my life since my late twenties. I am healthier and fitter at 69 than I have been for a long time and I intend to stay that way.

I also paint watercolours, and am actively involved with a life long learning charity here in Northern Ireland. Isn't Life full and interesting?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

1. 12,000 steps :) 12,431
    2. gym workout and/or dance :)
    3. under 75G carbs :)

1. 10,000 steps
    2. walk, swim and *maybe* talking SO into going dancing tonight
    3. under 75G carbs
    4. 8+ freggies
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    stressful week, snow and ice, hubby waiting on a job, denting our new vehicle and I haven't over eaten even though I want to but know it makes everything worse.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    stressful week, snow and ice, hubby waiting on a job, denting our new vehicle and I haven't over eaten even though I want to but know it makes everything worse.

I also dented our new truck! Fortunately my hubby does his own body work so he can fix it pretty inexpensively, but still, it's like a new car is a dent magnet! Grrrrrr.
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've recently rejoined mfp and I liked the concept of Just for today. I've been logging in everyday for the past couple of weeks but I've not been entering my food on the food dairy yet. I've been reading all the success stories here and am feeling so motivated. So planing on starting to enter everything I eat here starting tomorrow. I'm looking for friends for motivation and support.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    @47Jacqueline I had already enjoyed reading a couple of your blog entries and have now read the rest that are listed. They summarise my own views on the aging process. I used a similar 4 step plan to successfully initiate my weight loss last January, in preparation for a hip replacement in September, with remarkable results.

I used them again to renew and refocus at the beginning of 2016 and am now three quarters of the way to that initial goal and confidently expect to reach it before summer arrives. Exercise and sensible eating is now firmly entrenched in my lifestyle. Yoga and meditation have been an integral part of my life since my late twenties. I am healthier and fitter at 69 than I have been for a long time and I intend to stay that way.

I also paint watercolours, and am actively involved with a life long learning charity here in Northern Ireland. Isn't Life full and interesting?

@TerriRichardson thank you. I appreciate your comment. :) I'm recovering from a fractured hip although no surgery. It's interesting to read about someone who is fully engaged in my age range. I should have a subscription capability up for my blog soon. <3
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

JFT Friday 2/19/16
    Where did the week go?
    1) Coaching practice
    2) Order rug for entryway.
    3) PT exercises, including figuring out how to attach my resistance band to something.

If you want to read my blog post for this week :)http://audacious-aging.nyc/keeping-actively-engaged-by-living-well/

^Aargh! Pt :#

JFT Saturday 2/20/16
    1) first training ride Meetup for the 5BBT
    2) 8 glasses of water
    3) 5 servings of fruit & veggies
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Friends ...Commit to yourself, Just For Today.
    Have the courage to follow through.
    Your dreams can come true.
    I know it for a fact!

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey^_^georgia^_^3^_^5^_^Welcome! Newbies!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

"The accountability of posting here keeps me on the straight and narrow.
    I can always find excuses in my head, but somehow,
    they just don't cut it when I see them in black and white on the page."

JFT Thurs 18 Feb
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise; 9000+ steps; 8 cups liquid.
    2. Practice gratitude for the life I have.
    3. Go dancing am.
    4. Get out into the fresh air and walk after lunch.
    5. Update accounts.
    :) Goals met for Thursday. I missed posting yesterday as I was out early and home late.

JFT Sat 20 Feb
    2. Practice gratitude for the life I have.
    3. Attend talk by local Author, Brian McGilloway. He writes detective novels with a distinctive Northern Ireland feel.
    4. Get outdoors for some walking.

@47Jacqueline Commiserations on the fractured hip. I do hope it is mending well and you are back to full fitness soon. The physio will help. Stick with it! :smiley:
  • bri170lb
    Options

J4T Friday
    1. Take a long walk. :smiley: 90 minutes and I sang the whole time!
    2. Laundry and house work :smile:
    3. Gym and Zumba in afternoon :smiley:
    4. Stick to pre logged eating plan :smiley:
    5. DO NOT go over caloies at night :smiley: I considered eating popcorn but I stopped and asked myself, will I be happy about eating it tomorrow morning when I weigh myself. Turns out I didn't really want popcorn!

I had a great weigh in this morning! I went up by several pounds in the last couple of weeks and this morning - poof- a new low! :smiley:

J4T Saturday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work
    2. Go to get fitted for new bras. I have no clue what size I wear anymore, but I REALLY need to figure it out!
    3. Go to friends house for a beading party.
    4. Be very careful to stay within calorie limits at the party.

• Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    1) pt practice
    2) write/post blog
    3) soft food

^That's actually for today, 2/17/16
    ze1c1wk74jzt.jpeg

A gorgeous painting, love it.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    J4T Saturday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Go to get fitted for new bras. I have no clue what size I wear anymore, but I REALLY need to figure it out! :smiley:
    3. Go to friends house for a beading party. :smiley:
    4. Be very careful to stay within calorie limits at the party. - went a little over, not too bad.

J4T SUNDAY
    1. Church
    2. Groceries
    3. Walk or jogging
    4. Stick to calorie limits
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My objective (it's late and I'm really tired) is to acquire the coordinates of the Fountain of Youth and hydrate myself with its elixir.

I will then live forever.

Peace.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

1. 10,000 steps :(
    2. walk, swim :)
    3. under 75G carbs :)
    4. 8+ freggies :neutral:

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. under 100G carbs
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I know it for a fact!

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey^_^georgia^_^3^_^5^_^Welcome! Newbies!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

JFT Sat 20 Feb
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise; 9000+ steps; 8 cups liquid. Keeping on track with these.
    2. Practice gratitude for the life I have. :)
    3. Attend talk by local Author, Brian McGilloway. He writes detective novels with a distinctive Northern Ireland feel. Fabulous morning!
    4. Get outdoors for some walking. Walked part of the way home through the local linear park as the rain had stopped.

JFT Sun 21 Feb
    2. Practice mindfulness.
    3. Sort/store clean laundry.
    4. Visit family after lunch.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    JFT, 12/21

1. Walk the dogs
    2. Stay within calorie limit
    3. Get in some type of workout or activity, hopefully outdoors
    4. No drinking
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps :)
    2. under 100G carbs :)[/quote]

Sunday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. free/rest day
  • jennkaufer89
    jennkaufer89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. Breaking down my food journaling into small steps, aka "Just log breakfast...just log lunch...just avoid office donuts", rather than thinking too big picture.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    J4T SUNDAY
    1. Church :smile:
    2. Groceries - got a new phone and it took FOREVER!!! I ran out of energy for groceries.
    3. Walk or jogging - lazy.
    4. Stick to calorie limits - went over in evening.

J4T Monday
    1. Take breakfast to work with me
    2. Grocery shopping
    3. Laundry
    4. Stick to pre-logged lunch and snack
    5. ZUMBA
    6. Stick to pre-logged dinner and snack. DO NOT GO OVER TONIGHT!

• TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I know it for a fact!

JFT Sun 21 Feb
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise; 9000+ steps; 8 cups liquid. :)10063 steps.
    2. Practice mindfulness. :sunglasses:
    3. Sort/store clean laundry. :)
    4. Visit family after lunch. :)

JFT Mon 22 Feb
    2. Practice mindfulness.
    3. Attend meeting for new members of life long learning group this morning.
    4. Prep/take Monday Painters group after lunch.
    5. Attend Ugandan Dance intro after dinner. (4 week course starts next week).