2. Re evaluate my goals for this week
    3. Zumba with daughter
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

JFT, 6/08/2016

1. Walk the dogs :)
    2. Body Beast Day 46: Beast Cardio and Beast Abs :)
    3. Stay within weight-loss calories :)
    4. Call the groomers and make an appt for the dogs so they're all pretty for the weekend :'(Waited too long - forgot how busy summer is. I guess I'll be washing them myself!

JFT, 6/09/2016

1. Walk the dogs
    2. Body Beast Day 47: Bulk: Back
    3. Get in over 10k steps or cardio workout
    4. Do some more party prep
  • Spunkie__Munkie
    Spunkie__Munkie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just For Today

1. Drink my water
    2. Cook healthy meal for supper
    3. Write in my journal
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:
    1. 12,000 :smiley: 12,321
    2. under 75 G carbs :(:(
    3. Zumba :smiley: 1 hour, plus danced cumbia at home with a friend for 30 minutes to get to step total
    4. walking :)
    5. gardening :)
    6. swim a bit? :) 30 minutes

^boy can I accomplish a lot when I have a weekday off! A bit sore today though, so this will be a gentle day

Thursday:
    1. 10,000
    2. under 100G carbs (have to eat out with family)
    3. swim at least 30 minutes
  • lindamedberry
    lindamedberry Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this thread but it looks like a good one. Let's see if I can keep to my commitments.

Today I will:

1. Stick to my food plan and stay under my calorie goals. DONE
    2. Drink my water, at least 64 oz. 96 oz
    3. Get my 15,000 steps for the day. 15,449

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,363 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :star: Challenges are the spice that makes life zing! :star:

@Lagopus I know you will have a great time together. I look forward to reading about it!

:heart: Dare to be YOU!

:smiley: Welcome Newbies! :smiley:

Having daily goals helps me stay on track. "The accountability of posting here keeps me on the straight and narrow. I can always find excuses in my head, but somehow, they just don't cut it when I see them in black and white on the page."
    (Terri Richardson)

JFT Thurs 9 June 2016
    • Pre-log/follow through; 150+ minutes exercise, 295 minutes ; 10000+ steps, 15664 today! :smiley:
    • 8 cups liquids/Monitor sodium intake. :)
    • Prep for flower arranging after lunch. :)
    • Deep clean kitchen. :)
    • Declutter desk. :)

JFT Thurs 9 June 2016
    • Pre-log/follow through; 150+ minutes exercise; 10000+ steps,
    • 8 cups liquids/Monitor sodium intake.
    • Do mending!
    • Declutter hobbies work table.
    • Photo shoot at a country park after lunch. Hoping for fine weather.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    For today, 6/6/16, I will:

- Not exceed my calorie goal, for food
    - At drinks tonight, only drink slimline G&Ts - maximum 3 (taking me max 150 calories over my limit)

Managed to do these, even though I was hungry!

Also persuaded my friend that I went for drinks with to download MFP - we can be buddies and support each other now.

Today's commitment -

- Go to gym after work
    - Finish day with 350+ calorie deficit (after including gym calories)
    -

Met both of my targets, and actually smashed the second one to the point where MFP told me I wasn't eating enough! (That's never happened before when I've not forgotten to log something)

Didn't actually feel hungry though despite the deficit, which is encouraging. I won't have that deficit on any other days this week:

Today going to my friend's for dinner which will make it difficult to stay within calorie limit - the food is generally not healthy and lots of wine is normally involved.

However, will set the following targets to keep the indulgence down:

- I'll log the dinner, even if I am not exactly sure what's in it
    - I'll make sure I don't eat more main course than others - no second!
    - If dessert is one where we choose portion size, I'll have a small portion
    - I'll drink as much diet lemonade as I do wine to keep my appetite under control - and will limit wine to half a bottle MAX

Hmm, so I managed two of these, I'd say - two of these, though probably wasn't really down to my efforts as opposed to my friends giving me a plate with a small portion size!

Failed on the other two though - had an entire bottle of wine + double g&t, and failed to log any of the calories. It had been a very bad day so i don't feel too bad about it, however I have to make sure this doesn't happen too often - bad days will happen and I need to learn to deal with them without turning to alcohol/food.

Today's commitment is very simple: come in within calorie goal!

Met my goal, came in with zero calories left! I was very hungry though - made me realise that I need to optimise the foods I eat to be fuller - had eaten quite calorie dense but non-filling foods.

I'm now staying with my boyfriend in Madrid for the weekend so control will be hard - we'll be eating out a bit and don't have a scale in the flat for weighing ingredients. Nonetheless, I'll:

- Log all the foods I eat, even if I'm not sure I'm being accurate - better to put something than not bother at all
    - not snack outside meals
    - at meals, go for 'healthy options' - or if i want to go for 'non-healthy options' have small portions
    - keep alcohol and milky coffees to a minimum - no more than one coffee per day and order wine by glass (with as much water drunk as wine)

Will be hard as i like to eat on holiday... will see how i do!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    JFT Thur 9 June 2016

1) Take grandson out to breakfast - stay on food plan -, then either go to library or take dogs for a walk as time permits. :)
    2) Jazzercise :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses water :#
    4) Log Food :)
    5) Have lunch with daughter-in-law, granddaughter, and grandson - stay on food plan :)

JFT Fri 10 June 2016

1) Stay within calorie range
    2) No added sugar or high carb foods
    3) Log
    4) Jazzercise
    5) Help stepson make hamburger patties for Big Fat BBQ Open House (all day :/ drop-in affair for people to meet & greet newlywed stepson & wonderful wife...going to be nice but too long - we are co-hosting).

Karen in Virginia <3

• rph2t
    rph2t Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I have Fridays off, so it's always a difficult day for me to stay motivated. Therefore, today I will:
    • Do my C25K for the second time this week :( Been focusing too much on weight training.
    • Log all my food, and stay in a deficit.
    • Do some yoga, at least a 15 minute video. All the weight training is making me a little stiff and sore.
  • lindamedberry
    lindamedberry Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Today I will:

1. Eat healthy foods, stay within my calorie budget, and log everything I put in my mouth.
    2. Drink at least 64 oz of water.
    3. Get my 15,000 steps in by walking outside, despite 90+ degree heat today.

Got to work on setting other personal goals for the day, such as housework chores. There never seems to be enough hours in the day when working outside the home. Leaves me with having to choose between chores and exercise. End up feeling guilty when I focus on myself with the exercise.
  • shrcpr
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

JFT, 6/09/2016

1. Walk the dogs :)
    2. Body Beast Day 47: Bulk: Back :)
    3. Get in over 10k steps or cardio workout :)
    4. Do some more party prep o:)

JFT, 6/10/2016

1. Walk the dogs
    2. Body Beast Day 48: Bulk: Shoulders
    3. Get in over 10k steps
    4. Clean the house and more party prep
    5. Stay within weight-loss calories because I'm pretty sure tomorrow I'm going to undo this whole week's worth of work

And, weighed in this morning at 130.0 pounds, 5 pounds away from goal! I've lost 23.3 pounds so far but its taken me over nine months! 286 days to be exact.
  • shrcpr
    Options

1. Eat healthy foods, stay within my calorie budget, and log everything I put in my mouth.

Got to work on setting other personal goals for the day, such as housework chores. There never seems to be enough hours in the day when working outside the home. Leaves me with having to choose between chores and exercise. End up feeling guilty when I focus on myself with the exercise.

Eh, your health is far more important that housework chores! Focus on you and the rest will still be there after. :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stay committed to my Goals.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    JFT 2016-06-10:
    - Say NO to the 143 temptations that will present themselves in my office cafeteria - damn home bakers!
    - Eat on plan
    - Do my stretching routine this evening
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :star: Challenges are the spice that makes life zing! :star:

:heart: Dare to be YOU! :heart:

:smiley: Welcome Newbies! :smiley:

Having daily goals helps me stay on track. "The accountability of posting here keeps me on the straight and narrow. I can always find excuses in my head, but somehow, they just don't cut it when I see them in black and white on the page."
    (Terri Richardson)

JFT Fri 10 June 2016
    • Pre-log/follow through; 150+ minutes exercise, 185 ; 10000+ steps, 15909! Went to a barn dance!
    • 8 cups liquids/Monitor sodium intake. :)
    • Do mending! :)
    • Declutter hobbies work table. :)
    • Photo shoot at a country park after lunch. Hoping for fine weather. Dull but dry!

JFT Sat 11 June 2016
    • Pre-log/follow through; 150+ minutes exercise, 185 ; 10000+ steps, 15909
    • 8 cups liquids/Monitor sodium intake.
    • visit to Local shops.
    • Outing with my younger daughter to go walking.
    • Live! Laugh! Love!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

I use 15 minute bursts for housework. It's amazing what you can do in 15 minutes!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    JFT Fri 10 June 2016

1) Stay within calorie range :)
    2) No added sugar or high carb foods :)
    3) Log :)
    4) Jazzercise :)
    5) Help stepson make hamburger patties for Big Fat BBQ Open House (all day :/ drop-in affair for people to meet & greet newlywed stepson & wonderful wife...going to be nice but too long - we are co-hosting). :)

JFT Sat 11 June 2016

1) Stay within calorie range
    2) Log
    3) No ETOH
    4) Co-hostess Big Fat BBQ Open House
    5) Go to Wegman's in 1/2 hour before the crowd
    6) Go to son's house to let grandson sleep in while rest of family goes to swim meet at 7:30 a.m. Cut up tomatoes, onions, etc. for BBQ while grandson snoozes

Karen in Virginia <3

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    For today, 6/6/16, I will:

- Not exceed my calorie goal, for food
    - At drinks tonight, only drink slimline G&Ts - maximum 3 (taking me max 150 calories over my limit)

Managed to do these, even though I was hungry!

Also persuaded my friend that I went for drinks with to download MFP - we can be buddies and support each other now.

Today's commitment -

- Go to gym after work
    - Finish day with 350+ calorie deficit (after including gym calories)
    -

Met both of my targets, and actually smashed the second one to the point where MFP told me I wasn't eating enough! (That's never happened before when I've not forgotten to log something)

Didn't actually feel hungry though despite the deficit, which is encouraging. I won't have that deficit on any other days this week:

Today going to my friend's for dinner which will make it difficult to stay within calorie limit - the food is generally not healthy and lots of wine is normally involved.

However, will set the following targets to keep the indulgence down:

- I'll log the dinner, even if I am not exactly sure what's in it
    - I'll make sure I don't eat more main course than others - no second!
    - If dessert is one where we choose portion size, I'll have a small portion
    - I'll drink as much diet lemonade as I do wine to keep my appetite under control - and will limit wine to half a bottle MAX

Hmm, so I managed two of these, I'd say - two of these, though probably wasn't really down to my efforts as opposed to my friends giving me a plate with a small portion size!

Failed on the other two though - had an entire bottle of wine + double g&t, and failed to log any of the calories. It had been a very bad day so i don't feel too bad about it, however I have to make sure this doesn't happen too often - bad days will happen and I need to learn to deal with them without turning to alcohol/food.

Today's commitment is very simple: come in within calorie goal!

Met my goal, came in with zero calories left! I was very hungry though - made me realise that I need to optimise the foods I eat to be fuller - had eaten quite calorie dense but non-filling foods.

I'm now staying with my boyfriend in Madrid for the weekend so control will be hard - we'll be eating out a bit and don't have a scale in the flat for weighing ingredients. Nonetheless, I'll:

- Log all the foods I eat, even if I'm not sure I'm being accurate - better to put something than not bother at all
    - not snack outside meals
    - at meals, go for 'healthy options' - or if i want to go for 'non-healthy options' have small portions
    - keep alcohol and milky coffees to a minimum - no more than one coffee per day and order wine by glass (with as much water drunk as wine)

Will be hard as i like to eat on holiday... will see how i do!

I met all these apart from the not snacking outside meals - we had a couple of pre-dinner drinks and in Madrid they always bring you snacks (crisps/olives) with them. I didn't have loads but did have more than I should have.

Other than that I met them all though. I ended up going 500 cals over, though I'm not sure that's correct, I ate (maybe - not sure) 400g of bread and MFP has said that's nearly 1000 kcal?!

That seems way too high, however just in case i will try to steer clear of the bread today and eat other things instead! Very hard to track when away, you just don't know how many calories you're eating....
  • amanda000002014
    amanda000002014 Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    1. Do morning dishes.
    2. Let Alex ride big wheel up and down side walk before shade is gone.
    3. Swimming
    4. Do absolutely nothing until I go to work.
    5. Play some eso when I get out of work.
    6. Stay in calories today.
    Today is my lazy day and that's that!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    1. Make the bed.
    2. Wash kitchen floor.
    3. Vacuum bedroom
    4. Vacuum living room
    5. Food Pref - salad, eggs
    6. Kitchen dishes
    7. Healthy Choices today
    8. Work on finishing up my library book.
    9. Try and get a swim in today.